Memory Makers and a Proposal! Shhh....

stanze5

Mouseketeer
My son will be proposing to his gf on our trip to WDW. His plan is to do it at the AK (they are both animal lovers) on our last morning there. How can I make Memory Makers aware of this in order to "capture the moment" and will they be subtle about it? :love2: Our entire family will be there, but I don't want to miss the moment trying to take photos myself!

My son will be proposing to his gf on our trip to WDW. His plan is to do it at the AK (they are both animal lovers) on our last morning there. How can I make Memory Makers aware of this in order to "capture the moment" and will they be subtle about it? :love2: Our entire family will be there, but I don't want to miss the moment trying to take photos myself!

Ask your son where he wants to do it exactly and what his plan is. Tell him you will be making a "bathroom" break right before and go find a Photopass photographer and tell them what is up.

You could aslo call and talk to someone before hand and try to set up a time and place. I'm not sure who to call though.

You could aslo call and talk to someone before hand and try to set up a time and place. I'm not sure who to call though.
That would require booking with Disney Fine Art Photography. They are very expensive.

That would require booking with Disney Fine Art Photography. They are very expensive.

I've heard of people who don't book through fine art. They just spoke with someone about making a special memory and the photopass managers set it up to happen. Like I said though I have no clue who they set it up through.

I was hoping there was a way to tip off the photopass photographers in the area.

I'm not sure where he was planning on proposing, but there are always Photopass photographers right in front of the Tree of Life. Maybe "wander" there and tip off the photographer? The location makes for beautiful photographs!

Yes, he is actually thinking in front of the Tree Of Life. He has been trying to figure out where a discreet spot would be-but still have the tree in the background.

What's his proposal premise? Couldn't you go to the Tree of Life under the premise of getting some family shots? Then you have a photographer ready with a cover story.

He could say "Let's get a picture," hand her stuff to set by the photographer's feet, and when she turns around he could be on his knee. The photographer could be right there, no special arranging necessary.

Another thought, if it were me, I'd probably do it the first day we were there. That way she would be ecstatic the entire trip and the whole trip would be extra memorable. You could get some have some "Just Engaged" Disney buttons made and wear them the entire trip.

100% agree with this. Do it at the beginning so they can enjoy the whole trip, get the Mickey ears all that. It will also cut the nerves for your son.

I did this last year in Magic Kingdom. It was by the rose garden. There was a photographer there, and I just whispered to him that I had a ring and he got it. I also had a video camera I put on the railing. She had no idea though and was very surprised when I pooped the question. It was only the 2 of us. If he plans to do it where there are no photographers maybe one of you can get one and say you want a family picture, and tell the photographer what is about to happen. Congrats to him!

I did this last year in Magic Kingdom. It was by the rose garden. There was a photographer there, and I just whispered to him that I had a ring and he got it. I also had a video camera I put on the railing. She had no idea though and was very surprised when I pooped the question. It was only the 2 of us. If he plans to do it where there are no photographers maybe one of you can get one and say you want a family picture, and tell the photographer what is about to happen. Congrats to him!

I would have been surprised too!!! LOL

I did the same thing and he caught this

Last edited:
These are all helpful ideas! Thank you! He thought about doing it the first day, but she is a a social media lover and he's afraid she will be preoccupied the rest of the trip posting! :rotfl2:

I agree to do it earlier in the trip also. It just seems like waiting until the last day is wasting perfectly good celebration time. They would be on cloud 9 the entire trip but however and whenever your son chooses to do it, I'm sure it will be magical.

I proposed in may in front of Mickey. Just as soon as we got to the park on arrival day. I did have our trip marked as an engagement celebration. When we got m off me the cm that greater us looked at her finger real quick and just got her first visit pin. When we went in I handed a note to the handler. Then make sure you ask for your button many of the photographers after that took extra pics and some even remembered us

not too bad actually. We paid $150 for a 20 minute session at Beach Club in May 2014. It included a memory stick with every photo on it and a photo release. We got 113 photos, and it actually took over an hour (I think the 20 minutes was "shooting" time, not the time included to walk from location to location)

I didn't think it was that expensive for what we got!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter