• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory maker worth it for one day?

MomOfWesAndNorah

Mouseketeer
We (me, husband, 2 kids, sister and BIL) are headed to Magic Kingdom on March 12 when we are in Florida for mostly a beach vacation. Last time we visited WDW, we were there 5 days and I loved Memory Maker. Is it worth it for 1 day? $150 seems like a lot for one day, but I don't want to not get it and end up paying the full price later... We will have to rider swap for a few things with my daughter being under 40 inches, if that makes a difference.

I've been debating the same thing, we're going down March 14-17.. 3 days.. can't decide if memory maker is worth it.

I'm not sure the restrictions on it, I think you can add it when you buy a 1 day ticket but it's $39. Disney didn't really announce it, the my disney experience app recently updated and it was in the what's new notes. I think if it's available to buy for just 1 day of a longer trip, it's going to be via the app that you get it.

I've been debating the same thing, we're going down March 14-17.. 3 days.. can't decide if memory maker is worth it.

It was worth it to us. But we went for 8 days. If you have kids that want to meet with characters...that makes it really worth it. They took 4-5 photos with each character. Then all ride photos are on there as well. It wasn't hard to find photo ops with Disney photographers as well.

Unless the 1 day MM option is MUCH cheaper (I am not familiar with that option), I wouldn't do MM for just 1 day.

I am still debating on whether to do it for the 4 days that we are in the park for our April trip. Usually we get it and love it, but we are usually there for 11 days.

We (me, husband, 2 kids, sister and BIL) are headed to Magic Kingdom on March 12 when we are in Florida for mostly a beach vacation. Last time we visited WDW, we were there 5 days and I loved Memory Maker. Is it worth it for 1 day? $150 seems like a lot for one day, but I don't want to not get it and end up paying the full price later... We will have to rider swap for a few things with my daughter being under 40 inches, if that makes a difference.

There's no way I'd pay for memory maker for 1 day. We did it for a week and it was nice, although I still thought a bit expensive, but I wouldn't even consider it for 1 day. - Plus with only 1 day, you're limited as to your time to see attractions/rides etc.; I wouldn't want to have to "fit in" doing lots of pics.

Did the rate just increase? Our budget is a bit tight and I had just talked husband into it at $149 but logged in to find it $169.

I would do a one day now that it has a cheaper price. We did it once at Busch Gardens and even got great photos there in the one day.

And today we got something in the mail that says $149. Now it says $149 when I login. I have no idea why it said $169 yesterday. Maybe it was a glitch.

I was told $149 when I booked my hotel room yesterday

Hi All - I wanted to reply to this thread because I ran across it when asking the same question just this last week. My family and I went to Magic Kingdom for just 1-day on April 22, 2016 and I wanted unlimited downloads of digital photos but $169 or $149 for the memory maker seemed WAY too expensive. And in case you haven't checked, it is $14.95 per photo after the fact. So part of me thought if you plan to download at least 10 photos from the day then maybe you're still getting a deal. However I still wanted it cheaper. I asked when we arrived and they did not have a 1-day option that could be purchased. She said it was only offered for special events like Halloween or Christmas. But we still used our photopass cards each time we had pictures taken. Today (3 days after our trip) I logged in via the My Disney Experience app on my phone and all the photos automatically show up (they were already showing up the day we were taking them). When I clicked to Download the photos, it gave me the option to purchase the full Memory Maker for my entire vacation $169 OR to purchase for just 1 day $60! YAY!! :) I'm so happy to have received this option. I logged onto the computer just to check and the option for just one day DOES NOT show up. So you have to purchase it via your app on the phone. Once purchased, you can still log in to your My Disney Experience page on your computer and download the photos that way if you prefer. Just remember to log out and log back in after you purchase to ensure your cache is cleared and the water marks from your photos are gone. It's kind of sneaky the way this option is available. I'm sure many people miss it and end up paying full price. To me, $60 for one day of photos is PERFECT! I hope this helps!

I wish I had known this was an option in January (bummed I missed it, we went Jan 31), we went for 1 day. I would not have paid $149 for 1 day but would have considered it for $59. Either way we got good pictures, thankfully Photopass photographers will take a picture with your phone. I loved PhotoPass when we went as a family for a week.

Yes. We went for 1 day a couple months ago and got over 200 pics on the 1 day memory maker. Not sure if it's still this way but we had to have a pic taken by a photo pass photographer and then had to go into our account to view it and was offered the option to purchase. It was $59 but well worth it to see the looks and smiles on our 4 month old grandsons face when he met mickey and Cinderella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter