• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mini Golf Solo

shaqfor3

Mouseketeer
I am having a Disney solo trip in November and I will have the Waterparks and Sport tickets

I dont mind doing the parks or the waterparks solo but I was wondering about the mini golf as I wont use all the tickets on the waterparks (specially since only TL will be open and not every day will be open as it is a cold month).

Has any of you did the minigolfs solo before? If I do, would it be better to go early so it is less crowded?

Note that I had never golf or minigolf before.

Thanks!

I am having a Disney solo trip in November and I will have the Waterparks and Sport tickets

I dont mind doing the parks or the waterparks solo but I was wondering about the mini golf as I wont use all the tickets on the waterparks (specially since only TL will be open and not every day will be open as it is a cold month).

Has any of you did the minigolfs solo before? If I do, would it be better to go early so it is less crowded?

Thanks!
November isn't as cold as you'd think in Florida. Not as warm as summer, but not terrible either. That said, mini golf is fine to do alone. It's not like regular golf where they require a partner.

I've had 18 solo WDW trips before .... but I've never felt comfortable doing the mini golf solo. I would also like to hear from others on this. I will be there late Nov. - early Dec.

I did mini golf solo once. Did the winter course at the one by Blizzard beach after I was at the water park. It’s not the greatest because you’re not competing against another person. November is pretty nice weather wise. You run into the waterpark being closed for temperature more in January

DH and I mini golf quite a bit when we are in FL. You could certainly do it solo, but I think it's one of those things that's more fun with other people.

I'll disagree with the posters saying mini golf isn't as fun solo as with others.

I've not played at WDW but love playing solo at other courses. You can take your time (letting groups play through, of course), repeat a hole if you feel like it, skip those that look harder than you like, etc.

I can have a grand time playing alone. Just depends how competitive a person wants to be--and even if you are, you can always save your scorecards and compete with yourself another time.

I'll disagree with the posters saying mini golf isn't as fun solo as with others.

I've not played at WDW but love playing solo at other courses. You can take your time (letting groups play through, of course), repeat a hole if you feel like it, skip those that look harder than you like, etc.

I can have a grand time playing alone. Just depends how competitive a person wants to be--and even if you are, you can always save your scorecards and compete with yourself another time.
Thanks for your imput

I mean I can always play against the course. Of course then I will be like 10+ over par in the 9th hole there will be no suspense but I can always cheat.

Thanks!
If you've never played golf before, you can't do without an instructor. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Definitely go and enjoy. I've done the Winter Summerland mini golf course in the parking lot in front of Blizzard Beach 5+ times solo and always enjoyed. It's not as challenging as the other mini golf course and has more fun features. That course is easy and just requires some patience, hand-eye coordination and a sense of humour. I usually go first thing in the morning on my non-park day as its cooler and fewer large groups in front of me. One person can book it through the course quickly but if you're stuck behind a family of 6 it's very slow. I sometimes politely ask if I can play through and no problem as families would rather that then a stranger hanging around behind them. If I remember right, there are some time of use restrictions on the coupons that come with the resort hotel/ticket package (think no evenings) so that's a factor if using up your coupons. When not busy, the CMs usually will let you use a second coupon after your first round so you can play again. Have fun.

Mini-golf doesn't require much in the way of skill, it is something you do more for fun. Before you travel, find a friend/neighbor/relative to show you how to hold the putter and get an idea of the putting stroke. (It is something you can easily practice at home on any carpeted surface.) Most of mini-golf is luck in how the ball bounces off of the various obstacles.

I wouldn't count out a day at a waterpark in November. While there's variable weather that month, you could get a stretch of 80 degree days and because there is a decrease in folks planning to hit a waterpark at that time, crowds could be light.

You can totally go to mini-golf alone. No big deal.

I’ve done the all wdw mini golf solo as well!
The first time was at the summerland course, and I thought it would be awkward…my cousin had been with me, but left the day before, and we just never got around to the mini golf despite our best intentions.
But it was awesome! the attendant insisted I play for both of us & win! So, I played with a grin and a goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter