Mid-March Too Cold For Water Parks?

geminierin

DVC Member, calling the Poly "Home"!
Looking at fitting in a last minute Spring Break trip. Since we already have an extended trip planned in Oct, we're looking to do a (main 4) parks-free trip. We've never had the time to do the water parks and would like to build our visit around them. Visited WDW in March 2009, seem to recall it was breezy and cool (thought fairly dry and sunny), and I needed pants and a sweatshirt at dusk. Weather says average high of 75...anyone think mid-March might be too chilly for two adults and a 6 yr old out of Houston? What's been your experience?

Honestly, this is a how long is a piece of string sort of question.

I usually go in early December or January and when we do laundry at the resort we usually swim while waiting... at night...

For my partner and I that's fine as we're from the UK and a temp in the 60's is perfectly fine.

For my friends who live in Florida who joined us once it's like taking a dip in the arctic!

Saying that though, if you are from Texas then I'd think it'd be too cold for you. But that's totally subjective...

Last edited:
I think it'll be a roll of the dice to some degree. There are a few variables to consider:

1) From what I can see online, the average temp is around 65 with a high of 79 and lows in the 50s.
2) Personal preference. If you target the warmer part of the day, is 70s warm enough for you?
3) When is your spring break? If it's earlier in the month or later in the month it might make a slight difference temp wise.
4) Weather. If it's sunny, you're going to feel warmer while in it. If it's overcast or rainy, then even 70 something can start to feel cold quick.

I think it's worth giving it a shot as long as you're ok with being wet in cooler weather, but I would suggest you have some backup plans too just in case the weather doesn't play nice.

I have been to water parks on January, Feb. and May trips. All depends on the weather. I have also worn fleece coats, hats and gloves on the same trips I have been to TL and BB. Weather is very changeable. Depends on your tolerance. Us folks from up north are not afraid of swimming in the low 70's haha. :beach:

Florida weather in march can be erratic at best. We could be in the 40's or the 80's on any given day. Many times it is beautiful. I would plan for a water park day, but have a backup plan if the weather doesnt allow for it.

We have a trip planned for end of March and are buying the water park and more option. We love the water parks. We are from the north so unless it is unusually freezing I feel confident that swimming won't be a problem. Totally dependent on your tolerance and a roll of the dice with the weather!

Thanks everyone! Here's my takeaway: have a backup plan. We'll be there for 5 nights so we'll wait to see the warmest days on the forecast and build our resort days and DS days around that. Sounds so common sense but sometimes I can't see the forest for all the trees!:)

Hello from South Texas! I have been 4 times during spring break and 3 of those 4 Our water park day was warm and sunny and perfect for a water park. One year (2010) it was chilly. The water was heated (or at least felt warmer than outdoors if it isn't heated) but to me walking from one place to another wet was too cold (for me). I ended up in my shorts, a hoodie, covered with my towel napping in a lounge chair (which is now my go to chosen activity on water park day).

Personally, I would plan to do one, but wait until you were there and got up that day to decide the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter