• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merrytime Cruise- New Activities

There was no formal dancing at all. Holiday music with no organized dancing at all, just everyone being "festive" :santa:

Thanks! Well, festive is still good. :) We're definitely planning it for out next-after-next-one cruise. :)

Are there pictures with Santa at the ball? I was hoping to coordinate some outfits if so.

Thanks to all the previous posters for your information!!! Leaving on Sunday!!!!

I just came back from the 12/29/14 Dream New Year's Cruise. This was advertised as the last Merrytime cruise, so I was for sure I would see some of these fun Christmas activities. Nothing. The tree and gingerbread house was there. We did have fireworks and a New Year's party on Deck 11. But I was so disappointed since this was advertised as a Merrytime cruise. Honestly, it felt more like a regular cruise to me.

I just came back from the 12/29/14 Dream New Year's Cruise. This was advertised as the last Merrytime cruise, so I was for sure I would see some of these fun Christmas activities. Nothing. The tree and gingerbread house was there. We did have fireworks and a New Year's party on Deck 11. But I was so disappointed since this was advertised as a Merrytime cruise. Honestly, it felt more like a regular cruise to me.

Were the fireworks only on New Years Eve? Or did they also have them on Pirate night?

We didn't have the pirate night show at 10pm. Martime rules only allow one fireworks load per trip. So they saved them for New Year's Eve. There was a pirate dance party on the 3rd floor atrium. The servers were passing around cookies and chocolates.

We're any of the characters dressed in holiday costumes? Were there any special holiday photo opportunities with Shutters?

We're any of the characters dressed in holiday costumes? Were there any special holiday photo opportunities with Shutters?

None of the characters were dressed in holiday costumes. The only special Christmas photo opportunity we had was with the Christmas tree. It was a huge let down. The parks still has the Christmas characters, parades and shows through the new year. A cast member told me they had to send the holiday costumes back immediately, especially since they stop at Port Canaveral more often than the other boats.

ChipandDale16, I was on the same cruise. Although my family and I loved the cruise itself, I have to agree with you that there was very little in the way of Christmas celebrations. I thought that some of the characters would be dressed in Christmas costumes at Castaway Cay and I also was expecting to see it "snow" on Castaway Cay, but nothing to that effect.
That being said, we loved the cruise and are thinking of doing another NYE cruise next year, although maybe not Disney.

Karen :)

ChipandDale16, I was on the same cruise. Although my family and I loved the cruise itself, I have to agree with you that there was very little in the way of Christmas celebrations. I thought that some of the characters would be dressed in Christmas costumes at Castaway Cay and I also was expecting to see it "snow" on Castaway Cay, but nothing to that effect.
That being said, we loved the cruise and are thinking of doing another NYE cruise next year, although maybe not Disney.

Karen :)

Hi Karen! I agree it was still really fun celebrating the new year on a Disney cruise. We met Ariel on New Year's Eve and my brother told her this was the first year he wasn't spending it in front of the tv lol :rotfl:

It was also fun seeing the Japanese tour group on the ship. They have the coolest Disney merchandise. There was a stateroom door with pictures of Mickey and the gang wearing kimonos. Cabanas was serving miso soup for breakfast lol.

My only disappointment for New Year's Eve was it was listed as a "casual day" I have been told it would be semi formal. Although some people do dress up. Once my family saw that it was casual they refused as they did not wish to be overdressed for the night.

Did anyone cruise on the Fantasy over Christmas day? We are booked on this sailing 2015 so I would love to hear some stories and reports on this Christmas cruising

I am a sucker for these kind of things and am REALLY :goodvibes hoping for these activities to be on out Nov. 7th 2015 Fantasy cruise. We were on the Fantasy in 2012 the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I loved seeing all the Characters in Christmas costumes and the gingerbread house . . .I just loved it all!

If anybody was on the Fantasy during this week in 2014 that can tell me if they had the Merrytime activities I would love it!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter