Memorial Day weekend, should we switch our park reservations?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
Hubby & I will be in Disney with a large group over Memorial Day weekend. We are staying on-site Thursday night, have 3 day non-hopper passes and currently our park reservations are as follows:

Thursday - HS (only MK & AK are available)
Fri - MK ( all parks available)
Sat - Epcot (all parks available)
Sun - non-Disney day, but could switch days and use this as a park day (all parks available)

I know there is a lot going on between GOTG opening on Saturday and it being Memorial Day weekend. I’m wondering if it’s better to keep the park reservations we have? Switch our park days around? Or is it going to be extremely busy and really not going to matter what parks we are in? We are not big roller coaster people so we’re not looking to get on rides like ToT, RnRC, SDD, Space M, BTMR, etc.

Our goals:
HS - Spend time in Galaxy Edge, ride RoTR & MFSR (I know they are 2 of the biggest rides in HS, planning on rope drop & trying for $ILL)
MK - nothing on our “must do” list
Epcot - Soarin’, Flower & Garden & check out the different countries.

Thanks

Have they said yet how GOTG will be that weekend yet? VQ? Stand by line? LL of some sort?

Maybe swap your HS & Epcot days only cause the rest of Epcot might be quieter on a weekday rather than Saturday. And if you only really want 2 rides at HS a Saturday all day could work for you there to get that done?

Or you might go to Epcot on the Saturday & it will be like MK was on October 1st. Everyone was jammed on Main Street & in the store lines shopping so the rides & rest of park was pretty open. Crowds will be over at GOTG maybe in line or in that area (although it's just a ride not a "land" so nothing else to do). It's a poop shoot.

You may have a difficult time switching them at this point, so just be sure you don't inadvertently lose your reservation and not be able to book a new one.

I would be worried about losing my reservation too, but if it were me and I didn’t care about Guardians I would do

Thurs-Epcot
Friday-Resort day
Sat-HS, I know one of the managers there and he has said Saturday is routinely a lighter day at HS. I don’t know if it’s bc it’s a travel day for people and locals only pop in for a brief period or what, but we have benefitted from following his advice a couple different times!
Sun-MK

Thanks, just found out we cannot change our park days, so we will just have to make the best of it.

Hubby & I will be in Disney with a large group over Memorial Day weekend. We are staying on-site Thursday night, have 3 day non-hopper passes and currently our park reservations are as follows:

Thursday - HS (only MK & AK are available)
Fri - MK ( all parks available)
Sat - Epcot (all parks available)
Sun - non-Disney day, but could switch days and use this as a park day (all parks available)

I know there is a lot going on between GOTG opening on Saturday and it being Memorial Day weekend. I’m wondering if it’s better to keep the park reservations we have? Switch our park days around? Or is it going to be extremely busy and really not going to matter what parks we are in? We are not big roller coaster people so we’re not looking to get on rides like ToT, RnRC, SDD, Space M, BTMR, etc.

Our goals:
HS - Spend time in Galaxy Edge, ride RoTR & MFSR (I know they are 2 of the biggest rides in HS, planning on rope drop & trying for $ILL)
MK - nothing on our “must do” list
Epcot - Soarin’, Flower & Garden & check out the different countries.

Thanks
If you're not interested in doing GoG...I'd move your Epcot reservation to before opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter