Mediterranean Cruise

daisey mae muggles

Earning My Ears
Will Disney have accessible transportation from the airport to the port? Do you think any accessible port transportation will be available for sightseeing? I would love to take my family for my DH 60th BD. I don't want him sitting at the port while we sightsee, which has been the case on other cruises. Any thoughts?

There should be no problem with transportation to and from the airport, your problem will come at port. Here's a quote from Disney about access at ports.

Wheelchair Accessibility
One of the highlights of a Guest's Disney Cruise Line® adventure is exploring the ports of call, but please note that many of the shops and facilities in the foreign ports of call are not accessible to Guests with disabilities.
For Guests in a wheelchair, specially designed ramps are placed at specified gangways for disembarkation and embarkation.

If you would like to receive additional information or request accommodations for Guests with disabilities, please discuss your needs with the reservationist at the time of booking.

Sorry I wasn't more help. I don't see it listed anywhere, but I would bet they will use "tenders" for transfering from the ship at the ports of call. Since they will only be in Europe for the summer, it is doubtfull they are paying for full dock priviledges or also likely is some of the port may not accomdate large cruise ships. Someone on the Dsiney Cruiseline board would probably be able to tell you more about docking procedures.

From what I was told, two of the ports will use tenders....and the excursions are all about an hour away from where the ship docks. You may want to call DCL and ask to speak with Special Services so someone can research this for you. ----Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter