Mickey Mouse.....

plutojudy

When you wish upon a star.....
Who was Mickey named after? After all these years I don't know who Mickey was named after. I know he had other names but where did the name Mickey come from?

I'm going to bounce you over to the Community Board and see if someone there can give you an answer! :)

The Birth of Mickey
As legend has it, in the spring of 1928 Walt Disney and his wife LIllian were returning to Los Angeles from New York by train after a thoroughly dispiriting meeting with Disney's distributor. Not only had the distributor appropriated most of Disney's staff, but his quite successful, main animated character , Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, as well. Determined to continue independently and inspired by the whistle of the train (which to Disney sounded like maowww-a-mouse), Disney arrived at the idea for a new character--"Mortimer Mouse." Named after a pet mouse Disney had adopted while working in Kansas City on Laugh-O-Grams, Lillian found the moniker substandard, and suggested the snappier name of "Mickey." As soon as the Disneys arrived in Los Angeles, the full development of Mickey's character began.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter