• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military salute frustration

In 2012 announcement was in sept. In 2010 was announced in October..
I'qam not referring to the run dates.
The time period from 2010-2011, then 2011-2012 was all one Salute..it was supposed to end on sept. 30, 2011, but Disney extended the offer through Sept 30, 2012. (it was similar to what happened this past year with the time frame switch when people were allowed to get 12 tickets/service member over the course of the promotion rather than the usual 6). That particular time period of the salute was much different than what Disney has done for the past few years, so personally I wouldn't think that I would be a predictor of how disney will handle this year.

Yeah, last year was the first year that they released the discount for the full calendar year instead of just through September/October. So, I would imagine that the announcement would come a little later this year (if it's coming) because it would cover all of next year.

The time period from 2010-2011, then 2011-2012 was all one Salute..it was supposed to end on sept. 30, 2011, but Disney extended the offer through Sept 30, 2012. (it was similar to what happened this past year with the time frame switch when people were allowed to get 12 tickets/service member over the course of the promotion rather than the usual 6). That particular time period of the salute was much different than what Disney has done for the past few years, so personally I wouldn't think that I would be a predictor of how disney will handle this year.
Correct, I simply gave the time frame that the announcement is generally made. I read that insides (to Disney) say not to expect the announcement (for 2017) til the end of September. I'm hoping sooner! We go almost every year

There doesn't appear to be any information about it online yet, but if you want room reservations with the discount, Steve's e-mail indicated you can go ahead and do that today.

From what I am hearing park hopper tickets are $209 for 4 days and $234 for 5 days :) We don't need rooms, but those park tickets are going to help!

So appreciative Disney renewed the Salute resort offer.
There will be a 4 or 5 day ticket offer, as well for 2017.

YAY!!!!!!! We were able to book 3 rooms at CBR for early March! We are so thankful for the AFS amazing discounts!

Here is the 2017 ticket information:

Choose between a Disney 4-Day Ticket or a Disney 5-Day Ticket. The Park Hopper Option is included, so you can come and go as you please at all 4 theme parks each day of your ticket!

Purchase now through December 16, 2017 and receive admission for 5 days for just $224 plus tax or 4 days for $209 plus tax, from January 1 through April 8, 2017 and April 24 through December 19, 2017. And if you’re looking for a little extra magic, add the Water Park Fun & More Option for just $37 more plus tax.

Hi, I just tried to convert two room reservations to add the military discount for a split stay December 5-13, 2017 at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary, Tower View room. I was able to add to the GF with no problem, however, I was told only Club Levels were allowed at the Contemporary. Oh well, hopefully it's just because it's the first day, and will try again another day. How is everyone else faring on applying the code? I had a very knowledgable and helpful cast member!

Does anyone know if both DH and I are military can we purchase 6 military tickets each? We want to do 8 days at WDW but we a family of 6 as it is.

Hi, I just tried to convert two room reservations to add the military discount for a split stay December 5-13, 2017 at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary, Tower View room. I was able to add to the GF with no problem, however, I was told only Club Levels were allowed at the Contemporary. Oh well, hopefully it's just because it's the first day, and will try again another day. How is everyone else faring on applying the code? I had a very knowledgable and helpful cast member!
Are you currently booked at The Contemporary at rack rate for part of your stay? If so, you might compare the cost and run the numbers on the Club room with 40% off.
As you said, too, trying another day is a good idea. Your split stay sounds wonderful, especially at holiday time. :goodvibes

I called, got a very nice CM and was able to book Oct 2017. So excited! :flower:

Does anyone know if both DH and I are military can we purchase 6 military tickets each? We want to do 8 days at WDW but we a family of 6 as it is.

I believe you can, as they link the purchase to the military ID. Since you both have AD IDs (as opposed to 1 AD, 1 Dependent), you should be able to each get 6.

Are you currently booked at The Contemporary at rack rate for part of your stay? If so, you might compare the cost and run the numbers on the Club room with 40% off.
As you said, too, trying another day is a good idea. Your split stay sounds wonderful, especially at holiday time. :goodvibes

I called, got a very nice CM and was able to book Oct 2017. So excited! :flower:

Thank you so much! It will be my first time during the holidays. A celebration trip with my mom and sister (husband and 2 kids are happy for me but envious too!) We had the Tower room and were hoping for the discount applied to that rate. The Club level at 40% off is great, however more than what we wanted to spend. We opted for 4 days at GF and 4 at the Yacht Club. I am super happy with that as I love going in to Epcot a lot and heard all the countries decorate for the holidays. Have a great trip in October!!!

So glad it was renewed! Also, the ticket options are fantastic! Now we have to decide between five day hoppers or the five day hoppers with water park options. So relieved. I couldn't even get on disboards because I was so sure the discount was discontinued. I jumped with joy when I got the email from Steve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter