• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory foam mattress ???

Disneys#1fan

Mouseketeer
Anyone have experience with memory foam mattresses? My husband and I are Pooh sized and are looking for a new mattress. Most of the memory foam mattresses get good reviews but most of the reviews are from people who have only owned the mattress a month or two. I am interested in long term reviews. Anyone have a memory foam mattress for over a year? How has it held up? Would you buy one again? Would you recommend one to a friend? TIA

We purchased it about 3 years ago, and it is WONDERFUL. Whenever we go away on vacation or to spend the night with relatives, we always miss our bed!

I second the Tempur-Pedic. We've had ours for over 12 years now and it's still going strong.. no wear/indents/etc. Love it!

We have a Serta iComfort memory foam. It has this gel that keeps the mattress cooler than other memory foams. We love it, have had it over a year. It is very comfortable, but still supportive. They have varying degrees of firmness available, just like traditional mattresses.

Anyone have experience with memory foam mattresses? My husband and I are Pooh sized and are looking for a new mattress. Most of the memory foam mattresses get good reviews but most of the reviews are from people who have only owned the mattress a month or two. I am interested in long term reviews. Anyone have a memory foam mattress for over a year? How has it held up? Would you buy one again? Would you recommend one to a friend? TIA

We have had our Tempur Pedic for 12 years and really like it. They were not widely talked about then, but because I have muscle issues (Fibromyalgia) my dh wanted to try one. When we purchased ours, it was about the only *memory foam* mattress available and it was pretty pricey (still is, but most good mattresses are). There are now several mattress companies making a memory foam mattress, and there are different qualities/densities available, so they are not all *equal*.

Are there other brands that are good? Probably so, but I can not vouch for those, but my dh & I love our Tempur Pedic. We are not pooh size, so don't know if that would have any affect on the enjoyment or length of life of the mattress or not.

The best thing to do is go to the nearest dealer and talk with them. They can probably give you some advice about that.

The best of luck!

We like ours so well, we purchased a 3" memory foam topper to put on our mattress in our MH, as we missed our bed when we travel. It must go on a relatively firm mattress to work well, but it's a good substitute when traveling.

I guess I am the only one to say that I don't like mine. We have a Tempurpedic also and it is only 2 years old. My back has been killing me and I just couldn't sleep on it anymore. We just bought a Sleep Number bed and had it delivered today. I am hoping it helps me. We gave the other one to my son because he always talks about how comfortable it is.

I guess I am the only one to say that I don't like mine. We have a Tempurpedic also and it is only 2 years old. My back has been killing me and I just couldn't sleep on it anymore. We just bought a Sleep Number bed and had it delivered today. I am hoping it helps me. We gave the other one to my son because he always talks about how comfortable it is.

My brother & wife bought a sleep number mattress the same time as we bought our Tempur Pedic (12 yrs. ago) and they absolutely love it. He had had terrible back/shoulder pains with previous mattress, but now says he sleeps great with no pain. I sure hope this helps your problem also. No one mattress is for everybody. We do love our Tempur Pedic though. :confused3

To PP, I read the article you mentioned, and we never had an odor problem with our Tempur Pedic. I am a restless sleeper, but I don't disturb my dh because there is very little movement felt from one side to the other. It is a little warmer, but that's to our advantage in the winter, and in the summer, no problem with our ceiling fan.

I have been shopping for a good memory foam mattress for months now. I've spent so much on mattress toppers that claim to be memory foam but are just cheap imitations. I will look into Tempurpedic after all the good reviews here!

If anyone is looking for a good memory foam pillow, I found my dream one! They aren't cheap - $80 each, which I wasn't going to pay. Luckily I found them on sale for $39.99 & ordered 2 online - and I LOVE THEM! I have fibromyalgia & was waking up with a stiff neck & shoulders every day. Not anymore since I started sleeping on this pillow. It's the Perfect Luxury brand. I will try & post a link below if anyone wants to check it out. Right now it's $39.99 plus 20% off with the code online. I also shop through eBates & previously Bon Ton had 6% back.

https://www.bonton.com/shop/bed-bath/pillows/memory-foam/the-perfect-luxury-pillow_450969.html

We've had our Tempurpedic For 6 years+ and I wouldn't give it up for anything. My kids have them, too. My husband is def Pooh sized (lol!).

OP here. Thanks everyone for the replies. We have to make a decision soon as we have put this off for too long and now our bodies are paying for it. We are leaning more towards memory foam but I am not sure Tempur-pedic is in the budget. Maybe an iComfort or something similar. Thanks again!

Check into a simmons comforpedic. Cheaper then a tempurpedic and sleeps less 'hot.' They get great reviews.

We were unsure about memory foam mattresses and did not want to spend the money for a Tempurpedic so we bought one at Costco for $400(queen). We have been sleeping on it for 18 mon and love love love it!!! It has a gel element to it too. Hubby was afraid of being hot but no complaints. It came in a box ...compressed but we have had no issues.....highly recommend!!!

Definitely Tempurpedic. We've had ours since 2009 and absolutely love it. We got the "basic" model. Certainly expensive, but you spend so much time sleeping it is worth it! I used to wake up with sore back/neck, etc, but have not since we purchased the bed!

My parents and Sister have one. They both regret it. Though they did replace my Sister's for free when it had a depression that would not bounce back. So their warranty department is good. I think theirs was 10 or 11 years old. I think she said they have shortened the warranty period now. So maybe they start to have problems around that time. Though I bet all mattresses do. It is really my Sister and Mother that regret it. The men are happy with the choice. They just both wish they had bought a traditional mattress this time around.

We just bought a new bed last Fall. We could not buy a memory foam mattress because they made me dizzy. Weird I know. But when I sit or turn over on one my head just spins. No way I could deal with that all night.

We bought a Stearns and Foster that has some memory foam on the top. We picked out the mattress by feel and comfort before knowing it had it. It did not bother me. It is only like maybe 3 inches of the whole mattress that is memory foam. So there is alot of stability with the springs under there as well. I guess that is why I don't get the spinning feeling with it. S&F individually wrap their coils. It was just a different feel for us when comparing.

S&F comes with a 25 year warranty too unlike Simmons or Sealy. Again I doubt any mattress will last 25 years anyway. We had our last one for 12 and it was way too long! Our backs were killing us. I was in physical therapy for mine. Now mine is great. I credit the new pillow, bed and less stress. The therapy helped at the time too.

Not sure of the brand it isn't Temperpedic though. We have to turn out memory foam every so often just like a regular mattress when we start wakin gup with headaches and back aches. I haven't found this one particular matress to be all that is was supposed to be. Maybe the Temperpdic are what they say they are. Ours hos been a disappointment.

We were unsure about memory foam mattresses and did not want to spend the money for a Tempurpedic so we bought one at Costco for $400(queen).

THIS:thumbsup2
I've had mine for about 7 years now, and no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter