Midship Dectective

lbatesetc

Mouseketeer
Do they still have Midship Detective on the Dream? We sailed the Dream 3 years ago, and had so much fun playing it.

Yes- we were just on the Dream last week. The stories were about the Muppets' props being lost and The Case of the Missing Puppies. Kids, teens, and adults were enjoying the Midship Detective game.

Is it the same cases as the Fantasy has? We've done the Fantasy a few times and was hoping they would be slightly different on the Dream

They have the same cases to solve. Yet, each time you do them they can be a different suspect.

I wish this was also offered on the Magic and Wonder, my girls had so much fun playing with this on the Fantasy!

How do you do this!?

There is a place next to the atrium on Deck 5 where you pick up the cards and pencils and watch the directions on a video console. It is here that you choose between the Mickey cases version or the Muppets (but I think the Muppets version is only on the Fantasy). You then go around the ship, sometimes to a specific place, sometimes just to whichever magic portrait you want. These are portraits that occasionally show an animated clip pertaining to the picture there. Once you stand on the right spot and hold up your card, the photo "transforms" into a part of the game. You simply follow the instructions and write down your clues as you get them. Eventually, you will end up at the last photo for that particular game and solve the mystery.

Here's a video of some people playing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!