Mini reviews

JennyT1

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a fabulous 8 nights at WDW with free ddp. We visited some old favourites, some new spots for us and had lots of great meals with only a few misses! We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. WDW restaurants are part of our total experience. I loved using the app to change times and change restaurants. Refreshing and trying the day of was very successful. I didn't take any pictures but will answer any questions. I'll split into QS and TS.

QUICK SERVICE:
Our #1 was Blaze. Wow, fast service, lots of topping selections and truly delicious pizza! Also, loved the drink selections, blood orange lemonade....yummy! We each got our own pizza but could have shared 3. We enjoyed this so much we went back a second time. Desserts of cookies and brownies were only ok but we were really too full to care. You could sub for a side salad which we did at one visit.

Sunshine Season - as always, SS was great. 2 of us got the pork chops with mashed potatoes and green beans, one the Mongolian beef with fried rice and noodles and one the rotisserie chicken. Desserts were amazing ... So hard to choose! We all tasted the blueberry cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, chocolate mousse cake and sorry forget the 4th. But all were very good.

BOG - so glad we had the 11:05 time slot! Even with making a change with our preorder, we flew thru line and had our food 10 min after sitting down. By time we left, the line on the bridge was huge! We had 2 French onion soups, 1 potato leek, 3 braised pork, 1 carved beef sandwich, 2 cupcakes. It was A LOT of food but all was served hot and was delicious. Only my French fries were a little off, not hot and not too tasty but I didn't care because I was too full to eat them!

Backlot Express - standard meals of burgers and chicken nuggets. Fries and nuggets were hot and yummy. Burger only ok. The frozen slushies were strange and my kids exchanged them for bottles of water. Desserts of darth Vader cupcakes and chocolate mousse were good. This a great QS for drink refills and ample seating.

Now for the ugly! Lunch at blizzard beach was a disaster of huge slow lines, frequent mistakes and cold terrible food. It was so surprising because we've always had pretty decent lunches there.
The other ugly was the QS in Japan. We had 3 teriyaki chicken and beef - the beef was odd, the chicken so dry you could barely swallow. The miso soup and edamame were good. We had considered returning the food but we ended up eating enough to not be hungry then went to France and got desserts. We will never eat there again.

Somewhere along the way, someone didn't deduct some of our QS so we ended up with 4 extra which we used at Starbucks for venti sized drinks and muffins. All great ... Love having Starbucks at the parks!

So overall, QS was great. Hoping with all the new coming to HS, that they get more options.

TABLE SERVICE:

'Ohana breakfast : this was our second time at 'Ohana for breakfast and it certainly won't be our last. All the food came out hot and delicious. Our server was fast and efficient leaving pots of coffe, carafes of juice and filled our order for seconds quickly. Only down fall was that the characters were so slow! It seemed to be the theme at all the character meals we went to. We were done eating before we even saw 1. We left before even seeing Pluto because we were already late leaving for BB. Mickey, Stitch and LILO were awesome though and worth the wait.

'Ohana dinner - this was our first time and we LOVED it! Once again we had an awesome server, she refilled drinks quickly and brought plates full of things we wanted seconds on. I know there have been lots of reports on here about servers disappearing, no seconds coming but we were the complete opposite! My son told our server how much he loved the shrimp, she brought over a plate full! OMG we left so stuffed. Oh and the lapu lapus were awesome!

50s PT - another great visit to 50s! Our server was fun without going overboard. We all had fried chicken which was crispy and oh so good! Milkshakes were fantastic but we were only able to finish half. We were stuffed! We will definitely go to 50s again.

Chefs de France - the last time we visited, we found the food to be great, service snotty, and tables too close together. This time, we were seated at the back of the restaurant and it was much roomier and quieter. Our server was amazing, even getting my sons dessert plate decorated for his birthday. The food was awesome! We all got the 3 course prix fixe, French onion soups, and 1 salad to start. Everyone loved their soup and my salad was so good I could have eaten 2! We all had the braised short ribs, 2 with the polenta it came with and 2 subbed mashed potatoes. The short ribs were so tender and so meaty. Delicious. Polenta was a bit runny for my taste but still tasted great. Mashed potatoes were only ok, not very creamy but did the job of soaking up the wonderful sauce. We all had different desserts - apple tart, meringue, sorbet and cream puffs. All perfect. We will defiantly eat here again.

Via Napoli - 3 of us had pizza (2 capricciosa, 1 prosciutto and melon) and one pasta that was a special. All very good but service was a bit slow. The zeppole were greasy and heavy. But the tiramisu was delicious. It was a very good but not great so maybe a slightly off night. With Blaze pizza being so good and cheap in comparison, I don't know if I would book VN again.

Crystal Palace - the last time we ate here it was only ok but I rebooked because the kids begged. Well I'm so glad we did. The food was awesome! Our favourites were the perogis, flank steak, turkey, the delicious chicken and mashed potatoes! We left stuffed and it was nice to have lots of variety. Characters here were horribly behind. We were done eating and waited and waited. We ended up leaving with see Eeyore but glad we waited because Tigger was AMAZING, so amazing that I'm going to send in an email! CP is back on our must book list again!

Tusker House - I know this place gets great reviews so I really went out on a limb and booked this for dinner. It was not to our taste and even the more basics were terrible. Cold food, fatty inedible carved pork, messy dessert stations with a real lack of desserts. We will never book here again. Slowest of all the slow characters, worst TS server ever. Thankfully a manager brought us to see the characters quickly for at least a picture and gave us an open fast pass. I had considered changing this to yak and yeti and was so mad I didn't. Never again!

Last but not least was Teppan Edo. Much better than a previous visit with larger food portions! Our servers were quick and efficient and our cook funny and fast! We got 2 orders of the tempura to start and wish we hadn't. It was not good, do not waste your money. Plus with the bigger portions, there was no need for an appetizer.

So that's it! Overall a standing ovation to Disney dining and all the great experiences we had! Cheers!

Thank you for your review. I'm debating between Teppan Edo and Chef de France. Which would you recommend? Some said "show" at Teppan Edo was boring since chef only did the onion volcano. Did you get more or onion volcano only?

Thank you for your review. I'm debating between Teppan Edo and Chef de France. Which would you recommend? Some said "show" at Teppan Edo was boring since chef only did the onion volcano. Did you get more or onion volcano only?

Our chef was very good but I have heard some are boring. For our dinner, the family we were seated with were dull - i think our chef wold have played it up more if he had gotten full participation. I enjoyed both restaurants so I would have a hard time picking. I think I would pick chefs and my kids and husband would pick Teppan edo .... They loved the shrimp and the noodles. I prefer the desserts at chefs but both meals were very good, and we left very full. Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter