milkshakes as beverages on DDP?

sand2270

DIS Veteran
What restaurants include milkshakes as your drink on the DDP? I am specifically curious about 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi Diner and Beaches and Cream. Thanks!

Sci Fi did this for us in June. I was expecting them to count it as dessert but the server said it would be a beverage. I can see this going either way, so I would just ask at each place. So often its up to the mood of the server! But for sure, you can sub it for a dessert. I have done that at PT several times.

I've done this at PTC and WCC and it seems to be policy. They don't allow 'specialty drinks' but shakes anywhere they have them.

We were able to get them at Sci Fi and WCC on the dining plan last month. The ones at Sci Fi however are not 'bottom less'. If you want a refill, our server told us the refill would be counted as your dessert. We passed on that! WCC offers unlimited refills.

We got milkshakes as our DDP beverage at The Wave restaurant in the Contemporary in September 2008. Don't know if they were "bottomless" because they were in a tall glass we never finished anyway...too full. We had the chocolate shakes, and they topped them with whip cream...yum.

Sci Fi does it! My server offered it to us. Noone else did but I didn't ask for them either.

thanks everyone! I usually can't drink more than one anyway so not as concerned with "bottomless. Trying to do some DDP math and wanted to be clear on this. I appreciate all the info. :)

I had the chocolate milkshake at Sci fi, smoothies at Kona cafe, Le Celllier and Narcoossee's.

Sci-Fi offers shakes as a drink & dessert option for the Adult dining plan. The kids dining plan they are offered as dessert only. Le Cellier also offers shakes & smoothies on the Adult dining plan (not sure about kids) & are non-refillable at either restaurant. Both places have really good shakes & the mango smoothie at Le Cellier is yummy!

My daughter was able to get shakes at Sci Fi and WCC on the Childs dining plan for no additional cost (as her drink, not dessert). It might be one of those situations where it depends on the server.

Oooh, good question, glad to know this! I hadn't even thought of shakes being counted as your beverage, guess I assumed they were an "extra". :)

I'm glad to know that because in Belgium, there aren't milk-shakes in restaurants :goodvibes . So I'll try in USA to drink milk with fries! :woohoo:

Sci-Fi offers shakes as a drink & dessert option for the Adult dining plan. The kids dining plan they are offered as dessert only. Le Cellier also offers shakes & smoothies on the Adult dining plan (not sure about kids) & are non-refillable at either restaurant. Both places have really good shakes & the mango smoothie at Le Cellier is yummy!

Our dd got a shake as her drink at Sci Fi as part of the kids meal. So did the kids beside us (who had a different waitress). They brought her a bottle of water as well. We got glasses of water but the waitress said kids get a bottle of water.

I'm curious about the Plaza, too...milkshake as drink on ddp?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter