• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Might have to go in July now...

VWCat

Mouseketeer
can't seem to find any rooms at the dlh for june 16-23..or anything close to those dates,went thru disneyland.com and expedia... hmmm
is it crazy busy nasty hot in July? or is it similar to June?

yea I know how you felt, I had to settle for the 7-11 of June. Everything else was booked.. July tends to be a bit hotter then June, crowd wise I'm not 100% sure.

yeah we are going for 6 days and I didn't want to do the week before as I thought it would be crazy for the submarine opening. I looked at hydroguys info and it is only a bit more in temp in July and the crowds seem comparable. I just don't want to keep putting it off later and later:sad1: Oh well. I really had no idea everything would be all booked this early...crazy

Our early June crowds have always been way less than July! It seems to build progressively from when school gets out till August, then it starts to progressively go back down, atleast in my experience!!

Do you have to stay at the DLH or do you have other options!!

BTW, WELCOME to the DL boards!!

Andrea

I found Paradise Pier for your entire June stay from 16-23. Let me look for some more!

Andrea

I had the same problem when I booked our trip that we just returned from. Disney.com did not have the room, but disney direct did. Costco, AAA and expedia did not have any rooms but Alaska Airlines did :)

Call around and see if there are openings in another agents holdings. I was told that Disney has two different ways to book. Directly with the hotel and then with their travel service. Each one has different rooms that they can use.

We were able to stay at DLH for the time we wanted and pay kids price for tickets and the kids fly free! It was awsome

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah we really wanted to stay at the dlh. Thanks tho Andrea:) It's our first trip in 8 years! Um I wonder if there will be fantasmic in early June and if it might be crazy for soft openings and opening of nemo? Do you think we would be better off going mid June or early July? I could try my travel agent,haven't yet,thanks. Thanks guys:banana:

Well we are going early June because most schools aren't out yet! Plus soft openings is the best time to hit the ride, before it goes public and everyone knows it's open!!

Fantasmic looks like it will be back up as of the end of May!!

Andrea

good stuff! looks like we will be sticking to the original plan then:woohoo: just not thru disney,and I better get my butt moving on it!

Yeah we really wanted to stay at the dlh. Thanks tho Andrea:) It's our first trip in 8 years! Um I wonder if there will be fantasmic in early June and if it might be crazy for soft openings and opening of nemo? Do you think we would be better off going mid June or early July? I could try my travel agent,haven't yet,thanks. Thanks guys:banana:
The MousePlanet park update www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070312xx#Rehabs used to say Fantasmic is coming back on June 1, and now just says June. I saw somewhere this weekend on a Disney site that it was now scheduled for June 16. Albort had some info along these lines as well.

thanks guys..I went to a travel agent today and no dlh on june 16-23:sad1:
and on that link hydroguy it says nemo now might be july?? any info on that? if that is that case I might as well wait or go early june
darn it,never knew this was gonna be this hard....and then all this passport stuff might keep be from coming in june...
I will await further instructions from the all knowing dis ers:flower3:

hmmm getawaytoday.com still has rooms...
anyone have any problems with this site at all? never used it before so i'm a bit paranoid...so then I would have to add air still...decisions decisions..

Okay, does everyone think june 16-23 is a better time to be in the park than july 7-14?

hmmm getawaytoday.com still has rooms...
anyone have any problems with this site at all? never used it before so i'm a bit paranoid...so then I would have to add air still...decisions decisions..

Okay, does everyone think june 16-23 is a better time to be in the park than july 7-14?

No experience with getaway but plenty regarding the dates. 16-23 is a much better choice - not all schools are out by then. I've been during just about evry week during summer and found early to mid June the least crowded. In other words, what MATTERHORN stated, the earlier the better.

I posted with this same problem last week (I am a newbie) I would go on disneyland.com and they would have no rooms for the disneyland hotels for the dates we needed but when I called the hotel myself they said they had plenty of rooms available, not sure what is going on....getawaytoday.com seems to have open dates, give them a try or call the actual hotel and book your reservations that way! :)

ahh okay,thanks bubblygrl:banana: lots of options to discuss with the man tonight!!! Things are looking up:woohoo:

I have used Getawaytoday.com for two of our disnyeland vacations. We always had good results with them and great customer service.

nice,sounds promising:)
is there a deposit? or do you have to pay it all outright? We are still saving...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter