Military Salute Tickets Disney

sammi6

Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities
Has anyone purchased and used these tickets yet? The $99 companion 5 day tickets. If so did you purchase them before you went down or when you got there? Was it a pain free experience or a pain in the neck? Also is it $150 for hopper with water parks or $125? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure we are prepared and ready.

All I know is those salute military tickets really true...and can be exchanged at the gate

Has anyone purchased and used these tickets yet? The $99 companion 5 day tickets. If so did you purchase them before you went down or when you got there? Was it a pain free experience or a pain in the neck? Also is it $150 for hopper with water parks or $125? Sorry about all the questions, just want to make sure we are prepared and ready.

We have gooten ours on baase but have not used them because our trip isn't until Dec.
The companion tickets with park hopper are $124.
The companion tickets with park hopper, water parks and more are $149.

We used these tickets in May - my fiance and I went with his grandparents, and his grandpa is retired Navy.

We purchased them at the SOG resort once we got down there and it was really easy. I'm not sure where you're staying, but they had a little booth at SOG where you could purchase them.

You have to activate them at the "will call" window before you enter the park the 1st time, and the person with the military ID has to be with you when you activate them. That was the only downside - we waited in line to get into the park for 30 mins only to find out we had to go activate them first. :rolleyes:

Just used the companion ticket in April. My friend is an active military wife. She was able to purchase the tickets right at the International Gateway entrance - Guest Services at Epcot. She was definitely required to show her spouse military ID with her husband's info, it took a few minutes for the CM to figure out the process. The park hopper tickets are $124 + tax (if you buy the tickets at SOG or another military base you would not pay tax). If you add the water park option, it would be an additional $25 per ticket.

We purchased and used these in January, soon after the promo began.

DD is military wife. We went to SOG and she used her ID to get her DH's free pass (even though he wasn't w/us) and 5 companion.

We added hopper and WP options to companion tickets.
THen we went to the will call window and upgraded 5 companions to AP's.

Total cost after AP upgrade tax was approx $306 ea.
Awesome deal considering AP's are $469+tax @ the WDW ticket windows. :woohoo:

It is always pain free for us. DH had a free hopper w/ Water Park and More, and we purchased 2 of the same type of tickets for ds and me. No problems, huge savings :goodvibes

Ooh, glad you posted this. We are using those tickets too. Wasn't sure if we could get them once we got there. We will probably still get them on base, though, to avoid tax.

Does anybody know what the chances are that they will offer this deal again? Has it been offered in the past? I only just found out about them a couple of months ago, and we kind of jumped at it, and are planning to go in August. But, our youngest DD is 3 and our original plan has always been to wait until she is at least 5 or 6 so we can do more. We just don't want to pass up such a good deal on tickets!

Sorry for the mini-hijack, hope you enjoy your trip, sammi6!

We will probably still get them on base, though, to avoid tax. But, our youngest DD is 3 and our original plan has always been to wait until she is at least 5 or 6 so we can do more. We just don't want to pass up such a good deal on tickets!

No tax @ SOG ticket counter.

Just took our DGS2 in January. He was a blast!!!
He had a great time and we had the most fun we've had there in ages!

I wouldn't hesitate if DD is 3. She'll love it and you'll come home w/priceless memories!:cloud9:

Just don't try to overplan and do too much. Let her age and energy levels be your guide.

We purchased and used these in January, soon after the promo began.

DD is military wife. We went to SOG and she used her ID to get her DH's free pass (even though he wasn't w/us) and 5 companion.

We added hopper and WP options to companion tickets.
THen we went to the will call window and upgraded 5 companions to AP's.

Total cost after AP upgrade tax was approx $306 ea.
Awesome deal considering AP's are $469+tax @ the WDW ticket windows. :woohoo:

Wow! Can you explain this more. I don't want to misunderstand. Did the AP's turn out to be $306 total or $306 PLUS the cost of the companion tickets with PH and WP ($149)?

Can I just give my details and anyone who wishes to help me better understand -- I am very grateful.
DH is on active duty.
We will need 15 days worth of tickets for our trip.
I thought conversion to AP would be more.
There are 4 in our party all considered adults. I planned to have DH purchase tickets on post to avoid sales tax.

My plan was for him to get his free 5 day pass. Then purchase 3 additional and add PH. Each would cost $124 (still debating if we would add the WP option).
Then we planned to buy four 10 day PH tickets at $282 each.
Total cost for companions = $406
(Annual Pass would be $460--that is the price SOG gives)
Total cost for DH= $282
(Annual Pass $460)

I thought we were saving $232 for the 4 of us by NOT buying AP.

I'm sorry OP for a bit of a hijack -- I didn't think of this until now...what is the discount card called for dining? how much is it? Even if our cost would be as I originally thought do you think it would make sense to bump one companion ticket up to AP for an extra total cost (remembering the additional 10 day PH purchase) of $54 just to get the discount card?

TIA. Sorry for so many questions--just want to get the best value.

Wow! Can you explain this more. I don't want to misunderstand. Did the AP's turn out to be $306 total or $306 PLUS the cost of the companion tickets with PH and WP ($149)?

Sorry, on my way out to a grad party - only have a sec to address the first comment on my post.

Son-in-law is military - married to my daughter.
In Jan the whole family (-) SIL went to WDW. DD used her military ID to get SIL's 5-day freebie and (5) companions @ SOG (no tax there either).

We upgraded the 5 companion tickets to include the WP and Hopper options, so total was $149 each for initial purchase @ SOG.

**Note: we were told military person's freebie cannot be upgraded at all.

Anyway, got his and held onto it for him because he will go in Dec w/ us.

Took the 5 $149 companion tickets from SOG and went to the window @ TTC, and upgraded those to regular AP's.
Total cost for each AP between the SOG counter and the TTC window, was ~$306 (not sure exactly, but within a few $$ of that).

Now, if you want the WP option to be valid, you must get a Premium AP upgrade which will be more.

The way to figure your costs is to see what a /5-day-hopper-WP/ ticket is @ WDW.
Then see what an AP costs @ WDW -whichever you plan to get, reg or premium.
The difference between the two, plus any applicable tax, is what you will still have to pay above the initial $149/ea for the upgrade to the AP.

I hope that makes sense!!
It seems about as clear as mud!!
I just don't have time right now to check the costs on Disney's site for you.

I'll check back later this evening to see if you still need help.

Sorry!!! :sad1:

Sorry, on my way out to a grad party - only have a sec to address the first comment on my post.

Son-in-law is military - married to my daughter.
In Jan the whole family (-) SIL went to WDW. DD used her military ID to get SIL's 5-day freebie and (5) companions @ SOG (no tax there either).

We upgraded the 5 companion tickets to include the WP and Hopper options, so total was $149 each for initial purchase @ SOG.

**Note: we were told military person's freebie cannot be upgraded at all.

Anyway, got his and held onto it for him because he will go in Dec w/ us.

Took the 5 $149 companion tickets from SOG and went to the window @ TTC, and upgraded those to regular AP's.
Total cost for each AP between the SOG counter and the TTC window, was ~$306 (not sure exactly, but within a few $$ of that).

Now, if you want the WP option to be valid, you must get a Premium AP upgrade which will be more.

The way to figure your costs is to see what a /5-day-hopper-WP/ ticket is @ WDW.
Then see what an AP costs @ WDW -whichever you plan to get, reg or premium.
The difference between the two, plus any applicable tax, is what you will still have to pay above the initial $149/ea for the upgrade to the AP.

I hope that makes sense!!
It seems about as clear as mud!!
I just don't have time right now to check the costs on Disney's site for you.

I'll check back later this evening to see if you still need help.

Sorry!!! :sad1:

Thanks. What I am understanding is you paid the cost of the companion tix + $306 (approx) for the AP.

I don't think that will save us much EXCEPT...can you use one of the 10% AP coupons when you upgrade? I think I should start a new thread --sorry OP.

Hi all,
I have been trying to get an affirmative answer if days can be added to these passes. All I've read says that you can't add days, but the travel agent at the base keeps saying you can add days for a small fee. I don't want to find out that I can't add days once I get there, because I'll have to change around a lot of dining. Has anyone been able to add days?

Friends of ours tried to add days and it wasn't possible. Now they did theirs at Disney guest services, so I don't know if it would be different at Shades of Green. I would call the ticket office there to get a definite answer 407-824-1403

I don't think that will save us much EXCEPT...can you use one of the 10% AP coupons when you upgrade? I think I should start a new thread --sorry OP.

Yes..you can use the 10% discount cards, but you have to do it in person on or before 7/31/09 (that's when the discount cards expire). You're really only saving the 10%...nothing more because the price you paid for the military tickets is the exact amount applied to the upgrade -- the only true benefit is having a ticket you can use for future visits vs. the five days the military ticket allows. Clear as mud? :teeth:

If you aren't planning another visit in 2009 and won't be needing to purchase the military tickets again, you should consider buying all six military tickets you are entitled to -- then only three of you would need to buy a 10day MYW ticket as the fourth person could use the other two military tickets (for a total of 3 to end up with 15 days admission).

Should end up paying something like this:
Guest 1 = $248 (free ticket + $124 + 124)
Guest 2 = $406 ($124 + $282)
Guest 3 = $406 " "
Guest 4 = $406 " "

Friends of ours tried to add days and it wasn't possible. Now they did theirs at Disney guest services, so I don't know if it would be different at Shades of Green. I would call the ticket office there to get a definite answer 407-824-1403

Hi all,
I have been trying to get an affirmative answer if days can be added to these passes. All I've read says that you can't add days, but the travel agent at the base keeps saying you can add days for a small fee. I don't want to find out that I can't add days once I get there, because I'll have to change around a lot of dining. Has anyone been able to add days?

So anyway, I decided not to risk it, and have eliminated our first and and last day meals in the parks, and we will just assume that we only have 5 day hoppers, not the 7 days I wished for. I'm figuring that when we go to activate the military hoppers at the will call windows, and ask to add on 2 more days, they'll say no and we will have to buy a separate 2 day ticket for the regular high price. That would make the original purchase of the ticket a waste. I also don't know if we'll be back within a year, so I don't want to upgrade to AP's. We're just happy to be going and getting such a nice deal:lovestruc! :yay::cool1:

I talked to a ticketing person through Shades of Green. (I had to leave a message and he called back a few days later.)

It has been a while so I don't remember his exact words, but basically the 5 day ticket is 5 days period. No way to add days. An upgrade to AP only credits the actual amount paid for the companion ticket and it is backdated to the day your ticket started.

Basically, it is what it is. A great promotion if you need a 5 day ticket.

Earlier in the thread, a pp got credit toward to AP's. This was early in the promotion. That is no longer possible.

This is not from my personal experience but from phone calls to WDW and Shades of Green.

Hi all,

The T/A is wrong on this point. You cannot add days. Period.

I was working the ThemeParks board when this promotion was released. Upgrading the tickets was a major question.

They *can* be upgraded, but you lose all military savings in doing it.. basically.. they'll refund what you paid for the military ticket and allow you to pay full price for the longer ticket you want. But that's no deal....

So really, they can't be upgraded to add days for a small fee .. and if you lose all the savings of the offer, then they aren't really "upgradeable" at all.

So anyway, I decided not to risk it, and have eliminated our first and and last day meals in the parks, and we will just assume that we only have 5 day hoppers, not the 7 days I wished for. I'm figuring that when we go to activate the military hoppers at the will call windows, and ask to add on 2 more days, they'll say no and we will have to buy a separate 2 day ticket for the regular high price. That would make the original purchase of the ticket a waste. I also don't know if we'll be back within a year, so I don't want to upgrade to AP's. We're just happy to be going and getting such a nice deal:lovestruc! :yay::cool1:

Were you going to add the water parks option? If so, you still technically could have 7 days... just spend 2 days NOT at a theme park (does that make sense?) Work your theme park days around your dining schedule. If you have an ADR in a theme park, then go to the parks on that day. Pick 2 resorts for your other ADR's... for example 'Ohanas or the 1900 Park Fare can be "non-theme park ADR's". That way you still have your 7 days of ADR's.

Really, you can do this with only 5 days of theme-park as well. You can still have a day or two to head over to DTD and hang out. IMO, the extra $25 a ticket for the water parks & more can make it worth it. You also get into DisneyQuest in DTD with the "more" part of the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter