Military rates question

BrittNick

Earning My Ears
Can you take advantage of military discounted tickets and room rates, or just one or the other?

Also, keep in mind that many of the restaurants and shops at Disney Springs offer a military discount! House of Blues is 25%!

Can you take advantage of military discounted tickets and room rates, or just one or the other?
You have to buy the tickets from a military base/outpost like we did. And as posters have pointed out...discounts on both and food as well in many locations.

You have to buy the tickets from a military base/outpost like we did. And as posters have pointed out...discounts on both and food as well in many locations.

No you don't. You can buy the Armed Forces Salute tickets at Disney ticket booths. You can buy the other discounted tickets at Shades of Green.

The caveat to buying the Salute tickets at the ticket window is that, if you do, you pay sales tax.

I bought the salute tickets this year with no problems through Shades of Green, but we rented vacation club points. I wasn't aware I could combine the offer with the resort discounts. Thanks for your answers.

I bought the salute tickets this year with no problems through Shades of Green, but we rented vacation club points. I wasn't aware I could combine the offer with the resort discounts. Thanks for your answers.

Just to clarify you cannot combine the military room discount with the military salute tickets to meld them into a package through Disney, but you of course can use the military room rate discount (add full price dining if you want) and then purchase the military salute tickets (on base, at SOG or at a Disney ticket window), it's not necessarily a Disney vacation package but it's the same components just put together in a different way. The discounts are great so enjoy!

Does the mean we wouldn't get the benefits of extra magic hours/magic bands - package perks, essentially?

Does the mean we wouldn't get the benefits of extra magic hours/magic bands - package perks, essentially?
You will still get magic bands and extra magic hours with a military rate resort reservation. You are also still able to take the Magical Express to/from the airport. :)
Also with the military rate, your deposit (for the room only) needs to be the price of one night stay, and the remaining balance is due upon check in (or you can pay it in full earlier if you want.)

You will still get magic bands and extra magic hours with a military rate resort reservation. You are also still able to take the Magical Express to/from the airport. :)
Also with the military rate, your deposit (for the room only) needs to be the price of one night stay, and the remaining balance is due upon check in (or you can pay it in full earlier if you want.)

Unless you add a dining package to your military room only rate. If you do that, they treat it like a MYW package and its a $200 deposit with the balance due 45 days before arrival.

I've never tried the dining plan, we usually split a lot of snack foods and piece together meals.

I've never tried the dining plan, we usually split a lot of snack foods and piece together meals.

It isn't for everyone. We like it because I don't have to worry about an extra expense after we arrive, and we do a lot of signature restaurants, so we get our money's worth. One single credit character meal can set a family of 4 back $200, if you look at it that way then it makes it worth it.

not to highjack the thread, but can someone give me the rundown (or point me to a thread that does) about military tickets. discounts and options?

I'm not military, but my father is/was, and they may be joining us on our next trip. I don't expect them to dig into researching too much, so I figure i'd take the lead.

• Are discounts on resort only avail at Shades of Green? Any restrictions to SOG—EMH, Magical Express?
• Are there special tickets they need to buy? Hoppers? We are APs and frequently hop, so I would want the ticket options to align.
• Can they buy the tickets early and link to MDE so we can plan FPs and such?
• Dining plan, or are there military discounts on dining that woulds work out better?

anythings else?

Thanks!!

not to highjack the thread, but can someone give me the rundown (or point me to a thread that does) about military tickets. discounts and options?

I'm not military, but my father is/was, and they may be joining us on our next trip. I don't expect them to dig into researching too much, so I figure i'd take the lead.

• Are discounts on resort only avail at Shades of Green? Any restrictions to SOG—EMH, Magical Express?
• Are there special tickets they need to buy? Hoppers? We are APs and frequently hop, so I would want the ticket options to align.
• Dining plan, or are there military discounts on dining that woulds work out better?

anythings else?

Thanks!!

These might help.

http://www.military.com/discounts/disney-discounts-for-military-families.html

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...ght-military-discounted-disney-ticket-for-me/

anythings else?

Thanks!!

Is your Dad retired military--he has a full retirement with benefits? The discounts are only available to active duty and retired.

• Are discounts on resort only avail at Shades of Green? Any restrictions to SOG—EMH, Magical Express? There are discounts for the Disney owned resorts. You must call to book them, not available to book online. They are limited in number, so even if there are rooms available at a specific resort, they might not be available at the military discount rate. If you stay at a Disney resort at a military rate, you fully eligible for EMH and Magical express just like you would be if staying at rack rate.
Shades of Green is a DOD owned hotel, not Disney. It is on Disney property within walking distance (about 5 minute walk) of the Polynesian. Guests at SOG ARE eligble for EMH, but are NOT eligible for Magical Express.

Yes, there are special tickets to buy. You can buy them at the ticket counter at the parks, or you can buy them in advance at a base ITT office. SOG also has a ticket office where they are available. Buying them at ITT or SOG will save you sales tax, as the ticket counter at the parks will need to charge you tax.

Yes

You can add dining plan if you want. Disney does not offer military discounts on dining. Some of the Disney Springs restaurants do offer a military discount.

You'll get all the benefits that come with a Disney room only resort stay, no worries! If you add the dining plan I don't know that it adds any extra "package" perks.. maybe someone else would know.

As far as the dining plan goes, you can add it full price, but you'd really have to do the math to see if it works out well for your family or not. My family usually skips the dining plan and just pays outr meals OOP (or we put money on a Disney giftcard and use that money for meals). We often share a meals between two family members especially for lunch when we normally eat pretty light, so the dining plan is often more food than I need/want, but for many families it works out perfectly so it is nice that the option is there if you want to add it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter