Military Armed Forces Salute tickets

tucker43

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We will be going to DW in October and qualify for the Salute tickets however we do not have a base near us and we really wanted to avoid having to go to Shades of Green to purchase our tickets. I thought I read somewhere where you no longer have to do that but I can' seen to find it again. Is there anyone with experience of purchasing your tickets and having them mailed to you? How do you prove your military?
Thank you in advance.

I don't know the right answer but I can give you ideas to try. I work on a Army Command Base, and we have travel agents, maybe call one near you or the one you would go to for your Common Access ID (CAC) see if they have a travel agent and email them. they give quotes over email and may mail you the tickets. other option is SatoVacations.com, I just checked and they do have Disney tickets on there and they look like they are cheaper than Disney tickets from their packages (I checked my price against it). We've never bought the Salute Tickets because we've always gone with onsite and package deals. plus it seems more complicated.

Your other option to to just buy them at WDW. You do pay tax, but they are still a great discount.

We ordered from camp Pendleton. We are nowhere near there. They mailed them to us and when we went to wdw we activated them at guest relations. That is when you prove you are military. Worked very well for us. Having them mailed ahead of time also allows you to link the tix in MDE long before the trip.

We ordered from camp Pendleton. We are nowhere near there. They mailed them to us and when we went to wdw we activated them at guest relations. That is when you prove you are military. Worked very well for us. Having them mailed ahead of time also allows you to link the tix in MDE long before the trip.
Exactly! We have used the salute tickets the last few trips and purchased them from our local base, but know you can order them from there as well. Then you can make your fp+ picks ahead of time too. If you're staying on property check into the room only discount too. When you go to link the military vouchers they send you to your MDE account, remember to write on each one which family member you assign each to. It will make it easier on the CM when you go to activate them once you arrive at WDW. There are locations outside of each park and one right next to Disney Quest at DS. They just ask for your military id and info for each person in your party, type in in, and you're ready to go!

I could be wrong, but I do recall reading somewhere that SOG will now FedEx actual tickets for an additional charge, but I'm not sure if you actually have to be staying at SOG or not. I would definitely call SOG attraction ticket office to find out. They rarely answer the phone, but if you leave them a voice mail someone will return your call.

I could be wrong, but I do recall reading somewhere that SOG will now FedEx actual tickets for an additional charge, but I'm not sure if you actually have to be staying at SOG or not. I would definitely call SOG attraction ticket office to find out. They rarely answer the phone, but if you leave them a voice mail someone will return your call.
Thank you all for the responses. We did find that you can order them from Shades of Green and they will FedEx them to you for 10.00. that will make it so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter