Meeting Characters without Kids

I'm a big fan of "Up" and I was so excited to meet Dug and Russell last year. They were super sweet - I told them they were my heroes, and their story was one of my favorite stories ever, and they made a big fuss over me. They were ready to come home with me until Dug heard he would have to get on an airplane and got scared. Russell still wanted to go (and even took my hand and started to walk away with me when I left them) but decided he'd better stay with Dug.

Russel did the same thing with me when I did my meet with them. it was pretty much the best thing ever. lol. and we yelled SQUIRREL for Dug. which was of course hilarious. one of my favorite meets I've done. ::yes::

Go for it. Heck I'm a single guy who looks like an extra from Sons Of Anarchy and kids can look at me weird as much as they want, I'm getting my photo with Dug.

:thumbsup2 LOVE IT! That made my day! Thanks! I haven't done characters yet but am planning them for next trip. :wizard:

Definitely no weird looks; we had some great interactions with the characters. This was my first trip meeting face characters such as the princesses and absolutely LOVED those experiences.
Also, if you're so inclined, ask for selfies with the characters, they each call it something different! :rotfl:

I know how you feel! I went during Wishes to meet Rapunzel and there really wasn't anybody else in line. princess:

Definitely no weird looks; we had some great interactions with the characters. This was my first trip meeting face characters such as the princesses and absolutely LOVED those experiences.
Also, if you're so inclined, ask for selfies with the characters, they each call it something different! :rotfl:

Oh I am SO doing this..... :rotfl2:

I just turned 44 and I'm borderline obsessed with getting my picture taken with characters. Our last trip with the kids in '07 most of the character pics are just me. When we first walked into MK, Goofy mad Max where there. I waited about 15 minutes, but my kids didn't want to. Same thing for Pinocchio, and Clairabell Cow & Horace Horsecollar.

DW and I have gone twice without the kids and I always hunt for characters. For our next trip this coming June I booked a FP for Cinderella & Repunzel. I've already met Cinderella, but not Rapunzel. Plus DW and especially my 9 year old DD will love it. I was disappointed that I couldn't get FP for Elsa & Anna.

Thus far I have had my picture taken with 71 different characters plus 4 different Mickeys, 5 different Goofys, 4 different Donald's plus 2 of a few others.

Our next trip I will be on the lookout for any characters I haven't had my picture with.

It's fun. I love it. Though I too have had a few times where I was next and the kids behind me ran ahead of me thinking I was with the group that just finished. One time I said to the 2 kids, hey. I'm next. It's my turn. They looked at me like I had 5 heads.

Another time I was in line at DHS for Mr Incredible & Frozone. I was next in line when they left for a break. I look at the CM who was with them with a sad face. As I waked away I told her I was a single and not with the bug family behind me. She apologized and said of she knew she would have let me have a turn. Oh well. I'm still hunting for Frozone. Lol

Here is a link to my character page:
http://www.kylegendron.com/Disney-World/With-the-Characters/Kyle-with-the-characters/i-FBMtJnx

I'm going to do this too. I'll have my big boy camera for the photographer or CM to take a picture for me, but I'll also take out my phone for a selfie with the character. Excellent idea!!!!

My now husband and I love to meet the characters. Might as well do it now, because when we have kids they'll get all the attention, right??

Last year after he proposed we met Merida and were wearing our 'Just Engaged' pins. She asked me if I chose my own fate, and of course I said yes! That was probably my favorite meet and greet.

Or when Snow White said she had a "friend" from Worcester and her Boston accent slipped out a little.

I'm in my mid 30's and over the last 21 years (my 1st trip to Euro Disney as it was then called was in 1993) I have travelled the worlds Disney parks with friends, my parents, my brother, my own family & kids and in 2012 as a single women. On every trip i've always had plenty of character shots and everyone i've travelled with has always jumped in no questions asked.

I have never given it a second thought until my honeymoon (i just re married) in February. At the end of our honeymoon we went to the theme parks in the Gold Coast and I took my new hubby to movie world (warner bros) now as a Disney fan I am never as impressed by character shots there but thought it was a great opportunity to get my hubby used to the shot..... hmmmm i didn't think he'd have a problem but my amazing, sporty 32 year old hubby was less than impressed by the idea of hoping in for a pic with Tweety & Bugs. But i explained that when we are in Disneyparks i'd be deverstated if he didn't hop in.... so he did and managed a smile 2. Poor thing must have thought me posting it on facebook for ALL to see would ruin his image!!!!

Come on boys get in touch with your inner child and who cares what others think!!!

There are so many people who forget that at Disney, everyone is a child! Have fun, enjoy the magic, suspend disbelief at the gate or else you'll miss out!

Oh, I am planning on it! No kids, don't care :yay:

I really, really want to meet Elsa and Anna. Guess I'll use one of my FP+ on that.

It can be a little awkward feeling at first meeting the characters but you get over it pretty quick. For my niece’s 2nd birthday, I went around MK and got autographs and birthday wishes (video) from all the princess and put it on an DVD for her. She loved it.

I have always been obsessed with The Little Mermaid and when I went to Disney a few years back (in my mid-twenties), I couldn't wait to meet Ariel! My mom and I went together and when we met her, my mom went on and on about how excited I had been to meet her (super embarrassing!). However, Ariel was so great about it! She told me she loved my red hair (just like hers!) and she was so sweet!! It is one of my absolute favorite Disney memories!! I can't wait to meet Pooh this year with my soon-to-be husband on our honeymoon!! :):lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter