Mini Trip Report for Canadians travelling to Aulani

FinnFogg

Mouseketeer
Here now for a 3 day mini-break…a quick trip to get the lay of the land before (hopefully) returning with my husband and kids over Xmas. I was quite worried about the testing to get here (and home) and the Safe Access Oahu passport (as I am double AZ), but it has all been great. Here’s a brief run down of my experiences so far:

-Booked on Westjet, and trested with Iridia in Vancouver (Lifelabs agent) on Wednesday morning. Received results by email Thursday morning
- Safe Travels Hawaii was a breeze to set up and upload all info and test results.
- YVR was AMAZING. Zero lines, very civilized, dealt with real people (both check in and customs) instead of Kiosks
- Flight was about 2/3 full. Very comfy. Was able to get row 5 (extra legroom) for no additional charge on check-in. I was on the aisle, someone was by the window but the centre seat was empty.
- Booked HeleHele shuttle for transfer, as its just me and I didn’t want to drive. It’s usually $24 each way, but DVC and Marriott Vacation Club get a complimentary return so $24 both ways. Received a text from my greeter on landing, and she met me at the baggage claim. I must have been the only one arriving around that time, so she put me in a charleys taxi and gave him a voucher. Solo cab ride to Aulani!
- No line at check in at Aulani. Now, it was 10pm, and I have seen it get RIdICULOUS during the day here. So late night check in has its perks.
- I had printed off my BC vaccine Card as well as my Bc vaccine record showing the type and dates of doses. She took a quick look in check in and gave me a black bracelet so I can dine on property. No questions about the AZ.
- There is a testing centre right across the road (near Monkeypod) for return testing, but their computer was down yesterday so I took a taxi into Kapolei (had to got to target anyway) and got tested at DLS. Test was at 9:30 am Saturday, and I received results via email at 5am Sunday
- went to Mina’s Fish House at the Four Seasons for happy hour yesterday. Showed them the same BC vax cards. Again, no issue with AZ.
- went directly from Mina’s to Monkeypod for more happy hour 😂😂 No issues there either re AZ.
- Aulani is BUSY this weekend. It’s Columbus Day tomorrow and I understand that a school break has just started, so lots if locals. The pool area is a gong show, but the beach is chill.
- I forgot how much I love it here!!!! 😍 Heading home tomorrow night, but can’t wait to come back for Xmas.

I am happy to hear it went smooth for you!
Great to know there is a testing place across the road as well as in Kapolei.
Thanks for all the other info as well.
We are hopefully to get back to Hawaii in May so I really appreciate all the details!

Great news!! Thank you for the info! And you’re right, YVR is amazing right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter