Menus are changing!

I called the Poly podium yesterday and was told the breakfast menu has been changed but the lunch/dinner menus will be implemented as the week goes on, probably by May 11th. I guess they need to get rid of the old food.

As to pork belly, please get rid of that also. I turn down numerous dishes because of the pork belly. I don't need to pay for and eat a glob of fat.

Time to check the menus again...so far SciFi is the only one effected by changes for our ADR's.

I called the Poly podium yesterday and was told the breakfast menu has been changed but the lunch/dinner menus will be implemented as the week goes on, probably by May 11th. I guess they need to get rid of the old food.

As to pork belly, please get rid of that also. I turn down numerous dishes because of the pork belly. I don't need to pay for and eat a glob of fat.
If what you are getting is a glob of fat, then it hasn't been done right. That's not what pork belly is supposed to be, and in my experience, not what the pork belly at the Poly is at all. It was delicious.

I don't understand the theory that the menu changes tie in with when Free Dining comes in. You must remember that while Free Dining is limited in the states, over seas it's offered a lot more freely. For example in UK as long as you book by Autumnish (I can't remember the exact date) you can book your package with Free Dining for anytime in 2018. So there are people using free dining all year round.

It's called conspiracy theories. Some people with zero actual facts like grouping arbitrary things together. It makes them feel like they've figured out what "the man" is doing to them. In this case it's the evil Disney cash grabbers baiting and switching unsuspected visitors, milking them of more of their hard earned dollars. Only the select few have the wherewithal to see through their dastardly plans.

Most people realize correlation is not causation. Menus changed, some will like it, others won't. It's not about free dining, or cheapening out, it's just changing things up a bit.

When has Disney ever changed ANYTHING that someone didn't complain?

Was wondering why I was getting the Stitch the other evening while planning my ADRs for my November trip!

I'm definitely on board the "change is good" train; that being said, I reviewed the menus for all my ADRs for June since I'm taking some picky-eater family members to restaurants that I love. I think they all still look great. The only real "meh" moment for me was California Grill. I love the rotating seasonal risotto accompaniment to the filet (I do think I've had a vegetable instead just once), and this new side is a potato. Still sounds great, I just love risotto. All good though, Le Cellier still has their version!

Does anyone know what restaurants have changed menus?
So far I've noticed, Sci Fi, Kona and Captain's Grille. Are there more?

I noticed that CRT brought back options for appetizers and got rid of the Bruno's Favorite Dessert (which was horrible). There is a new dessert on the menu.

Was wondering why I was getting the Stitch the other evening while planning my ADRs for my November trip!

I'm definitely on board the "change is good" train; that being said, I reviewed the menus for all my ADRs for June since I'm taking some picky-eater family members to restaurants that I love. I think they all still look great. The only real "meh" moment for me was California Grill. I love the rotating seasonal risotto accompaniment to the filet (I do think I've had a vegetable instead just once), and this new side is a potato. Still sounds great, I just love risotto. All good though, Le Cellier still has their version!
The risotto has been gone since December. i was disappointed too (it disappeared like the day before I went there) but duck fat potatoes rule. By the time you go it may be different anyway!

Customer satisfaction??? Nah.
Under current management it's all about the cash grab! If they can save 5cents they will.

While we can't know exactly why they changed the menus, my experience is things at Disney are driven by two main things:
1) Magical experience - Disney is the best at this
2) Making money

If they didn't change it for #1, chances are HIGH (although not guaranteed) it was #2

Just a thought...
Another factor that may have come into play for this...(both #1 & #2 affect this or are affected by this) --- If menu items are so popular that restaurant is flooded and another gets hardly any folks, then changing the menu at both would potentially result in both restaurants being more evenly balanced which helps with #1 and increases #2.

The risotto has been gone since December. i was disappointed too (it disappeared like the day before I went there) but duck fat potatoes rule. By the time you go it may be different anyway!

LOL very true! But good to know about the potatoes, maybe I will get to try them next month :scratchin

I imagine menus are always changed and fine-tuned for multiple simultaneous reasons. It keeps things fresh and new, which people do like, money can be saved by getting rid of unpopular items that might require them to stock and then waste special ingredients, and then just with the way there are so many review sites now, it keeps everybody guessing.
What the heck -- I'll keep eating!

:dogdance:

Several years ago while dining at Kona Cafe, we lamented to the server that one of our favorite dishes, the coconut-hazelnut (or was it macadamia?) crusted chicken with strawberry salad was no longer on the menu. She told us that they had a new chef, and when head chefs change, they are allowed to change the presentation of certain dishes so that they are cooking "their" rendition of food. She said while a chicken breast dish had to remain on the menu, the chef had the liberty of changing how it was prepared. (and he had, and we didn't care for it AT ALL!) I'm not saying that's what's happening now, but it's something to consider.

While we can't know exactly why they changed the menus, my experience is things at Disney are driven by two main things:
1) Magical experience - Disney is the best at this
2) Making money

If they didn't change it for #1, chances are HIGH (although not guaranteed) it was #2

Just a thought...
Another factor that may have come into play for this...(both #1 & #2 affect this or are affected by this) --- If menu items are so popular that restaurant is flooded and another gets hardly any folks, then changing the menu at both would potentially result in both restaurants being more evenly balanced which helps with #1 and increases #2.

Or ingredient costs may have increased dramatically for some items. there are so many factors in creating a menu, it's impossible to say what the reasons are. Some just want simple answers to complex situations.

Or ingredient costs may have increased dramatically for some items.

Exactly - see #2.

See the beginning of the post as well -- I stated "While we can't know exactly why they changed the menus"

I'm not trying to bash Disney...simply stating an observation as to the likely cause. Disney is a business and they're REALLY good at making money. They're REALLY good at creating a magical experience, which in turn causes most people to give them more money for that experience.

It may NOT be making money that drove the changes, but it's a high PROBABILITY.

Exactly - see #2.
It may NOT be making money that drove the changes, but it's a high PROBABILITY.
We really have no idea. Is it a possibility? Of course. But to assume anything more is just conjecture. There's no factual evidence of them cheaping out on anything, it's just a change. To say it's a high probability is based on your pre-supposition, not what we know at this time.

We really have no idea. Is it a possibility? Of course. But to assume anything more is just conjecture. There's no factual evidence of them cheaping out on anything, it's just a change. To say it's a high probability is based on your pre-supposition, not what we know at this time.
You stated perhaps ingredient costs increased dramatically = what?? A money issue?? Yet you want to argue with anyone else suggesting it might be/probably is/high probability of about money. It's kinda amazing...regardless of whether someone indicates low probability or medium probability or high probability, you're ready to debate. I did not assume anything...I made a statement based on past observations and supported with the fact that Disney is in business to make money. Pre-supposition, maybe I'll agree with you there...if a mouse (or the mouse) has eaten the cheese 99 times before and the cheese is missing the 100th time, then yep, I'm pre-supposing the mouse ate it again. Guilty.

I'm stating my opinion. Is it fact? No. Never claimed it was. Is it conjecture? Yep. --- Kinda the definition of a theory/opinion!!
There is no factual evidence it was NOT them cheaping out either. Seems to indicate either the theory for or against money might be valid.
I have a right to my opinion, which I stated.
So, what exactly are you arguing about so much?
That my opinion might be wrong? - granted. I never said it was absolutely true, but rather my opinion was it was a high probability.
That my opinion might be right? Oh the horror of admitting someone else might be right.

Another opinion...it seems you like to debate/argue and quite honestly, this is not worth arguing over, so I'll reply no further.

You stated perhaps ingredient costs increased dramatically = what?? A money issue?? Yet you want to argue with anyone else suggesting it might be/probably is/high probability of about money. It's kinda amazing...regardless of whether someone indicates low probability or medium probability or high probability, you're ready to debate. I did not assume anything...I made a statement based on past observations and supported with the fact that Disney is in business to make money. Pre-supposition, maybe I'll agree with you there...if a mouse (or the mouse) has eaten the cheese 99 times before and the cheese is missing the 100th time, then yep, I'm pre-supposing the mouse ate it again. Guilty.

I'm stating my opinion. Is it fact? No. Never claimed it was. Is it conjecture? Yep. --- Kinda the definition of a theory/opinion!!
There is no factual evidence it was NOT them cheaping out either. Seems to indicate either the theory for or against money might be valid.
I have a right to my opinion, which I stated.
So, what exactly are you arguing about so much?
That my opinion might be wrong? - granted. I never said it was absolutely true, but rather my opinion was it was a high probability.
That my opinion might be right? Oh the horror of admitting someone else might be right.

Another opinion...it seems you like to debate/argue and quite honestly, this is not worth arguing over, so I'll reply no further.

I have no issues with others having opinions, nor do I "like to argue". What I have issue with is someone claiming their opinion is a "high probability" without any facts behind them. It's over-simplifying something that has an extremely large number of factors, very few if any guests would actually be aware of.

Once someone has a pre-supposition that Disney is cheaping out at every step, you can easily have confirmation bias to support your theory.

Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter