• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Ticket Questions

We are planning on buying Salute ticket packages. With reservations being required does that mean that we have to start each day in a predetermined and reserved park?

We are planning on buying Salute ticket packages. With reservations being required does that mean that we have to start each day in a predetermined and reserved park?
Yes, or change your reservation each day to the park you wish to visit. You must have a park reservation for the park you enter first each day.

Also, sorry to answer a question you didn't ask. But one thing I discovered about these tickets/needing park reservations is that you are only eligible for the 7am Virtual Queues (currently for Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy) in the park you have reservations for.

It’s not hard to change your reservation unless you go during a busy time. We set up a default plan with reservations and then I change it to what we really want to do the night before or the next morning (if there’s no virtual queues to worry about in the morning.)

Also, sorry to answer a question you didn't ask. But one thing I discovered about these tickets/needing park reservations is that you are only eligible for the 7am Virtual Queues (currently for Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy) in the park you have reservations for.
Yes...we noticed that as well.

My apologies, but I have another question. Once we submit the ticket form for processing, how will they verify eligibility for my dad? I'd assume they'd call, but will they ask for information on his card, ask him to scan and send them a copy, etc.?

Concerning the Virtual Ques, we'll be using Military tickets and I would like more info on this. Are we not able to do any of the VQ for later times at all? What about when we park hop?
We would appreciate all of the info we can get concerning this. Thanks so much!

My apologies, but I have another question. Once we submit the ticket form for processing, how will they verify eligibility for my dad? I'd assume they'd call, but will they ask for information on his card, ask him to scan and send them a copy, etc.?
That depends on where you purchase the tickets. You can't buy them directly from Disney, you'll either need to go to the ticket office at your nearest military base, or you can buy them online from the Shades of Green resort (which is on property at WDW). The base ticket office will ask for your ID while you're there, while if you do a purchase online with Shades of Green, they'll ask to see a scan of your ID (I last did this a few years ago, so not sure if they've upgraded their tech to use other means of verification).

That depends on where you purchase the tickets. You can't buy them directly from Disney, you'll either need to go to the ticket office at your nearest military base, or you can buy them online from the Shades of Green resort (which is on property at WDW). The base ticket office will ask for your ID while you're there, while if you do a purchase online with Shades of Green, they'll ask to see a scan of your ID (I last did this a few years ago, so not sure if they've upgraded their tech to use other means of verification).
I'm trying to remember. We get them from Shades often, just a few months ago and I know we for sure have not scanned our id to them for years. I believe we just give them the name and d.o.b. of service member (possibly social, but def. not id anymore). - And yes to the op, they'll call.

Hey everyone. Has anyone recently used the Military promotional tickets? If so, did they check for ID at the gate? We will be purchasing tickets from Shades of Green and going down in June. My mother is the sponsor who will be getting the tickets however she will most likely stay at the resorts most days. I just want to make sure we can get into the parks without her being with us. I have heard mixed stories on the ID check so just seeing if anyone has recently used the tickets. Thanks for any info.
If you're buying the Armed Forces Salute tickets from SOG, they should already be activated but DL is known to ask for ID on the first visit. So as long as she goes on your first day, you should be fine.

We are purchasing magic your way tickets through a friend and I just discovered that we will need park reservations by coming across this thread. The day we were planning on going to MK is April 2 and it’s unavailable. Do these park reservations open up often?

We are purchasing magic your way tickets through a friend and I just discovered that we will need park reservations by coming across this thread. The day we were planning on going to MK is April 2 and it’s unavailable. Do these park reservations open up often?
You’re best to keep trying, often. Also, try to book rather than depending on the availability calendar. The calendar is not updated real-time.

As plans change, reservations can open up but it’s never guaranteed. Keep trying right up to and including the day you want to go.

Does anyone know when the 2025 Military WDW ticket prices will be announced? This year they have been referred to as Military Salute or Military Promotional tickets.

Does anyone know when the 2025 Military WDW ticket prices will be announced? This year they have been referred to as Military Salute or Military Promotional tickets.
It looks like 2024 offer was released in late Oct. 2023. Also just a note that the Salute tickets are not guaranteed to be offered every year, and/or may differ for the new year.

The discounted MYW tickets currently available can be used through mid-Dec. 2025.

Concerning the Virtual Ques, we'll be using Military tickets and I would like more info on this. Are we not able to do any of the VQ for later times at all? What about when we park hop?
For the 7 AM VQs, you will only be eligible for the park you have reservations for. For the 1 PM VQ, it works the same as all guests: you are eligible as long as you've tapped into the park (i.e. tapped into MK before the 1 PM Tron VQ opens). People say it's pretty easy to change your reservations after you've joined the 7 AM VQ, if you're not going at a busy time. (If you want GoTG but also want to start your day at DHS, set the reservation for Epcot, join the GoTG VQ at 7 AM, then change the reservation to DHS.)

As an update, my dad purchased our tickets yesterday from SOG, we submitted the online form(MYW tickets), which was also his first time purchasing and I know they asked him specific information related to his ID but didn’t have to send a scan of it so I’d imagine their technology has evolved to the point of not needing the scan of the ID.

Army civilian... got after-hours tix from Shades of Green and noticed they said, "military ticket" on them. Usually I do not need ID at gate but do I need it for these and do I need an actual military ID or would a civilian ID for the Army work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter