Melbourne Airport?

stormer

DIS Veteran
We are flying in to Melbourne Airport over President's Day weekend. When I google it, I see it is about 66 miles to Disney. We are renting a car at the airport. We land at 4:25pm Friday. Is anyone familiar with the route? How bad will traffic be? In NY that would be prime time and take forever. I am just curious about how long it will take us to get to Disney so I know if I should plan anything for that night. Thanks!

I haven't done the drive but looking at a map the direct path is Route 192. 192 looks like it goes through mostly rural areas so you shouldn't have much trouble until you hit Kissimmee. However that would be at the height of Friday night traffic, that last 15 miles could easily take 30 minutes or more. I would think it may take 1 1/2 hours. Hopefully a local will jump in with 1st hand knowledge.

I made that trip a couple years ago. We got off a cruise, rented a car, drove to our hotel in Melbourne (were flying out there the next day) and decided to drive to my parent's home in Poinciana (just south of Kissimmee). I remember the drive wasn't that bad, but you're not really going to go fast. I would budget 90-120 minutes from when you leave the airport.

Google maps show 75 minutes if you go up I95 to 528.

That would be the way I'd go, up to 528 and straight across. It's a toll road, but it's wider and a faster speed limit.

While 192 looks like a good route on the map, it is basically a rural road for most of the way. There will be intersections, lights and crossing traffic to deal with. A better route would be I-95 north to 528 east (toll) to 417 south (toll) to get to WDW. Yes, there are tolls but the drive will be easy and faster than 192.

While 192 looks like a good route on the map, it is basically a rural road for most of the way. There will be intersections, lights and crossing traffic to deal with. A better route would be I-95 north to 528 east (toll) to 417 south (toll) to get to WDW. Yes, there are tolls but the drive will be easy and faster than 192.
I echo this. We do the drive to/from Disney's Vero Beach Resort via I-95, 528, and 417. In fact, we'll be doing it tomorrow. Melbourne is north of Vero, so about 15 minutes closer to WDW. I would think about 90 minutes or less. Two $1 tolls on 528 and two $1.50 tolls on 417.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter