Military Ticket Questions and Discussions

scrappinginontario

We often have members asking questions about Military Tickets. Creating this thread as a place for people to ask questions and help others so that information can be accessed in one location. Future questions about Military Tickets will be merged here.

My sisters and I are going on a trip this summer. They think we are only going to Magic Kingdom but I'm surprising them with 4 day tickets.
One of my sisters is retired military. I know we can go to SoG to get the tickets but I'm worried we won't get there before they close on our arrival day.
My son is active duty military. I can ask him to buy the salute tix and mail them to me. Do they have to be activated with his ID or will my sister's military ID be ok?
Thank you!

My sisters and I are going on a trip this summer. They think we are only going to Magic Kingdom but I'm surprising them with 4 day tickets.
One of my sisters is retired military. I know we can go to SoG to get the tickets but I'm worried we won't get there before they close on our arrival day.
My son is active duty military. I can ask him to buy the salute tix and mail them to me. Do they have to be activated with his ID or will my sister's military ID be ok?
Thank you!
If you buy the tickets at SoG, they are already activated. You can actually buy tickets via SoG before your trip, if your arrival time is a concern. Just go to their website and you can purchase the tickets that way. SoG will verify the military member's ID as part of the purchase process. This may, however, ruin the element of surprise you're looking for.

If you have your son buy the tix at his base, the tix will not be activated and he would have to be with you at WDW to activate them because they'll be issued under his name and he would need to actually use one of the tix.

If you buy the tickets at SoG, they are already activated. You can actually buy tickets via SoG before your trip, if your arrival time is a concern. Just go to their website and you can purchase the tickets that way. SoG will verify the military member's ID as part of the purchase process. This may, however, ruin the element of surprise you're looking for.

If you have your son buy the tix at his base, the tix will not be activated and he would have to be with you at WDW to activate them because they'll be issued under his name and he would need to actually use one of the tix.
Thank you!

Thank you!
Shades of Green has a great page on their website that I found super helpful explaining different tickets, requirements, and how to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter