Mine Train soft opening?

They were hand picking people to ride today for soft opening. Select regular park guests had the chance to ride if they were waking by and selected by CMs.

They were hand picking people to ride today for soft opening. Select regular park guests had the chance to ride if they were waking by and selected by CMs.

Are you sure about this? All I have been hearing on other boards is that it's just CM's at this point.

Are you sure about this? All I have been hearing on other boards is that it's just CM's at this point.
I saw this reported by a couple people on twitter but than going through other places everyone has been saying its CM previews for the next week.

It's just CM previews for now. Was there yesterday. I know people outside of MK have ridden it as I spoke to more than one CM at Epcot today that had ridden it.

I'm primarily interested to see if they do anything for the Passholders or not.

It's just CM previews for now. Was there yesterday. I know people outside of MK have ridden it as I spoke to more than one CM at Epcot today that had ridden it. I'm primarily interested to see if they do anything for the Passholders or not.
I have this feeling they won't do AP previews and they will do a small soft opening for a few days before the official opening. My best guess is most will have to wait for the May 28th.

Don't know how true this is. But a kid I went to school with works for Disney now. He rode mine train yesterday and one of his friends asked if it was going to be in Soft opening by the 24 hour event. He said no, they are holding firm to the 28 opening date.

Don't know how true this is. But a kid I went to school with works for Disney now. He rode mine train yesterday and one of his friends asked if it was going to be in Soft opening by the 24 hour event. He said no, they are holding firm to the 28 opening date.
I saw this coming. Disney is opening this ride much different than ones in years past. The media event was also much different than others as well. They didn't let media film the ride themselves they used Disney film of the media riding it. Also usually a media event happens close to or on the same day as official opening and that didn't happen either. From multiple media members they said Disney was weird about this and I have a feeling this will be the way Disney does things for single attractions from now on. Large openings such as avatar will probably need some large scale previews.

I saw this coming. Disney is opening this ride much different than ones in years past. The media event was also much different than others as well. They didn't let media film the ride themselves they used Disney film of the media riding it. Also usually a media event happens close to or on the same day as official opening and that didn't happen either. From multiple media members they said Disney was weird about this and I have a feeling this will be the way Disney does things for single attractions from now on. Large openings such as avatar will probably need some large scale previews.

Like I said it is just one persons story so take it as you like. I believe him though just because that is the type of person he is. I have no other openings to compare it to. We just started going a year ago so I am still learning everything. I'm just excited we arrive 2 days before the opening and have fp reserved for opening night :)

I'm sure that with the current high volume traffic issues from the A&E meet and greet that Disney has some significant congestion concerns about that area of the park.

Soft open is now closed due to some technical issues if it reopens it won't be for another 2 or more hours. Most are saying it probably is done for today.

We got back late Tuesday night and didn't get to ride, but our friends are there through tomorrow and got to ride it this morning! They asked the CM out front and she told them that only CM's were riding. While they were talking to her, someone else came out and said to open it for ten minutes, and they got on! Talk about being at the right place at the right time!!!!

Susan

Knew they'd make it happen for the 24 hour event LOL.
Lets see, so they started construction in about June of '11. So almost 3 years on the dot to build. We break any records? I don't think that came close to HM?
Better be worth the wait... :drive:

Knew they'd make it happen for the 24 hour event LOL. Lets see, so they started construction in about June of '11. So almost 3 years on the dot to build. We break any records? I don't think that came close to HM? Better be worth the wait... :drive:
Well it's had posted waits of over an hour all day long. With that being said many people have ridden multiple times and have said it's really only a 30 minute wait maybe. They are loading and unloading this attraction very fast it seems.

The wait has been 60 minutes consistently all day. We walked right on at park opening. It was so cute! We will probably ride again tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter