Meals, Fast Passes and Planning help. :s

Indee96

Earning My Ears
This is really long....but I need help! Sorry!

I am planning our first trip to Disney for myself, my husband and our daughters age 6 & 9. Next week we have to pick fast passes and I’m also trying to confirm/change dining reservations. I need to figure out if we should keep our 6 day park hopper passes or make changes and decide what to do on our arrival and departure days. We will be at Disney the first week of May and will be coming off a 7 night Caribbean cruise and currently have the Disney dining plan. My girls are pretty good eaters but will most likely stick to the usual go to kid favorites and they will do most rides but not the big thrill ones. If you have a few minutes to read this over and offer suggestions I’d really appreciate it!

Day 1 - Sunday
Arrive at Art of Animation by 11:00am
Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 5:30pm

*Which park should we go to? Or should we go to Disney Springs or stay at the resort? If we’re going to a park which rides should we try to get fast passes for?

Day 2 - Monday
Hollywood Studios
Dinner reservations at Sci-Fi at 4:30pm

*Fast pass suggestions? Any tips for this park? Quick serve suggestions for lunch or snacks?

Day 3 - Tuesday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:10am
Dinner reservations at Crystal Palace at 5:55pm

*Fast pass suggestions? Any tips for this park? Quick serve suggestions for lunch or snacks?

Day 4 - Wednesday
Epcot
Lunch reservations at Akershus at 12:05pm

*I’m not sure if we will be here the full day. I assume we’ll start at park opening and be finished by 3. Wondering if we should keep park hopper and go somewhere else this afternoon? Also what fast passes we should try to get.

Day 5 - Thursday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:05am

*Fast pass suggestions? Quick serve suggestions for lunch & dinner?

Day 6 - Friday
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Tusker House at 8:15am
Dinner reservations at Sanaa at 5:00pm

*I’d really like to try Flame Tree for lunch. But we really want to get to Sanaa too. I think maybe we’ll get a late lunch plate or two that we can share and then have the bread service and something light at Sanaa. I could pay out of pocket for Sanaa and then have the table serve credits left for Ohana. I’m also looking for fast pass suggestions.

Day 7 - Saturday
Breakfast reservations at Ohana at 7:30am
Flight leaves at 2:00pm

*Do we have enough time to have breakfast here on departure day? Someone mentioned that with our flight leaving at 2pm that we will be picked up by the Magical Express by 10am. We will get a taxi back to AOA after breakfast but are we cutting it too close with a character meal on this morning?

Day 1 - Coming off a cruise that day you may be pretty tired, and for me and DH transitioning from boat to land wasn't easy so we needed a day to adjust. On the other hand, if you're ready to party since you're right there I would take monorail to MK. SDMT, Pirates, BTMRR, ETWB, Teacups, Peter Pan Flight, Splash, Buzz Lightyear. Not sure if BTMRR will be too much 'thrill' which is why I suggested others :)

Day 2 - Toy Story Midway Mania, maybe FP Fantasmic, Great Movie Ride - not sure anything else non thrill ride wise is worth a FP.

Day 3 - See MK FP suggestions on day 1

Day 4 - Frozen Ever After or Soarin, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth

Day 5 - would do dinner at BOG since you're already doing a breakfast there on a previous day. FPs same as Day 1 - maybe add Splash Mountain to the mix.

Day 6 - looks good!

Day 7 - I personally would stay local to your resort on departure day, too many things can go wrong or cause delays. Maybe make Ohana breakfast in lieu of BOG breakfast on Day 5. Then take Monorail or boat to MK after :)

Last edited:
Since you are having dinner at 1900 Park Fare on your first day, I would go to MK that day. It will also be a nice way to start off your first WDW trip!

I would drop the park hopper. It looks like you are only planning on using it on one day, so it's just not worth it.

I would try to switch your O'hana breakfast for one of your MK mornings (especially if you end up at MK on your arrival day, which will give you a little more time in the park). I find on departure day, I like to sleep in and make sure everything is packed and ready to go. Can you do a 7:30 am breakfast and make it back to AoA by 10 am? Yes, but why rush your departure morning?

In MK, I would get FP+ for 7DMT, Peter Pan and any of the mountains you want to ride (Space, BTMRR, Splash). If you end up spending 3 days at MK, you may also want to FP+ Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland Speedway (that line gets so hot!), Enchanted Tales. In EP, if you want to ride Frozen Ever After, grab FP+! If you don't want to FP+ Frozen, FP+ Test Track I would also FP+ Spaceship Earth. In DHS, if you aren't interested in RnRRC or ToT, FP+ Toy Story and Star Tours. In AK, I would FP+ the Safari, Dinosaur or EE (if you are interested in riding) and one or two of the shows.

In MK, we like Columbia Harbour House for QS. In EP, we like Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles in France.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am able to get a reservation at Ohana for our second (probably third) Magic Kingdom day at 11:50am. I am thinking maybe I`ll keep our 8:05am BOG and have a light breakfast, do some rides and then go to our 11:50am breakfast. Does that sound better or should I drop BOG? My other daughter loves Beauty and the Beast and we we`re hoping to eat in a couple of the rooms in the castle. :D

Here are my thoughts.

-Drop park hopper. Doesn't look like you'll be using it.
-Personally, I would not do more than one sit down meal on the same day. We did this a few times on our last trip and regretted it. We just weren't hungry enough to do 2 big meals per day.
-I would change one of the BOG breakfasts to either lunch or dinner, to get a different experience
-Magical Express will pick up 3 hours prior to flight departure. Although I think you would have plenty of time to do the Ohana breakfast, it might be a lot of rushing around for departure day.
-I definitely would not do BOG breakfast at 8:05 and Ohana at 11:50 on the same day. That is a whole lot of time spent eating when you could be enjoying MK during prime park hours.

FP suggestions:
MK - Space Mountain, BTMRR, SDMT (replace SM with either Peter Pan or Splash Mountain if they won't go on it)
HS - TSMM, Star Tours, Frozen Sing Along
Epcot - FEA, Soarin, Spaceship Earth or Turtle Talk

QS suggestions:
MK - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - soooo many options, can't go wrong here!
HS - nothing really stands out to me :(

Good luck!

On day one, I would go to MK--otherwise, it will be a lot of travel just to go to dinner. If you don't want to go to MK that first day, then I would pick another restaurant in Disney Springs or wherever you plan on going.

Here are my thoughts.

-Drop park hopper. Doesn't look like you'll be using it.
-Personally, I would not do more than one sit down meal on the same day. We did this a few times on our last trip and regretted it. We just weren't hungry enough to do 2 big meals per day.
-I would change one of the BOG breakfasts to either lunch or dinner, to get a different experience
-Magical Express will pick up 3 hours prior to flight departure. Although I think you would have plenty of time to do the Ohana breakfast, it might be a lot of rushing around for departure day.
-I definitely would not do BOG breakfast at 8:05 and Ohana at 11:50 on the same day. That is a whole lot of time spent eating when you could be enjoying MK during prime park hours.

FP suggestions:
MK - Space Mountain, BTMRR, SDMT (replace SM with either Peter Pan or Splash Mountain if they won't go on it)
HS - TSMM, Star Tours, Frozen Sing Along
Epcot - FEA, Soarin, Spaceship Earth or Turtle Talk

QS suggestions:
MK - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - soooo many options, can't go wrong here!
HS - nothing really stands out to me :(

Good luck!

MK doesn`t open until 9am on this day. And it will probably be our third day at the park. Do you think I should still drop BOG? I was thinking if I kept this one I might be able to get a lunch on day 3.

I think we will drop the hopper though. Doesn`t look like we will need it. And I`m going off to search menus based on everyone`s suggestions. :D

Sorry - this will be long back to you!

Day 1 - As PP mentioned, see how you feel, but make FP for MK just in case. If you are up for touring, head over after you are settled - since it is early, your room may not be ready, but you can have your luggage held. You could grab a bite at the food court before heading over. Enjoy the magic of entering Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time! :tink:Make FP for 1, 2, and 3:00 approximately. I would focus on Fantasyland, and FP Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Winnie the Pooh. You can make a 4th FP on the app on your phone after you check in for the third, if you want to do another ride that is available (Philharmagic, a fun 3D movie, one of our faves, does not usually have much of a line, and is nice and cool, for this or your other MK day!). Head to front by 4:30 to take monorail or boat to Grand Floridian for dinner. Ask for a table in main dining room when you check in, to be closer to buffet. Stepsisters are hysterical! You could head back after dinner to get your room settled and relax or do pool time.

If you are tired, you could stay at AoA, grab lunch at food court, and do pool time. Then head to MK by 4 - will need to take boat or monorail to Grand Floridian from there for dinner . After dinner you could head into MK. If you do this, you can go into app and change FP to later times if available, or choose new ones. You could catch fireworks or plan those for your other day if you want to head back early. If you stay for fireworks on any nights, do not try to leave right after - crazy crowds! Hang out, grab a Mickey bar, do some shopping, etc.

Day 2 - Since FP here is tiered, get Toy Story as your Tier 1, and Tier 2 really depends on your interests. If you are not into Tower of Terror, the others don't always need FP, so choose two you want to do - will not need for Muppets or Little Mermaid most of the time. If you are going to go at opening, you could ride Toy Story first thing, then do it again with your FP - it is fun to do more than once and always had lines as day goes on. You could do other rides with short lines for the first few hours, then schedule FP for 11,12, and 1 approx.(RnRC had single rider if either of you want to try).

When you finish 3rd FP, try and make 4th for Fantasmic night show.(if you can't get one, be sure to get in line early to get a closer seat, but they are often available). Backlot Express is good for QS meal. Sci-Fi is awesome! Ask to be in front two rows of a car. Try a milkshake - they can be a drink or dessert on dining plan, and you can take them to go if you want to head out. Hardest part of this park is getting in shows(only shown certain times throughout the day) - Indiana Jones, Beauty and Beast, Frozen Sing-a-Long, Disney Jr,, etc depending on what you like - look at schedule ahead to see how to fit into your plans for the day - wdwent.com posts schedule each week, but they stay pretty similar, so you can get an idea, and check the app that day under entertainment for current.

Day 3 - After BOG brft(Just an FYI that you get to walk around and pick your seat, and will get to see all three rooms and take pics, in case you only go once) most people head to Seven Dwarfs to ride first thing, so if you didn't get it in your 1st day or want to do it again! (You could try and change this to early lunch if keeping brft the other day, and watch welcome show 1st thing) If not, head to any of the major rides before they get long lines.

Then schedule FP for late morning/early afternoon, and then can try for 4th, 5th, etc. You could ride Splash and Big Thunder, or Space and Buzz depending on kids' interests, just try to do one land at a time, so you are not running all over park. FP Enchanted Tales with Belle, Haunted Mansion, and any Princess meets they want. You can check wait times on the app for other things you want to do to see if you need FP or a short line you can hop to when done. CP is one of our faves - love to bounce with Tigger!:tigger: Plan to get a spot for fireworks and projection show in hub area in front of castle about an hour ahead - we like to grab a snack from Sleepy Hollow (left of castle) while we wait or one of you can catch another ride while one saves spot.

Day 4 - With Tiered FP here as well, I would get Tier 1 for Frozen for after your lunch - around 1:30, then you could do Meet w/Anna & Elsa after if you like. First thing, go to Test Track, then over to Soarin(or switch depending on interests). I would do Tier 2 for Nemo and Turtle Talk at 10 and 11 and check out The Seas and my manatees! Then you will need to head across the bridge into World Showcase for lunch. When you are done you could explore some of the World if you like - cute boat ride in Mexico, and Kid Cot spots in each country to get country stamps and make crafts. There is also an Agent P adventure you can sign up for and do on your phone - like a spy mission to explore a country for kids - Germany is a good one. I would take the rest of the night off, and have some pool and down time - you will need it by then!:rolleyes:

Day 5 - if keeping BOG(if going to eat light you could pay OOP and split meals, and use your QS in evening for dinner) then do as I mentioned for your other day and head to Seven Dwarfs or other majors you have not done, or want to do again. Make FP for 3rides you have not FP yet - you can change during the week if you already got to or have things you want to do again. You will leave to head to Ohana around 11, so you could make FP for when you return.

Day 6 - After TH(great brft!) you can head right to Safari next door. (There is now a dining package for Rivers of Light show with this meal if you want to try and get it as long as offered that night - reserved seating area for night show, still 1credit for you). We like to do it first thing, then get a FP to do again later, as each ride is different. After ride, can walk Pagani Trail, then get in line for Lion King show(check timing). This is all in Africa, then you can head to Asia.

Nemo show has a FP if you are interested, and Kali River Rapids- be careful, you can get soaked - you can bring throw away ponchos if you don't want to chance it and put feet up! Also Maharajah Jungle Trek to walk. Can do Flame Tree - if you sit behind it is shaded w/great view of Everest, just watch for aggressive birds!) Pizzafari has indoor seating if you need AC. I imagine you will not do Everest ride, but if you want to, can FP or do single rider line if one of you wants to brave it! Then you will hit Dinoland if you have time - might want to do after dinner if not. Some kiddie rides and play area, carnival type.

You will need to head over to AKL around 4 for Saana - you will want to get off at Kidani. When you are done, you might want to go over to the main lodge - really beautiful, and can see animals out on the Savannah behind the lobby.(Can catch a bus heading there - just ask a CM which one).

Then you could head back for night activities if you like. There is Tree of Life lighting up, and parties in Asia and Africa with music and entertainment. Then the Rivers of Light show if you want to see it - can FP if not doing dining package.

Last day - ME will give you a pick up time the night before, probably 11am, about 3 hrs before, do best to sleep in and pack up.

Remember - you will not see everything on your first trip, so don't stress! It is a lot of walking, heat, and navigating parks, so take breaks when you need it, have a snack, watch entertainers, and don't be afraid to change the plan! Also, on your last day if you have extra snack credits or QS meals, you want to use those up. You can buy snacks to take home or on the plane, or grab QS meal for brft or even lunch to take to airport with you. If you have extra QS, you can also exchange them for 3 snack credits. Have a great trip!:earsboy:

Thanks for the suggestions! I am able to get a reservation at Ohana for our second (probably third) Magic Kingdom day at 11:50am. I am thinking maybe I`ll keep our 8:05am BOG and have a light breakfast, do some rides and then go to our 11:50am breakfast. Does that sound better or should I drop BOG? My other daughter loves Beauty and the Beast and we we`re hoping to eat in a couple of the rooms in the castle. :D

I don't remember if this is still the case or not, but breakfast & lunch is usually just served in the main dining area. Dinner is when the back room is open as well as the main dining (and also where the rose is).

Sorry - this will be long back to you!

Day 1 - As PP mentioned, see how you feel, but make FP for MK just in case. If you are up for touring, head over after you are settled - since it is early, your room may not be ready, but you can have your luggage held. You could grab a bite at the food court before heading over. Enjoy the magic of entering Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time! :tink:Make FP for 1, 2, and 3:00 approximately. I would focus on Fantasyland, and FP Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Winnie the Pooh. You can make a 4th FP on the app on your phone after you check in for the third, if you want to do another ride that is available (Philharmagic, a fun 3D movie, one of our faves, does not usually have much of a line, and is nice and cool, for this or your other MK day!). Head to front by 4:30 to take monorail or boat to Grand Floridian for dinner. Ask for a table in main dining room when you check in, to be closer to buffet. Stepsisters are hysterical! You could head back after dinner to get your room settled and relax or do pool time.

If you are tired, you could stay at AoA, grab lunch at food court, and do pool time. Then head to MK by 4 - will need to take boat or monorail to Grand Floridian from there for dinner . After dinner you could head into MK. If you do this, you can go into app and change FP to later times if available, or choose new ones. You could catch fireworks or plan those for your other day if you want to head back early. If you stay for fireworks on any nights, do not try to leave right after - crazy crowds! Hang out, grab a Mickey bar, do some shopping, etc.

Day 2 - Since FP here is tiered, get Toy Story as your Tier 1, and Tier 2 really depends on your interests. If you are not into Tower of Terror, the others don't always need FP, so choose two you want to do - will not need for Muppets or Little Mermaid most of the time. If you are going to go at opening, you could ride Toy Story first thing, then do it again with your FP - it is fun to do more than once and always had lines as day goes on. You could do other rides with short lines for the first few hours, then schedule FP for 11,12, and 1 approx.(RnRC had single rider if either of you want to try).

When you finish 3rd FP, try and make 4th for Fantasmic night show.(if you can't get one, be sure to get in line early to get a closer seat, but they are often available). Backlot Express is good for QS meal. Sci-Fi is awesome! Ask to be in front two rows of a car. Try a milkshake - they can be a drink or dessert on dining plan, and you can take them to go if you want to head out. Hardest part of this park is getting in shows(only shown certain times throughout the day) - Indiana Jones, Beauty and Beast, Frozen Sing-a-Long, Disney Jr,, etc depending on what you like - look at schedule ahead to see how to fit into your plans for the day - wdwent.com posts schedule each week, but they stay pretty similar, so you can get an idea, and check the app that day under entertainment for current.

Day 3 - After BOG brft(Just an FYI that you get to walk around and pick your seat, and will get to see all three rooms and take pics, in case you only go once) most people head to Seven Dwarfs to ride first thing, so if you didn't get it in your 1st day or want to do it again! (You could try and change this to early lunch if keeping brft the other day, and watch welcome show 1st thing) If not, head to any of the major rides before they get long lines.

Then schedule FP for late morning/early afternoon, and then can try for 4th, 5th, etc. You could ride Splash and Big Thunder, or Space and Buzz depending on kids' interests, just try to do one land at a time, so you are not running all over park. FP Enchanted Tales with Belle, Haunted Mansion, and any Princess meets they want. You can check wait times on the app for other things you want to do to see if you need FP or a short line you can hop to when done. CP is one of our faves - love to bounce with Tigger!:tigger: Plan to get a spot for fireworks and projection show in hub area in front of castle about an hour ahead - we like to grab a snack from Sleepy Hollow (left of castle) while we wait or one of you can catch another ride while one saves spot.

Day 4 - With Tiered FP here as well, I would get Tier 1 for Frozen for after your lunch - around 1:30, then you could do Meet w/Anna & Elsa after if you like. First thing, go to Test Track, then over to Soarin(or switch depending on interests). I would do Tier 2 for Nemo and Turtle Talk at 10 and 11 and check out The Seas and my manatees! Then you will need to head across the bridge into World Showcase for lunch. When you are done you could explore some of the World if you like - cute boat ride in Mexico, and Kid Cot spots in each country to get country stamps and make crafts. There is also an Agent P adventure you can sign up for and do on your phone - like a spy mission to explore a country for kids - Germany is a good one. I would take the rest of the night off, and have some pool and down time - you will need it by then!:rolleyes:

Day 5 - if keeping BOG(if going to eat light you could pay OOP and split meals, and use your QS in evening for dinner) then do as I mentioned for your other day and head to Seven Dwarfs or other majors you have not done, or want to do again. Make FP for 3rides you have not FP yet - you can change during the week if you already got to or have things you want to do again. You will leave to head to Ohana around 11, so you could make FP for when you return.

Day 6 - After TH(great brft!) you can head right to Safari next door. (There is now a dining package for Rivers of Light show with this meal if you want to try and get it as long as offered that night - reserved seating area for night show, still 1credit for you). We like to do it first thing, then get a FP to do again later, as each ride is different. After ride, can walk Pagani Trail, then get in line for Lion King show(check timing). This is all in Africa, then you can head to Asia.

Nemo show has a FP if you are interested, and Kali River Rapids- be careful, you can get soaked - you can bring throw away ponchos if you don't want to chance it and put feet up! Also Maharajah Jungle Trek to walk. Can do Flame Tree - if you sit behind it is shaded w/great view of Everest, just watch for aggressive birds!) Pizzafari has indoor seating if you need AC. I imagine you will not do Everest ride, but if you want to, can FP or do single rider line if one of you wants to brave it! Then you will hit Dinoland if you have time - might want to do after dinner if not. Some kiddie rides and play area, carnival type.

You will need to head over to AKL around 4 for Saana - you will want to get off at Kidani. When you are done, you might want to go over to the main lodge - really beautiful, and can see animals out on the Savannah behind the lobby.(Can catch a bus heading there - just ask a CM which one).

Then you could head back for night activities if you like. There is Tree of Life lighting up, and parties in Asia and Africa with music and entertainment. Then the Rivers of Light show if you want to see it - can FP if not doing dining package.

Last day - ME will give you a pick up time the night before, probably 11am, about 3 hrs before, do best to sleep in and pack up.

Remember - you will not see everything on your first trip, so don't stress! It is a lot of walking, heat, and navigating parks, so take breaks when you need it, have a snack, watch entertainers, and don't be afraid to change the plan! Also, on your last day if you have extra snack credits or QS meals, you want to use those up. You can buy snacks to take home or on the plane, or grab QS meal for brft or even lunch to take to airport with you. If you have extra QS, you can also exchange them for 3 snack credits. Have a great trip!:earsboy:

Thank you!! This is exactly what I needed. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that all out!

Thank you!! This is exactly what I needed. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that all out!

No problem - try to give as much advice as possible to help first trips go as smoothly as possible and get the most out of your time!

I don't remember if this is still the case or not, but breakfast & lunch is usually just served in the main dining area. Dinner is when the back room is open as well as the main dining (and also where the rose is).

Nope, you are misremembering.....All the rooms are open at Breakfast and lunch

Nope, you are misremembering.....All the rooms are open at Breakfast and lunch

I think then that there was a time that this wasn't the case. You can certainly walk through the other rooms, but not for dining. I can believe that's changed with time though :)

Day 1 - Sunday
Arrive at Art of Animation by 11:00am
Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 5:30pm

*Which park should we go to? Or should we go to Disney Springs or stay at the resort? If we’re going to a park which rides should we try to get fast passes for?

If you feel up to it, go to Magic Kingdom. Schedule FP for 1P, 2PM and 3pm.

I would try for Meeting Town Square Mickey FP first. He is right at the Park entrance and what a way to start the trip!
The other 2 FP I would try to just stay in one section of the park. Since you have breakfast in Fantasyland on other days, maybe focus on Frointerland, Adventureland or Tomorrowland.
JungleCruise and Pirates? Big Thunder Mountain and Splash?

Day 2 - Monday
Hollywood Studios
Dinner reservations at Sci-Fi at 4:30pm

Fastpass Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. If the girls will ride Tower of Terror FP that, if not, FP the Frozen Sing a long. FP is really not needed for the show, but you can get slightly better seats with it. As soon as you use FP #3, try to make #4 for Fantasmic.

Hollywood Studios is not known for its quick service unfortunately. Any chance you would do a late breakfast that day? A breakfast worthy of just a snack to get you to 4:30 dinner?

Day 3 - Tuesday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:10am
Dinner reservations at Crystal Palace at 5:55pm

FP 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan and something else in the nearby vicinity (Fantasyland). After you have used #3, check the app for #4 in another part of the park. We love Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

Day 4 - Wednesday
Epcot
Lunch reservations at Akershus at 12:05pm

*I’m not sure if we will be here the full day. I assume we’ll start at park opening and be finished by 3. Wondering if we should keep park hopper and go somewhere else this afternoon? Also what fast passes we should try to get.

Definitely Fastpass the Frozen ride. Try to get FP for Frozen at 10:30 to 11:30 so that you are sure to make it to your lunch. Other FP can be any tier 2 attractions that strike your girls interest. I would rope drop this park and head straight to Soarin. This park might surprise you, there is a lot of exploring to be done. If you want to go back to the resort after lunch to swim and relax, you might want to return to World Showcase for dinner. Epcot has some of the best quick service meals available on property. Then stay for Illuminations

Day 5 - Thursday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:05am

*Fast pass suggestions? Quick serve suggestions for lunch & dinner?

Any chance you can switch BOG to lunch? Breakfast there is ok, but really doesn't warrant a second visit in one trip. Maybe do your Ohana breakfast this day? Plans this day are dictated by what you accomplish on day one and 3. Next week, make a Fastpass for 7 dwarves mine train again, and make FP for what ever you haven't planned for yet. Be prepared to re -evaluate these Fastpasses on the evening of Day 3. Is there something the girls want to do again? Is there something that you missed on the other 2 days? There are also Fastpasses available to meet the princesses and tinkerbell if that interests them

Day 6 - Friday
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast reservations at Tusker House at 8:15am
Dinner reservations at Sanaa at 5:00pm

*I’d really like to try Flame Tree for lunch. But we really want to get to Sanaa too. I think maybe we’ll get a late lunch plate or two that we can share and then have the bread service and something light at Sanaa. I could pay out of pocket for Sanaa and then have the table serve credits left for Ohana. I’m also looking for fast pass suggestions.

Check to see if you can change your Tusker Breakfast to a Rivers of Light Breakfast. If not see if you can get a FP for it. I'm gonna make a crazy suggestion and say to make your Sanaa reservation for 1pm. Leave AK in the busiest and hottest part of the day. Come back after lunch when lots of other people are leaving the park. Depending on hunger, get 1 or 2 plates to share at Flame Tree when you feel peckish.

If you get ROL Tusker Package, Fastpass Safari, Kali River Rapids and if the girls are up for it, Expedition Everest. If you don't get the package, arrive at the park by 745AM, you will be let in with the other early diners, check in and you might get seated early. Ask for your check as soon as your server takes your drink orders. Pay then and there. Enjoy your breakfast but try to get out of there before the rope drop crowd gets there. Ride the Safari immediately after breakfast. FP ROL, Kali and Everest. If your girls don't want to ride Everest, then FP #3 can be Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, or Mickey and Minnie meet (or the safari of course)

Day 7 - Saturday
Breakfast reservations at Ohana at 7:30am
Flight leaves at 2:00pm

*Do we have enough time to have breakfast here on departure day? Someone mentioned that with our flight leaving at 2pm that we will be picked up by the Magical Express by 10am. We will get a taxi back to AOA after breakfastbut are we cutting it too close with a character meal on this morning?

If you are scheduled to leave the resort at 10 AM, I would stick around the resort that morning. Like I said before, try to book Ohana in place of one of your BOG

Last edited:
Just chiming in on BOG. You really only need to eat here once to see all of the rooms. While you will eat in one room (and you can pick which room you eat in for breakfast and lunch), you can walk around and see all of the rooms. I would drop one of your BOG breakfasts and try to get an early O'hana so you can eat breakfast and then head to the park without a lot of back and forth.

Lots of great advice here. The only thing I would add is to trust that you did your work ahead of time and stop working once you're there. One of the biggest complaints that people have about Disney is that they are overwhelmed or that they don't get to experience a lot due to a lack of planning. You have very clearly done your homework, and that is going to set you up for success. So when the time comes, just relax and let the plan take over and drive you, while you relax and enjoy the ride. And probably most importantly of all, just because it's on your plan doesn't mean you have to do it. In the end you'll be happier taking a rest and missing the last few rides on your list than you will just going through the motions.

Have a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter