Milkshakes with Dining Plan

aprylann28

Mouseketeer
Hi. My family is going on our first WDW vacation in December. We are on the deluxe dining plan. We want to eat at Beaches and Cream one day and at 50's Prime Time Cafe when we are at Hollywood Studios. My questions is can we get milkshakes as a drink with our meals and still get a different desert, or do milkshakes count as your dessert? Can we get ice cream at Beaches and Cream as our dessert on the dining plan? Thank you for the advice.

Hi. My family is going on our first WDW vacation in December. We are on the deluxe dining plan. We want to eat at Beaches and Cream one day and at 50's Prime Time Cafe when we are at Hollywood Studios. My questions is can we get milkshakes as a drink with our meals and still get a different desert, or do milkshakes count as your dessert? Can we get ice cream at Beaches and Cream as our dessert on the dining plan? Thank you for the advice.

At 50'sPTC my milkshake counted as my desesrt. I don't know about milkshakes at Beaches & Cream. You can get ice cream for desert there.

We've gone to 50's Prime Time last year and the year before on DxDP and both time DS and DH were able to get milkshakes as their beverage at beginning of meal plus a dessert at end with no extra charge. I don't know if things have changed this year. Both years we went for lunch. We're going again this year for lunch on DxDP and I'm hoping for the same as DH and DS enjoy the Milkshakes.

As with many things at Disney it can depend on the things like your server, the day of the week and the phases of the moon.:rotfl2: Best to ask and just hope these three are in alignment.:rotfl2:

At PTC you can always get a milkshake as your drink. If a server says you can't, ask for a manager. That server will get retraining immediately. Same thing at WCC. It's part of their appeal. And at WCC, the milkshakes are bottomless.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. We were wondering because DH loves milkshakes. I can't wait to go to WCC and have some bottomless milkshakes. Thanks, again.

Thanks for all the help in this thread. This family goes out of its way for decent shakes and PTC is a must do for us.

At PTC you can always get a milkshake as your drink. If a server says you can't, ask for a manager. That server will get retraining immediately. Same thing at WCC. It's part of their appeal. And at WCC, the milkshakes are bottomless.

What does PTC stand for? I looked in the thread with the abbreviations and didn't see it there. Thanks!

I checked the list... what is WCC? Wispering Canyon?

Thanks!

I checked the list... what is WCC? Wispering Canyon?

Thanks!

Yup. Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Unless they've changed something, most of the places that serve milkshakes let you get them for either your beverage or your dessert, so it's up to you to decide how much sugar you want in your life!

We've also had them at Sci-Fi (where they let us choose as beverage or dessert) and DS had one at Le Cellier too. Unlike WCC though they are both a one-off and not refillable.

can we get milkshakes as a drink with our meals and still get a different desert, or do milkshakes count as your dessert? Can we get ice cream at Beaches and Cream as our dessert on the dining plan? Thank you for the advice.

That could become ice cream OVERLOAD if you want!! :thumbsup2 Even for me... and I love ice cream!!

bottomless milkshakes? :worship:
adding WCC to the list of places to get to...hook me up to a frozen cow teet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter