"Member Benefits & More" from the DVC Member Website

bwvBound

DVC SSR & other timeshare
Many new members and almost-members have asked, in recent threads, which incidental benefits are included / excluded? There remains much confusion on this topic and answers are not fully supplied by either Mr. Potrock's letter of 4/4 or the "Membership Extras Acknowledgment and Disclosure Statement" (MEADS) of the same date.

Instead, one must comb through the DVC Members Website page titled, "Member Benefits & More." The page cannot be accessed w/out login and its content does not carry well using copy/paste. The content is fed from a database of benefits (currently 297 entries) using a variety of filters: Benefit Type, WDW Locations, DLR Locations and Other Destinations. The "Benefit Type" appears to be the key regarding benefits by membership level.

The different Benefit Type filters include:
  • 25th Anniversary
  • Dining
  • Shopping
  • Tickets & Tours
  • Recreation & Relaxation
    Which includes results such as ...
    • Member Lounge at Epcot
    • Children's Activity Centers: Save 15%
    • Complimentary Pool Hopping Information
    • DVD Rentals (appears at least 4 times in the result list?)
    • Fitness Centers: Enjoy Complimentary Access
    • Movies Under the Oaks (Hilton Head)
    • ... and many more
  • "Mouse"ellaneous
    • Access to Top of the World Lounge
    • Best Friends Pet Care: Member Savings
    • Owner's Locker: Save $75
  • Special Offers
  • Member Cruises
  • Member Events & Experiences
  • Complimentary Events & Experiences
Personally, I'm betting the Benefit Type filter will be "tuned" according to your ownership type/status/date. I'm thinking the list needs to be cleaned up so that features such as Lounge Access and Pool hopping fall into the same category ... ?

Last edited:
I'm thinking that new resale owners probably won't have access to most of the site, only the booking and showing your points status pages. Disney will not want them to see all these pages with benefits and events listed when it doesn't apply, that would set them up for a lot of complaints. They may even set up a different site for resale owners.

My understanding is that going forward, any new members that have bought resale after 4/04/16 will be able to visit the member website to view what benefits/ perks they are eligible for.

My understanding is that going forward, any new members that have bought resale after 4/04/16 will be able to visit the member website to view what benefits/ perks they are eligible for.
Yes, I assume this to be true. That a hidden filter is applied to offer only options available to the specific logged-in user. A quick fix might include moving the "Common to EVERYONE" benefits to either Mouse-ellanous or Recreation/Relaxation; show that category by default and then check for additional qualifications when the user begins to interact with the interface.

It is interesting. I just banked my 2015 points into 2016. On the banking screen, it has a field called "member type". My member type was "Purchaser". It would be interesting to know the other member types that show up here.

I would think DVC would WANT resale owners to see what benefits they're missing out on, in the hope that they will be enticed to purchase add on points directly.

Mine says, "Additional Purchaser" -- as I'm just the spouse.
It is interesting. I just banked my 2015 points into 2016. On the banking screen, it has a field called "member type". My member type was "Purchaser". It would be interesting to know the other member types that show up here.

Many new members and almost-members have asked, in recent threads, which incidental benefits are included / excluded? There remains much confusion on this topic and answers are not fully supplied by either Mr. Potrock's letter of 4/4 or the "Membership Extras Acknowledgment and Disclosure Statement" (MEADS) of the same date.

Instead, one must comb through the DVC Members Website page titled, "Member Benefits & More." The page cannot be accessed w/out login and its content does not carry well using copy/paste. The content is fed from a database of benefits (currently 297 entries) using a variety of filters: Benefit Type, WDW Locations, DLR Locations and Other Destinations. The "Benefit Type" appears to be the key regarding benefits by membership level.

The different Benefit Type filters include:
  • 25th Anniversary
  • Dining
  • Shopping
  • Tickets & Tours
  • Recreation & Relaxation
    • Member Lounge at Epcot
    • Children's Activity Centers: Save 15%
    • Complimentary Pool Hopping Information
    • DVD Rentals (appears at least 4 times in the result list?)
    • Fitness Centers: Enjoy Complimentary Access
    • Movies Under the Oaks (Hilton Head)
    • ... and many more
  • "Mouse"ellaneous
    • Access to Top of the World Lounge
    • Best Friends Pet Care: Member Savings
    • Owner's Locker: Save $75
  • Special Offers
  • Member Cruises
  • Member Events & Experiences
  • Complimentary Events & Experiences
Personally, I'm betting the Benefit Type filter will be "tuned" according to your ownership type/status/date. I'm thinking the list needs to be cleaned up so that features such as Lounge Access and Pool hopping fall into the same category ... ?

Interesting that they list benefits paid for by the owners and not DVC like TOTWL.

:earsboy: Bill

On the banking screen, it has a field called "member type". My member type was "Purchaser". It would be interesting to know the other member types that show up here.

You got me curious so I logged in. I am also a "Purchaser". I'm the only one on the deed. But I did notice from the home screen that I had 2 notifications. One was the letter advising of the new changes for resales going forward. The 2nd one did not have a link to what it was, it only had a link to "Mark as Read". No idea what that was supposed to be.

Odd. I did do some cruising through on the various options related to perks/benefits to see if there was anything I didn't recall seeing before. The only thing that kind of stood out to me was the qualifier at the bottom of the pages (with info about benefits) stating "no purchase should ever be made" with the assumption those benefits would continue, etc., etc. That qualifier was likely there all along, I'm likely just hyper alert to that right now.

Interesting that they list benefits paid for by the owners and not DVC like TOTWL.

Is that so or does it pay for itself with sales. I assumed it was treated like a commercial space would be. Like the room in BWV that was originally going to be used for members but that changed.

You got me curious so I logged in. I am also a "Purchaser". I'm the only one on the deed. But I did notice from the home screen that I had 2 notifications. One was the letter advising of the new changes for resales going forward. The 2nd one did not have a link to what it was, it only had a link to "Mark as Read". No idea what that was supposed to be.

If you look at the source of the page, the empty notice was a link to a Japanese version of the letter, but was commented out, so it appears empty. :thumbsup2

If you look at the source of the page, the empty notice was a link to a Japanese version of the letter, but was commented out, so it appears empty. :thumbsup2

I wonder what "Ken Potrock" (ken pet rock) means in Japanese?

Is that so or does it pay for itself with sales. I assumed it was treated like a commercial space would be. Like the room in BWV that was originally going to be used for members but that changed.

The ownership went back and worth until Disney figured out the best deal for themselves. BLT owners pay for all of the space, lounge and deck, and all expenses related to the spaces but Disney leases back the bar and lounge and keeps the profit. When that happened they changed the rules to allow any member access to the bar, lounge, and deck.

TOWL is used an average of 3x/week for New Member breakfasts (boy, hope I didn't open a new can of worms here since those invites go to new members buying direct. Not at all my intent.) and DVD pays for that so it is possible that DVD subsidizes costs for that space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter