Mears from Pop to DHS?

kevin75

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I am needing some advice. We will be staying at Pop in November and I'm concerned for our DHS day. We are a family of 5, with the newest member going to be about 4 1/2 months old when we go. I don't really relish the thought of waiting an hour+ for the Skyliner to open and then having to wait longer once we get to the transfer station at CBR, so we are trying to find alternate options.

Uber doesn't really work as I've read not very good reviews with infant carseats so we were looking at Mears SUV. The pricing seems to be very reasonable, so I was thinking to order it for about 8:30am for a 10am DHS open that morning. Does anyone have any experiences with Mears or could offer some advice?

Thanks!

I reserved a mears van for our HS day on the 27th. I scheduled pick up for 845 am because I read they do not open the parking lot until 9. Hoping to time it right and get there right as they are letting cars in

I reserved a mears van for our HS day on the 27th. I scheduled pick up for 845 am because I read they do not open the parking lot until 9. Hoping to time it right and get there right as they are letting cars in
Were you quoted a price? Thanks for this. I am sure many have this need for this service with small children. I guess the Minnie Vans will never return now. But I’ll keep hoping.
Probably not on any guest survey...

Were you quoted a price? Thanks for this. I am sure many have this need for this service with small children. I guess the Minnie Vans will never return now. But I’ll keep hoping.
Probably not on any guest survey...
I believe it was $23 but then I downloaded the app and it gave me a discount so it is now $18

we literally have the same plan! i am going to prebook a mears suv with a car seat because i can not rely on uber or lyft to have a car seat.

That's what we ended up doing. Downloaded the app, found a coupon and went ahead and reserved an SUV with a carseat for not only our DHS day, but our MK days as well.

we literally have the same plan! i am going to prebook a mears suv with a car seat because i can not rely on uber or lyft to have a car seat.
We are looking at this as well as we have the need for 2 car seats. Will you guys report back on how it went?

Okay!! Doing this was the best thing ever although i suggest scheduling the pickup for later than 8:45! I think it is even safe to schedule at 9:00 just because it is so close and fast anyways plus if they are early, it is not to anyone's benefit.

I scheduled the pickup for 8:45 and it was early! (who would ever think that early was a bad thing!) but in this case him being early was bad because they did not let our car line up at 8:40 so we had to circle around and waste time. When we got back at 8:51 they had just started letting cars line up at the toll booths.
At 9 and not a second before is when they started letting cars in.
It took me until about 9:22 or so to get in the park .

Don't bother with mmrr at opening as the line will be long all day long anyways.

We are looking at this as well as we have the need for 2 car seats. Will you guys report back on how it went?

Each time i used this, the car only had 1 car seat. make sure you put in the notes or call ahead if you need 2.
(see my post above for how it went)

Each time i used this, the car only had 1 car seat. make sure you put in the notes or call ahead if you need 2.
(see my post above for how it went)

Correct. Both times that i used them, they only had 1 car seat in each vehicle.
One had a graco car seat AND a booster seat. (i saw this in the trunk)
One had the cosco scenera next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter