Mickey/ Princess Meet and Greet Fastpass?

aimeeg

DIS Veteran
My girls are going to want to see both the Princesses and Mickey. How does the new meet and greet area work? Are there two separate FP for the different areas? For example should we wait for the Princesses and FP Mickey or vice versa?

They are two separate areas. Our plan will be to get one for one of them, return during that time, and then get a FP for the other one.

Be warned: a lot of posters report back that this is the one FP that they stick to the time on so be sure you are prompt.

Be warned: a lot of posters report back that this is the one FP that they stick to the time on so be sure you are prompt.

Sorry, but that info was reported early (discussed heavily) and, once the FP machines opened, proved to be completely false.

Edit: The more interesting thing about these FP's is that, in many cases, they are not needed.

The lines for the meet and greets have not been very long.

We just returned Thursday. For the Princess line, we just walked right in, even though the wait time posted said 20 mins. The line for Mickey was longer, but we didn't go in that line because we met him at the Character Spot in Epcot. We loved the Princesses and met Princess Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella. Belle gave my son a kiss. So sweet! Have fun!!

While Disney Princesses FASTPASSES are "linked" to the FASTPASS system,Magician Mickey FASTPASSES are NOT "linked",so Mickey FASTPASSES won't affect when you can get another FASTPASS.:)

They are two separate areas. Our plan will be to get one for one of them, return during that time, and then get a FP for the other one.

In the car on the way back from our week long trip to WDW! :sad1:

We fastpassed the princesses first thing Thursday morning and didn't return until late afternoon. No one said a thing.:flower3:

While Disney Princesses FASTPASSES are "linked" to the FASTPASS system,Magician Mickey FASTPASSES are NOT "linked",so Mickey FASTPASSES won't affect when you can get another FASTPASS.:)

Huh. When we met them at the Exposition Hall at the beginning of May, I could have sworn that the Mickey FP's had the typical 2 hour wait time on them. :confused3

Huh. When we met them at the Exposition Hall at the beginning of May, I could have sworn that the Mickey FP's had the typical 2 hour wait time on them. :confused3
The fastpass machines could be semi-linked, that is, if your Mickey fastpass was your second FP altogether, then the time for next FP shown on the bottom would be the same as the time for next FP shown at the bottom of your first FP if said time hadn't come yet. In that scenario you could at least get the Mickey FP as your second FP just a few minutes* after you got your first FP, despite the later time at the bottom of the first FP.

* Someone on a thread a few months ago suggested one hour max.

We were just there yesterday, really didn't need FP for either, but the cast member did say that the Mickey greet is not linked, and that we could get another FP immediately.

We were there in May and were able to walk right on both the princess and mickey lines. Sometimes we got a fp and took a ride on the train and by the time we got back it was time for our fp.

It is so crazy that the princess line is so short. I don't get it. We got often and I have waiting in line to see than for usually 30-60 plus min. Very ever just walked right up....crazy

Well, the princesses and Mickey Mouse are both MAGICAL, of course. Mickey is a magician after all. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them had a little pixie dust they use to speed along the lines all day ;)

Edit to say that this is good news.

I'll try to find the thread from months ago when I made the contention that there would be
no NEED for the Character FP's to delay you getting an attraction FP at the same time.

There was quite a bit of discussion about it, with many here thinking that there SHOULD be a waiting
period. (I still don't know why it would matter.)
But, when they did begin giving out the Mickey FP's, they did require the waiting period to get another attraction FP.

I don't know when they decided to drop that wait, but it makes sense to me.
Always did.

I'll look for the link to that earlier thread on my other computer's files when I can get to it.

We were just there yesterday, really didn't need FP for either, but the cast member did say that the Mickey greet is not linked, and that we could get another FP immediately.

Yes,the information the Cast Member gave you is absolutely correct.:thumbsup2

Below is an example from my recent Holiday.( I have redacted my Annual Passholder information)

(By the way,I thought Town Square Theater was really well themed-kudos Imagineers!:))

003-8.jpg

Yes,the information the Cast Member gave you is absolutely correct.:thumbsup2

Below is an example from my recent Holiday.( I have redacted my Annual Passholder information)

(By the way,I thought Town Square Theater was really well themed-kudos Imagineers!:))

003-8.jpg

Good to know you only had to wait 3 minutes to get another FP. Wonder if they will eventually set up the Princesses that way.

Glad the lines are short too. Hope they stay that way.:banana:

We were just there. I didn't even see the fastpass machines tucked away in the corner.. We were there at rope drop and went to see the princesses with minimal wait..

The next trip we went to see Mickey right away and while standing in line for Snow White I saw the machines in the far corner.. The CM&I jokes about the "big" sign they have. After I was done getting them he told me to grab some Mickey ones as well but I explained we just came from there.

It also downpoured that day so we missed out Princess time.. we were able to go back a few hours late and were let in.

I liked the new system with FP for meet n greet. Now only if Rapunzel had it...

Good to know you only had to wait 3 minutes to get another FP. Wonder if they will eventually set up the Princesses that way.

Glad the lines are short too. Hope they stay that way.:banana:

Since the FASTPASS "clock" is a "five minute clock" and not a "one minute clock",it had to "post" 11:40 instead of 11:37.:)

It doesn't "appear" Disney Princesses FASTPASSES will be "unlinked",but only time will tell.:)

My experience also was short lines in TST(especially when I went at 2:00 AM!!!! during EEMH!!!!:)

Since the FASTPASS "clock" is a "five minute clock" and not a "one minute clock",it had to "post" 11:40 instead of 11:37.:)

It doesn't "appear" Disney Princesses FASTPASSES will be "unlinked",but only time will tell.:)

My experience also was short lines in TST(especially when I went at 2:00 AM!!!! during EEMH!!!!:)

This may be semantics, but that indicates to me that the Mickey fastpass is INDEED "linked". To prove that between 11:37 and 11:39, I would bet you would not be able to retrieve another FP.

It just appears that WDW is not enforcing a longer hold over time until you can retrieve the next one. Which is not to say that they can not turn it on (or extend the window between FP's) at any given notice.

We were just there. I didn't even see the fastpass machines tucked away in the corner.. We were there at rope drop and went to see the princesses with minimal wait..

The next trip we went to see Mickey right away and while standing in line for Snow White I saw the machines in the far corner.. The CM&I jokes about the "big" sign they have. After I was done getting them he told me to grab some Mickey ones as well but I explained we just came from there.

It also downpoured that day so we missed out Princess time.. we were able to go back a few hours late and were let in.

I liked the new system with FP for meet n greet. Now only if Rapunzel had it...

I agree about Rapunzel!:)

Hopefully,the Character FASTPASS program will be expanded(and hopefully they will be like Magician Mickey and not be "linked").:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter