Memories!!!!! We were chosen!

I hope everyone read the release first. You no longer own or have any rights to these. They, however, have rights in perpetuity and can use them in any way they wish without your consent. This includes giving/selling them to any third party they wish. Your face could end up endorsing something you don't.

People should make sure that they read the fine print and of they do and are happy with the terms then ok. But read first.

You get the same deal when your pics are snapped in the park... on the rides, photopass, just in the background, during events... they own your image and you paid them for using it. But you can relax, most of us are too ugly for them to use :rotfl:

Of more concern are the people who sign model releases for generic pictures of them to be used in stock photography, or those who haven't checked their facebook / myspace settings. You could be the next poster-person for anything from online gaming ads to herpes cream. One dude found his wife in an ad for online dating because facebook will use your images in advertising if you don't opt out. Try explaining that to your spouse, luckily he was a trusting husband. Of course, there's nothing stopping Disney from licensing their images to an affiliated ad / marketing company... and eventually the pic of you and your husband hugging during illuminations trickles down to an ad for Trojans.

So be careful when your friend takes your pic, or you upload to facebook... you could be the next face preaching the woes of gonosyphyherpalitis.

How do you know if you were chosen? I submitted a few pics and a video.

Also, when I scrolled through all the WDW ones, after a while, I came back to the first picture and some of the ones your guys just posted, weren't on there. Is it one of those, you'll only see it if you are actually looking for it, deals?

There was one pic and story I actually read here on the Dis recently!

Hmm, just checked under "my memories" and two of them are listed. Not sure if that means they are still up for review or they are officially on. The youtube one is NOT listed. Maybe they rejected it or that takes more time. It was a 9 minute video so maybe they just said TOSS IT!

Anyway, here's mine. http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/2002

The website is not working for me right now. Is anyone else having trouble with it? I'd like to check "my memories" but it doesn't do anything when I click on it :(.

Not to spoil the fun, but . . . they aren't rejecting any, are they? Just making sure they are (in the language of the site) appropriate and inoffensive? Seems to me they are just allowing people to upload pictures and not really "picking" any. (Still a cool thing, to see your photos on the official Disney site!)

Well, I don't think they accept ALL of them...can you imagine how crazy that would be?? I submitted 7 or 8 pictures and 5 got selected to date.

They have to select at some point... they would have wayyyyy too many files on there as there is NO limit per account/person.

This is AWESOME for all of you! I put a vid on there and haven't seen it come up yet. It is a great vid of my kids DANCING with Minnie and Mickey one early morning at Epcot!

I submitted two and this one was chosen:

http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/1412

The one that wasn't was this one (DS1 after his 1st Haircut):

ry%3D400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter