Middle of the night border crossing

LoveMMC

Mouseketeer
we have to cross at 3am into Buffalo. Decided not to spend the night in Buffalo because it is much easier to get baby to sleep in his own bed. At 3am I'm trying to figure out what lines will be like. I figure one lane will be open, but may have a few in front of us. Anyone crossed in the middle of the night before? Flight is at 8am fro Buffalo.

I haven't crossed at 3 am bur last September we crossed around 10 or 11pm and we drove right up :)

There won't be any traffic at any of the bridges. We have crossed at Fort Erie a few times between 3:30 and 5am....you might be behind 1 or 2 cars tops.

If your flight is at 8am you don't need to be at the boarder at 3am. From the Fort Erie crossing you are only approx 15 minutes to BUF. Even from the other crossings you are only 20-30 min. away from BUF.

We crossed at 12:30 am at Alexandria Bay this past May, and aside from one other car, it was completely deserted.

Yes 3am seems insanely early. You would get to the airport at like 3:15. I would aim for a 5:30 crossing (will still be deserted) and get you to the airport at 6am with room to spare.

We just crossed Friday at 3:30am at the Rainbow Bridge and there was nobody but us in sight.

We've had bad luck crossing back into Canada at 2am. Only one lane was open and there was tons of traffic. It took us two hours in line. It was the Saturday or Sunday of labour day weekend though. Maybe that added to the traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter