Me, my son, and a little hurricane named Matthew. (Updated 4/6 -- F&W time!)

The update with NO photos

How does this even happen?

I left you with a photo of the ASMo food court jam-packed, and the news we were tired and cranky. On the bus heading back to ASMo I was trying to follow what was going on with social media and alerts, learning basic information like the parks were going to be closed the next day -- Friday.

In the back of my mind I was trying to mentally reshuffle our plans. ("Okay, tomorrow we were supposed to be at Epcot. Let's move that to Saturday, we'll stick with HS for Sunday because I don't want to lose the 50s PT dinner, we'll stick to just MK on Monday and since we are going to MNSSHP, we'll spend the morning at MK and take a break and then go back for the party in the evening.")

The reality is it took a lot longer for me to figure that plan out.

I was bummed about our FEA FP for Epcot knowing we probably wouldn't be able to get one on Saturday at such a last-minute notice. I also had a work meeting on Tuesday morning, and while secretly hoping it would be cancelled, I planned that if that happened, we would hit Disney Springs Tuesday morning before our departure.

There were a lot of if/then/when plans, and everything was undecided until the storm passed. In all honesty, the one plan that never crossed my mind was that we could be stuck at ASMo for the rest of our trip because the parks were all closed.

Whew.

We arrived at ASMo and waited, again, in the world's longest line at the main desk, where I enquired about picking up our GG order. It turns out I was in the wrong line and wasted that time by being in the wrong spot, and needed to go to bell services.

No worries, it turned out to be a good reason to be in the line. The CM told me that all resorts and their restaurants would be closed on Friday; we should plan tonight to have enough food in our room as the food court was closing around 7pm, and there was going to be a mandatory lockdown for all guests on Friday and we would be confined to our rooms until an all-clear was given.

Whaaaaaaaat???

Oh, and there were box lunches for sale in the food court, on a first-come, first-served basis.

There was a lot more mental planning going on at that point. I had ordered PopTarts, water, chips & hummus, and bananas from GG, and was able to get the order dropped off in our room. We went to the food court and looked at the box lunches (ham sandwich, chips, apple, cookie) and grabbed two of them, even though they were a ridiculous price at $12 per box.

The food plan was:
- PopTarts and fruit for breakfast
- Ridiculously over-priced box lunches for lunch
- go to the food court at dinnertime and buy a pizza; we'd eat two slices for dinner, and the other half for dinner the following night.... and also buy two giant cupcakes, and eat half on Thursday for dessert, saving the remainder for Friday.

We went back to the room and watched the news for awhile.

(Knowing we were flying into a hurricane, I actually packed a few torches [flashlights] in our luggage. The mousekeepers at ASMo dropped another torch/flashlight off in all rooms while cleaning them on Thursday.) There were periodic messages that came through on the phone in the room providing updates, and at some point we needed to buy the pizza so we went back to the food court at 6pm... and holy mackerel, this is the what the food court looked like:

gatordawg619.jpg

Guests who stayed at the parks until 5pm returned to chaotic pandemonium.

Let's see... there was the woman who bought about twenty box lunches. There was also a family who bought at least ten pizzas.

The food was flying off the shelves, the box lunches were all claimed and there was a lot of drama about those, too. (Apparently there is no standard to box lunches at WDW; some resorts had good box lunches like ours... other resorts just had bread with one slice of ham, and a small side. This may have also been because they didn't expect everyone would go box lunch crazy and had to make box lunches on the fly.) Pretty much everything was starting to get cleared out. And
then, the guests who were at Disney Springs for dinner until the last possible minute returned to basically nothing left on the shelves.

It took us an hour to place an order for our pizza and pick it up. The CMs were honestly doing the best that they could with the demand, and it was rather saddening to witness the level of crazy that people exhibit when there is a potential emergency.

We ended up getting the refillable mugs, and spent the evening going to and from our room and making the most of the drinks (Sprite! Hot chocolate! Lemonade!) and also just people-watching, too. It was a good thing we left the park at 2pm, because I felt confident we would be okay.

At some point we were just resigned to staying in the room; the food court closed, and we were prepared and ready to spend Friday in the room.

CJ has the ability to sleep well in hotels, and I do not. It was a fitful night of sleep and every few hours I kept watching the Weather Channel to see where the storm was and if it made landfall. Our room had a failed window seal, so even when I tried to peek out the window throughout the night I couldn't really see much. It sounded loud and wild, but I wasn't exactly too sure what was going on outside and the damage there would be.

Eventually, daylight came... and it was good.

Coming next -- The day WDW was closed...

Last edited:
Thanks! It sucks because he'll see the photos and say, "that's where you were mad at me!"

Ahh, parenting guilt is the worst kind of guilt.

And yes, AK is my least-favourite park. I'm working on our Oct 2017 trip and decided I'm okay with AK being the first park we visit and being there a few hours. I suspect I'll stick with that unless all the reviews of Pandora come back to be outstanding and then I'll shuffle it with another day or go ahead and get Park Hoppers.

Yes parenting guilt is horrible. Bit we jist need to remember that we do the best we can.

Thats so good you will be going back in October:-).

I think Pandora might make another trip to AK worth it.

Wow things looked crazy in preparation for Matthew. Shame about having to be confined to your room but safety is the key.

Well looks like you have everything undercontrol.

I remember watching youtube videos of people in florida and in the parks in the lead up to it and the shelves in most shops being out of water, food and gas.
Even watched one of someone staying on disney property and being moved from AKL to Pop for safety.

Found the food at Pop over priced too. A ham cheese sandwich to go from the fridge was $8 if I remember right. A few occasions we grabbed those because we didnt want the other food on offer. It always cost more to grab food from the fridge. I was amazed at the cost for fresh fruit we are spoilt here in Aus with fresh produce prices.

I can't believe they charged so much for the box lunches...

Glad you were able to get food! And that you had GG! We always get some stuff from GG. It helps for breakfasts on the go and snacks back in the room!

I wonder if everyone was to be lockdown... Like at Wilderness Lodge, there are interior hallways, could they move around the hotel or no? Technically you can get to Roaring Forks but I am guessing they closed it anyway?!

I really wonder what Disney would have done if they had actually had major damage and like you said, had to close the parks more than just the one day. What would they have done for all those people staying there with nothing to do!?! Thankfully you didn't have to find out.

I remember watching youtube videos of people in florida and in the parks in the lead up to it and the shelves in most shops being out of water, food and gas.
Even watched one of someone staying on disney property and being moved from AKL to Pop for safety.

Found the food at Pop over priced too. A ham cheese sandwich to go from the fridge was $8 if I remember right. A few occasions we grabbed those because we didnt want the other food on offer. It always cost more to grab food from the fridge. I was amazed at the cost for fresh fruit we are spoilt here in Aus with fresh produce prices.

Yes! It was crazy. It gets like that here in Indiana before there is a snowstorm (milk + eggs + bread + TP) but it is one of those things you don't think about when you are on hols. Disney has always had inflated prices (and I get it; I have the choice to eat where I want and put my money where I want it to go... and if I'm at WDW and paying for park tickets or paying to be onsite, I'm going to take advantage of the most convenient food because I'm spending so much on all the other stuff) and sometimes that means just nodding your head and agreeing to the crazy box lunch prices.

It was actually a lesson learned for future trips, to just make sure we always have water and at least some snacks on hand. We had time to prepare for the storm... if it was some other horrible situation, we may not have had a chance to plan.

As for the price of fruit in Australia, I still laugh at the time my brother/SIL couldn't stop eating bananas over here. We pay about $1/kilo!

I can't believe they charged so much for the box lunches...

Glad you were able to get food! And that you had GG! We always get some stuff from GG. It helps for breakfasts on the go and snacks back in the room!

I wonder if everyone was to be lockdown... Like at Wilderness Lodge, there are interior hallways, could they move around the hotel or no? Technically you can get to Roaring Forks but I am guessing they closed it anyway?!

I really wonder what Disney would have done if they had actually had major damage and like you said, had to close the parks more than just the one day. What would they have done for all those people staying there with nothing to do!?! Thankfully you didn't have to find out.

Yes! I love GG! I was just looking at the website last night and trying to decide what we want to have delivered for our trip in October. It's kind of easy when it is just two people and I can control the cost more, so really, having the food for breakfast just helped me be a bit lazier in the morning and eat a bagel on the way or let C eat a pop tart.

And what I learned was that the hotels that had interior doors didn't have the same restrictions as the moderates and values. They had more of an ability to roam, but there was concern about the glass at the Contemporary and 'what if' speculation.

We were also told that we should only contact the front desk if there was a true emergency; CMs were volunteering to stay and work through the storm but there was a skeleton-crew and it wouldn't be the normal service like you would expect.

Last edited:
And what I learned was that the hotels that had interior doors didn't have the same restrictions as the moderates and values. They had more of an ability to roam, but there was concern about the glass at the Contemporary and 'what if' speculation.

We were also told that we should only contact the front desk if there was a true emergency; CMs were volunteering to stay and work through the storm but there was a skeleton-crew and it wouldn't be the normal service like you would expect.
I can only image the craziness it must have been behind the scenes for people working there. There is ALOT of logistics to work out! I am sure they had "plans" in place but it was probably different to actually excute the plans!

Wow... I'm so sorry you had this hurricane on your vacation... but it does make for possibly the most exciting, suspenseful trip report I have ever read! I hope your day on lockdown turns out okay!

I can only image the craziness it must have been behind the scenes for people working there. There is ALOT of logistics to work out! I am sure they had "plans" in place but it was probably different to actually excute the plans!

Yes --- apparently there are "ride out teams" that volunteer to work something like 70-hour shifts. They have to be able to do various duties like lifting and carrying sandbags, and they are basically the only onsite crew should there be some sort of widespread issue. The ones at ASMo were amazing, though!

Following along

Thanks! I'm actually baffled that there are people reading --- but it's been great re-living our memories.

Wow... I'm so sorry you had this hurricane on your vacation... but it does make for possibly the most exciting, suspenseful trip report I have ever read! I hope your day on lockdown turns out okay!

You're so sweet! Everyone at Disney was great, IMHO.

I know there were a lot of people who were upset and felt like they were gauged by the box-lunch debacle or had to buy emergency food... only for the food courts to open the next day. No one forced guests to buy those things and Disney had a responsibility to act conservatively given the forecast, but our food cost was very small in comparison to the others who went crazy buying food or used insane amounts DDP credit for box lunches (and then not really needing to eat them), so my perspective is probably very different.

I was just honestly happy to be in Florida. Everything else was gravy.

The sky is awake so I am awake!

We woke… and we were both alive!

The storm did not make landfall in Florida as originally predicted. Hooray! (I’d be a horrible, callous person, if I didn’t acknowledge the severity of the hurricane throughout the Bahamas, Haiti, and even in South Carolina. It was a miracle that Florida did not experience the full force of the hurricane like those other areas.)

Our rooms were still on lockdown; we ate our breakfast and spent the morning being a little lazy until, bless our souls, we heard voices from the outside.

55709006.jpg

There were people! Real, live people!

They were walking with suspiciously hot beverages in refillable mugs!
And they were walking outside and defying the lockdown rule!

AND... THEY HAD HOT, CRISPY BACON!

Apparently I’m a bit of a ding-bat, because I didn’t pay attention to the message light on the phone. I was so engrossed in the weather channel and checking out Facebook that I missed the news that the lockdown was lifted, guests were allowed to break free from the chains of value-resort oppression, and the food court was open and providing a limited menu.

There was nothing going to stop us from escaping the room with the broken window seal and examining the area ourselves!

(Here is a quick little FB live video I did… but you can only watch it if you promise to not laugh at my accent--if you are Australian, you will say I sound American; if you are American, you will say I sound British-- just know that I have a butchered accent and I sound more Australian when talking to my family, I sound more American at work. It's one of the struggles of not being a native.)

So, that was the extent of the damage. I heard the giant Bo Peep fell over at AoA, but ASMo was spared any characters falling down.

More importantly, sayonara poptarts and cold bagels and box lunches, we want…

Eggs and bacon!
(It was almost noon by now, so let’s just consider this brunch.)

So, amusing story that is probably only amusing to me: I was in line at the food court. It really was a skeleton crew of staff, and we had been told that they were trying to do the best they could with what they had on hand, because there was no plans for the truck with the resort's daily food delivery to arrive. I told the CMs I would like the breakfast platter, and the male CM grabbed a huge plate and piled eggs and about twenty pieces of bacon on it… and then walked away into the kitchen.

I thought, wow, this is really great value.

Only he didn’t return.

I kept wondering what he was doing with my food. Was he looking for syrup? The bacon looked really crispy… was he trying to find some fresher pieces?

I finally said, “is he, uh, ever coming back?"

Turns out the food wasn’t for me at all. The CMs were giving me weird looks as to why I was standing at the counter and not ordering anything, but it turned out they didn’t even hear my order.

They finally put together a plate for me (without twenty pieces of bacon) and we sat and shared the platter for our lunch.

C3L73Og3UzV_99Ax4fGoInU52EwWDmEufiyiOIay7Mu4qKRTXQvKrcGOVxfam4gHT1ZxL-lYplUBHQcsQuUVOyQkQdYipMUqQcQaU-AD7Mimx4UA2H5Hna2jd9xmpCe0lRpzlVFNSrB1Dr98YDJtC4-6c_JKC8s3nz9vzu2XaI1KN-fU04fpo-ZpwOe86-T5DSsXtBOmgamgHNHErVEODJCQsgrKUxJl_cEZ9-KFQ3eob2ft9yLXDFt7oclSOtKXb7qHr8c3Xh-RJ0owhINTRoHtMBW1M3Mmg_lX5YzHTlLmDwMEgGGNf-As0uUhUNW9tiIj1sRpwqgLea4fiowD7yTD7Mkab7veiO0AI-s7V5KBGJ53OYZd1JvbFs-T3HrInGBbBbYJZKmADmw5DZ_zrYzdjWFE8HlQ09rMlAgvysvxTIACf_Oo3grnhjsaxfOQfSAOtJnEC2-GKPRQ5iiaxZG1EnOun6HByEarvcWpdUfnP4gCmoy9E3JMKi8xkV0J8Wvi8gSVjlmG0MVRAO0bmjim3Y95IBlLTqCYCpaoSYAP5XI8ugpF9g-7GJdISNksZIC2JyUeURFYPvuxFVKwfA2JyZnZQjDfQyLNKyhqsdJ5ZlsvlDoG=w630-h839-no

I was paying attention to social media, and reading that resorts with interior restaurants were up and running on limited menus, they had movies and crafts going on in the lobbies, and seemed to all be having a fantastic indoor camp-out.

(Note: This was how 'busy' it was in the food court, so word was spreading that the building was open.)
jsCnyAt4nNEPPxhkSAIiKX4bskPW1YTtFxS0TcJhAexWdXGQ-bxxQa5Q7rpmiBJ-rrD3iT8wNVRyIu4OKThdDdHXbjr_iLF1d_9V7WMGNSuVtRb0Am0mNLffgLR0X3EavIkX6jagSu3Mhtp1t3fa7W2gBvtTToiEpSKHSq96CCaiP9oezIg86MF3mU9L42jdRKqQpAzl9lF5DSI0aPCl0GEQADynqQi2Wle676znFzVUIh3QZ2mrFOrZUkEzxFccA-M-T0ScxAslRZPZIg0NOU3Vjmr1tMf6Xi6hHP6Z71WytzI0_-rxX-pHeTb4l1htqMZ4diD4iQPLiDCTGCnaMEb8AJdKTtthwrDrF2NkGWVk_YoDw4aj7s2ZLQBcqcf84PrFffwLnTv2IW3aKVYJyCy8t2JdLZ_smJ8itBrSO6LILhGF2G5_6oOg2dVCX00Cm0tVxbfuAlsG68Ls6UUsRoWk5TVP4xnmoMXZJqs2FtIEhWtR7GyvbPRQchM4okhm6dReElhjBUVxFC_95_jHN6D_VzwIHruZPUDIoSXs_4iUSmUiSFDyyQZARLc6CK78mjhxDLH9RVp3Ruj1PO8EQiEKHTrwLMx_AW5Wj2j-yTOIuw6YFl_x=w1080-h608-no

I then heard a rumour that the arcade was providing free games for the day.

Do you know what the love language is of an 11-year old boy?

Free.
Arcade.
Games.

dGaFKoC4ck4_346IzWsMDqxutpAHS6aEbV1WojNV9jVFu6e8fhJt0qkSb0mKh5G-xDmNIuwPDP3TbqwjNTlh5M09HIG4dIfjllGLrYhq1d0oOqmijtLgWgVVyJn6prE5uHSS3AX2M_DxzgFRhiMV3MluFiOKZI1SPvbSV_8jirDxWNQU2zEoItZLuyqleKYBssEKyHqoEo5BWA_PIsWsB8DCWQFj2eUY2DX7ik9LOX97NscwLhj3pJB7NFdCRvoEd9Aa7HYQaWT12EdPg6oVm72kTyqdsDmayptQfSXCuY4qJdws-XWTco5wVrPU02XZ9daFu2hE0Mqg0JUuKc51aZ49OZxeG7rDvepnDU4u3IqKq_M-5ssWoE6ojBPZ7RGOLRs460Zrw7kVauU23vaeDIi-t9jLnQS50wNy5SqSvWvWTy2qM9mvJSxAAIQKXWsxC8_HZDcimX2ZOsEhycJrhXQ-mMYa7rVs23oTLCtyO8-ak9_YuZMAnUAdnp3elzsRuOsvWK4C_oqWFIFd3Ufxw2wmyiO_OgdFiE726dxiWMwu_vBbdvjFvm-cW7FIzbwyU4qYmA_ceFXBq-JlQa4wEfdxnmDiCuCse5Ef2hlxH1peZxcp=w630-h839-no

j3fql7eBr46w7o_P_gft1cXHbFJyXl0cj6e8zAUbj_uKOLTSjPMw_7oudKgEeCU6SKEc0Ee1uFx8j25uvngIhhcsnigLquzYEophISTfhpFodoWuYdgv0cVLtyTlJzOgZjgCmWfAnpdGLVi3Y7D70F2vXwhMM_cydK-D4OntrfyoxfvG3sLDRFsoOv8nC-SwuGKpEKXREuwnWVQSM6MD1zfDVmXIsfyekMfSkJdMU-XNvBIgAZAqaT5urf9eEPBPkgdR8qg5U8TcmBnUT2ZMT_W-XUuDwoTTlELnjXold2WtVHFXzk3Vb0D54EwVVtU-Euc1lvRosLtOZyLQYiDu1UsT3_f44ddBROPwc6MFPkREWPFLhAX6nFRuhV0sG0HI8wT6EvrM210h8LTmbGCuqLuBCNWAfEsJQ6ZL1ldNX1jQsu0Lx7_2OF5Xy4MYcq5nRq63RjR3fgEPOq66huNlnRlL5bvRcv9kZY4lVGY-U_SwDHAFri_K57p1u_-0-axIa6q22kPBV1nGlOZ-hJcuKtP3yIHjiceyL07aGuWzqp1eoZIYa2x6mHmmSRFElcjjRUvblRMWhGAUNHiKcJ_fkNjh8JX9KtBI_Wf731ksK9uARo3h=w630-h839-no

RKJnMhzOrv30SkYL0GBcHm9SPc4NH9s9mav3prQtoEK4veuiRcaTxZi18qY3uNVa_ADNiaX-nqOr2EuMZjtfOb7gJ7yO-Phh-WRCHycImoYIm0ActWZyx31b5FDSH5JhAZZuv6kkaWoIW62M5RxLFFKF6eLBu1E1gd0yJRNDxfL4lR_9xUzo1vQWP_RoU5IiwimEWm_YwDUw3aXmwVEchqKxBP4cmkS0H2keWtsT5-yVXdaflEV-O74DZ1UQesGnnM6kI4gVEtYHVNLV9_-CBfL3F7lKLUyVRgr08p_D0IkKzj5T7xA5LiZWX48XegnAtFlroCZL5Q2SZBcdhkB_a3haPtEjQrawQnYeFXESS1Vi_7ulHXUCaVnYQK0IdOQB0frHCEFVC0KHbiwh3T3He63Hmfywn3xSbndU9q2cfZvRgQO5_o3dTb8WPzHl1jX-X84L058kSpfUeUgOEJ6FE-8G0jUMIJdmcbLSLmD_9WSRC2oW06MpbuyanMVpitUJUdCXNW7jcSqWeCOPoMYGoRzuH-x-zBlRbBjCgkOsdPxLE68_H7bpIHLYCTPuFJh4bx_EpMsduEF6NIZ2SXK5quIUHfhp2tIkkDo17V52JLUxFT5e=w1080-h810-no

0AvY0xMB_6TmLl7yZf_HfvLdOlci3C2y_VolzoqNkpHjsz3htNa5JlXHYMQtM7Y0IC-0CNcbTjKn2_dQGEksy4SZvPDKKGbF7zlU_TV5dpi05RIyrSSYTDoWfksJx5NILQ3Tuw49JqkvIJDAXJ-SbtNUcn2YZULstAgfmTf5foU5nPoIkZYTbnhufSTpq4v4y_5wOKKhTtxriknUZuduGfdnOHQ3F4GnAb21E8YKnZCJBIVcc3Oj8uoRvRUvwC05mNptQYHKM3fcXpglkKXYKqeRjhj9p2_VdjKqhqens4913myjvKm_-AUD_FizGBpolMxg5r9ha2AUuVQBjxD76CIrYdStVZcP4PuJg2X_TkN1lYtsl9epjUNp_ANMxEllC7SoeE7j--e6UOq-2Q_GrtsC28oaWud0l0Nmv58img9EpGkS_UyZI_fyPYw-c0-_DowyoQHaG3jZA1MtNhZpnWyrsa9XoaD6QzVqia7LwqMSpH-RlAjpxefxxeX89_hglGAvhvcW046S0RyrgN4jIt8D2C7li8qYrPTiXo5bITgCBPMeZr_GsihGRZ8Xj7ejhqK6KTZdzHGVrPHy3NaNEROGzny-4gCJPyVW-Qw7Ps-TWD59=w630-h839-no

It was impossible to get this kid out of the arcade. Impossible. So, I let him play while I hung out in the food court.

And then… then, we saw the lifeguards doing double-duty and walking around with… characters!
Goofy and Stitch and Max made an appearance.

7ROkPVedTZ0CSXcsWxIk0dZXq0fP--i-0M6OdGnwy8LcuQYXmxjmripoKo_WRISPxTzyAlwjl2mo6Z3o-l6zdTsd9PoEiSJqjKXCfrllh4w2MHJp4G46ZiHUc2anWH6FSxIPN_BrUujHNnJPJ6_gFr18hTnWJGsU8a4PaSJfa2wY0LKPIpEgc4bphDRrpvvr27loqZdomjuBLCNftZbD8va1eIaFbIcIJiQWadUYS8e2pVx5iQ1_q_IlDFXQx9qhbFhfu6hhXYdXSVYM8pVAWYVw7X5n_hCKa4K9BOAn-In5HWcwlwfdSpmpsElA_PWRBmfG8i7IrA9kAFonIJ3Ufzf_wwHZqX4M-3UmDcEn30a9d30EeDSgDX02CuLtDVjf5_8QVNfQ9WXEPqgZwrYhShIPw9chmHb_TCN2apJBiZ_DpV7JQccvMWJh-xU5VNc_1gVlfiH3Zx_podFFDwh7iSDA5ACG86wEi6hujsWhjmJK6YE5LoBjigs78t5uTeSi023zz25hlMzjfPcvPHrzDs4xW6cnFg9vtM04wQpzl25lOiHrHLoOElEAp5Th5gk0Lwu7VB8BFHoXEVcBl2pXN3zMQ3C_QfcinaiuBoBHAVK6fMCJ=w1080-h810-no

Let’s be honest and real… it was evident to the adults that these were not CMs who had trained as characters. I’m assuming they were part of the CM Ride-Out team that were stationed at each resort as the emergency crew. The characters weren’t allowed to pose for photos (hint #1) or give autographs (hint #2) and didn’t know the first thing about body language (hint #3), but if you were a child, you wouldn’t have known any different.

YZjN_XLL2aEz0DxeuKgOUOwS4oqUWLgYvGBTVYoujo8akSgsrBM8LUUdQN6HPT44CBHueheJEDi7hl7zJXGdBSDba1HAZsQYdyzOwga5hjYJ_Q_VQDs7mUW68_TJ0KW2gJYPGATf-tJMiBlEC0lTpVMI9Fpp0MZmdrGiqWGKMLtyPFlbwjJ9Pee37NaM7VJqB2OeamjUk3cE_wv0SP151kKPCZ8aDEHd8p-3tLkpDNoA-vUxvrybmxROcCPM96Msz2SV8CWST_L33RItiwiLeB-qAkp2OD05ohdy2-_EkvVbhXY_V7uJTKpm19Bd-LxA5FGMsdyn-l9Pv2qdFZxVyCIP7CViaLeAKSltUYeqnvZ6fptt8m9amWBIhr4U55YZLE4FysfvYvdztzj07JR5RnHjtf95P32TvNVFUxQaDjxJyqiURwxasen3MfiN-3MX_QERaFWGE1pKDgsI3B8myQW9biV-cFvJZcYfQdbGJDI4ptcWgqul3Qyg8i2oThOMQtJTPxcpIa4Co-SSDNv_ye_ZypIq7PefWlQ3QqgvHA079hrSkQNOCUiu40wZEpf6d03_QGN8DMMTE3_CMaBBNQdnwsf-ezzWd-nfGM4DWC6cGHk4=w1080-h810-no

CMs also set up a movie in the lobby...
2dVbR2FrQdR0AfNhPBtoK6mcuxwrjmHDIW5XGk0CcDBmbcqn0cI8-gTfDzCgsjendCX43FV63NFEK9D5ydt4HXp3eCKhx-95YNTmq8PV6plu17JIr186ItSY_HD17M8f7tqip216lmvLRtv6eO5GOisI3693u_yQ-nrkcnnAVKyPlzy-GKGrBYKZ8cMYmASgj3wciGSkQNxHhck4zagq5l4vE-F7fvivU0NYtljMBt9RjYj_DDZLorTim3hEVIotIV2vZ_hElPXTxwxmlicuVXgQCtur0Ll0c0QJrGsovr3Fiqz1u94aco4QUpUNvhR66f5ap6H-iJjwOFB3weRYijS838xhM0v5vPH77sEH7fn36ui7coYdAVDWROp9NHSN-EMEfoi6gXmpjNIdObc-aUOBCcy4NqSrQx1Bu3j7nIrUNxb4KwSRmHP5Yl2NYtyBIaNBtQCrbmyRlqFy7GfI3GzWtW0Cge7sJKjquPrYNESvFkKhdT-8rn5nKvUl5zit-izmm38BTpdM1Rh-fsnmDb7-23wDxrSKq5Rgd6Z7xoXUQmRkKbAH_0hj9oDnXteX2879GujkV5kre5aoY0icm4wHKMGce8csfNr-ET6VTGEfpyvA=w630-h839-no

and the pin trading station...
drtfUnP47Zstrao4IzetzjYmIWbUvc6eM5xrTEspMvWmVmOJBtzYDBe8S6_Jb37nBUlnQqOeCdS7NJ_ZrAifxKfIUQG1cELBGl5yH-CYmckB3dWo4Afh8ckPbCuxqH0EwScCAOIA8_Dg4SNjIOKu1fQAttpYzaJuvE609NWScdcEOVEoTBKr3t_qcl-qtiI-H4Xz0WtFGBjqGAGZAWhsNgAYxJNN_iV7UozeONfy8Ai2nEaMi0bvOD9ukSC_uAmraaYj9fdFGlplIXi4_AOX0CTamHZIKYopxEFwqSt0DrCXmZ81KYZ_5PKuZzOK4wnysitxqUunziqzDDIM3HvmlxqpntnDoDA_-IjBOiJNsUnnzfj4Yh_6hAJ8iBcNxLGg41oWq-4BybvpcMUWcWQclc6323j0s0ewTUolhMz-GgqBbCFQWSgpXWHtmfa0zXADR1e3gPX4m1z2yHdCj-wcis_4QBWvSemt8h0efkG5aVwGNHfbVrKmhJACsZINVCYr2V-3739i3SLu1MvK3f012wHut1WEktNhF8t5O5EKmRMUBNYvzH05qGofX8mdAXy43zvAROeFKnBUnUC9A4Pq7P0kGqIIk9flexoB_RzFbt3WRz6n=w630-h839-no

Giving credit where credit is due, though, Stitch was fantastic. He ran through the resort and caused havoc and insanity throughout the gift shop (attempted to steal items) and had a huge following.
or98M9s6TY1PJP2UV8x7QQl8aIg6P0FZ_8HSQ0Bui-E4RNUU_FLMxUeJwLym8ByP6mP0VU6pAAneO5rx-atEcf_kSkfv8UOY_yvcshokDmHaYJEm2tRqxaN-RtMYGkmby2G4S3QSfiZj_0vx8lAiq3b2aJA9EcwChCap0dc7KBJ9slT6Bt4RM_JRZaUqgYvIJwuUH0b-BCtqM3szFWNPmMZgamZrffsqhhEFd2jHxSXYWDSoTtwiq3lsn6cwzMLip23i05hOG_mDHYb8nvklDJb-a9J8eskHDmYGUsxx7GyWBeKurNVckjLtII6Wfpd3ljPoYyd8xuejizmar1rn2lhArETgA-oSI8mJrzDn9oOG-jnV7_D52KTrh8CMDwle4vMEkgzOOUksTe0sUrv5sWPzAstn64zPxRXGQY1Y5w3iAUv9Ohoyc13-KIdSYyMgB40SUoQwwAHYykC8Jc9JNG0yNuc5PU7_0zvBwi49hckBHOCOUinWowh6rMgciX3sQf2l066E19D4EN7_AgL_94u9OaiQqsJi5MryJ3OB4dXAifQwYE86NjTG08XF0U6bH4srPVrUpedzGP57Pydf32zO1-eMsguUeIWA7wKGq6rx7H_n=w630-h839-no

FnIqFvH-_YhYvN_L6bkXeCyJRm9MfmOrIp3Ds2Scb30MMgc3jg2WdJNldhZszo6iAJPgLxW4_ynQDJ_-0sxvk4en3NMukRcesKBdOm-XnTa_KBDQgbc7wA0-aYu71nV1AIjJ5iBzKkSkmmttrweoLR2T6NPR3P8QGpG3eWypgDStBAnVB16Rk_QSm8DpP5rQyW2z4B36mGGyoh7gWfonYpCCipK792GK6ecZ-vReFRyGrFw8nGBJPwd9YgZeDn5oRtuJ_Kjh58xxkyWT72pi-CkPFtU9lipzWnzQXEtbjRkas0AUtR9D9D8MyDEksrBwvqBgZ5CUqd8QT4y-9RJ4sgiCrKK_LC5tAu-1gAKbBStYm1uCvxMm-XNOt0blHlc0jCy3VbTagr3qN2TP10IyzI2bInH3_2hpFMT5Xh3c9Dx5S3nG58zB1FoGsi7yBBLyhhcw5VluEuQ43UR4D0MmRTVt7624gTqxK4x7j1iNw53TGENIVlqnB_g4aFJB35V2nG7Fx8LZGW31-p_8kR4UrnxBHijTJ-kgiEzXC51Px5NIoDnRYfg1KqcKRcD4m1P9aAZsseKZO2c2lYZYy52NB_Fgn6vn6IWhKNPsScPPW2-UKT6X=w630-h839-no

Early in the afternoon there was a limited lunch provided -- this sausage and potato hash was one of the items.
6Froy03vFwBgkjWLKz8j3dlxd2i6X7GwtZV9krFKKjtGiJezSS5rrmd5dY4Suo_2CosysiKc2qZ-n803EWhG97tR7dKqI4YtDOb_cWJPfAcIOxf0AfCNOd_VksccHunAw-LFMNwN9XF4hwKgA7iIfm45QrCitWKK5BXoguWWHqrEQz4MknyqBxTDkhxhlY6UxJ5kM70TW_J84UntGdGEXC7D0zA8MG_rGIb_l4IuUfAT6RRjOSsRJpOr0nx6XUZCuK6i0DaJENCa1AU_rsnrlF8J_IbRmchuBie9ntzq6MieQnyu2ZzMs25pqjj6JCiUaJnG1mXP0PYaefjgC3Bi13ohTIY5yCMfaVpK7IaCUEZAK_P6HUJUb_TD1GJ9DNVycjk8lgMRDH19NyUwHhDhj9AxTyn7BWgONtxXlguogyD88WdNWeEtwswXRQd9PsoD32alJ-RPZYh7x_fCdXCZC0ObYWEFJxzB7qfikj0Tah_huo6x5Qjtw99467PIT-0FOUICFhHCseA0FEPIjCPkGNOJo93l2vnAQ6pJl1oIF0_BzhQRDdKZYn_iTtWGf-YqcHE78_Ie4e5-yK3g5Ebc5KkfoD46E_uYIJ41iafLIFTDe0MA=w630-h839-no

It sure looked better than the over-priced box lunch, so I ordered it… CJ thumbed his nose at it, but it was kind of tasty and I was grateful to the person in the kitchen who probably looked at the kielbasa, onions and potatoes and attempted to make it into a meal.

You know what else opened? The bar by the pool!
vY8x-krMal_6-1FkDH0qS3ostg0NMQx2lG0qNwO7yY_AgHC1OgrUuNLdIos9NArXyV0qOKvxvtr7-CnZw7vzRvtlSOMXAe8NEt8wYksgoeVUZfjjOL3GYSWZD8nP1bPvWB-ReVhWGSRGV_LAwnBkVo-FM0EsJZv9rnKN1gZDej6_nwbj40NtDYbQX8qZvs2uKvQL86Gdi2pWgMEEUpXwihf1Kv4CXgYlDvhptVlkPEBTaNCMfC0TLvOvfvOzsRN0hd3NuYcgWYt_DWm0jLXGgAs8qi_CHmRZvbISbxzbiuDe00i83A53-i2kK63LNwiWn-yqMACjbyIBqzC6WIVEkq4E_yUiqc5NWP1rk13vbCb0i1tWlB4hnKdTf-7nHbMkyt83exRbF0IGzEwAxxjqR_9v6yB7yiHKIhaJoUehxFnmXaFz7SfSKPghA9jdbZtAcs4XBK0hOJCuUk8rXTMXvFs0SuV_mRmbgiMWQ7C7ysX1zOwe7wmEIOsowfsNqjq1Dz6xlrFB0K1FrE_1992nYL1D373CTKOF2w06rEE7aG63K8F4UftbvgdsmVyr-lO8_BQcbreKGvTC0ixkEbKnQdbEitSdXw4evW4eymU84qL9boYj=w630-h839-no

And guess what else happened? We were told that some restaurants at Disney Springs were going to open for dinner for resort guests! They wouldn’t honour reservations and not all places were able to open, but the buses were going to start picking up resort guests at 5pm!

We settled down for about a million rounds of bingo (never won) anything until it was time to walk outside and get in line for Disney Springs.
89kjRUbdBWu_dhCiAcAXol8sstJH7txQldStJpP_S-ZItKVjNbJgXSw1M9cAYBE2Y5fVPDu-By8bNLgwlYHluqzyGQz_Ui84npjqMFO3wD9p-i8q1zN3OP-rFLhMQf_J3wt9yas51ijLooDOMLCagL2VynKtp7ykSFVb3zhyXNrE5y0NnfXhQ4vRPndMewT1zYAKzEyaAkxgcWAEpnFnOU7jzsPVFyinFFJzqwmp49dvKnEo47v0_z7Pyl36EY_mPC3spxcxe74BA4uwp1AVgUd7h60gPEW_UTAoR6nfqVqgPtoxHZIom5RW1JUeIZyvF1zsKyJ16po7xqY-memN4KX-QKBtGteqZGXZGY0IIQ6lqluMwiyRoIUcg1ePb6CMLIX--NkGKTnTFe-WXACPmbqzC3_xocBFxRhg4wceQEQfgcZGJiqWRl8q5YiYrEPwpyc8B7hdMZODrxcul93zBJoUDC1iTr2LhVEf3FV7l4NFrhecmRauavZJNXmz0w0u34IZOtsaVn4cg8Fso02rIRH93rnAb7lDGELj56lu0QkxxpDUtEn1TOr8cCYUrPo7lFPxyIcXyYvKQl47sE8DbB4erNrCXHApU5skbl9FjQFj7sgU=w630-h839-no

cVn5Vi-BUw6mbLWfaZG8LdJ07nNLArzsn1t3GpOdtlXcDNRJ5UAXf2hxWv4K0_jQucQn1aipTDKt8FfkL2v30Mq9UtDgfA06PzP9oynIi4y99-PZY5nf-FWGrJzCEEvnJfI04VHBQ_bPnnhiA3esC_wY-0EG1F5a8FJvQUUXlK1hwRi9wi5n6TIqZKH_jbxmkOf3JwoI7XglkhlqD4RNGwIxbKCR3o_CUFupPcC93blXFQF56kz0xtByXrnwYmwVnFyiFyTvs3_EA7StEbeNETyqFjGLhrBSZ3ItJk76099ZsrCNyUxqxdtfeUbP2fsPNa905wJLXunhpq3aJ-RYGvG8vW_3gzcYWTr-4Epr9SZnACknPGXK-6ijFKfVz1C09vtMNLGLXjVcNXozxIXGk5oJ9-kz_vnZbfdlRgl0-geEzHtMZqfpDVsaMJYlFqslaDU6ACxqN47KwdvcL5UJJvIo-z8fdE_BzIekLJg4yVx8gnB8rQH3dd_b6U_wnY52KVVKtp_8RL8ZX5qUKZdN2CrM7MPsoG5yNXSEgjtr-icDwo0pI7uDJBDBrKs7BD_ubdqO7IrisCdnzEwBS6gxNwckOtTyfQMGAB3UfhkGgzAqjwo7a0E96g=w1080-h810-no

This was the line at 4:47pm for Disney Springs… and we weren’t the only people wanting to escape. It was still cloudy, rainy weather... but we were excited for a change of scenery.
MxIrIeWeEMAYPKvodHWcPdUvl4D1u1oPoVyyBRBpN23wopUbiVjb8Mmr3EVvl-Q4D6-ptWcawQKOb5S6RAwDW2O-NNtaJdmagqylLE2TCJPj_hNPhnloBJAOhGcHWOBVqCC22FZnwL28XjRwjxDexoWR9wPMNkTzB11zI6B8_BjZx5Oa5x7IkGsX1MqJOfdkjiFz4krFMps4konHhNhDyILvZ1QCvWb_dkFNnSSQwZ2y1QwmWILT2EkJtjC3dorB07kuSd_UXsyAElab0i6DVRn7kGytAGsGLdNl0w5lhFpTsHUqERf2-YhoNUuOOXUTHem64AbQ9SW2w_ycDy9t-BiaKnqYMPaxy9ijMyfzIEMpBK1QM9F4RmxzdWi1eK0Mfe0i2DNJPkML9uW1OSFWhI-N39R6v0wm-1MrCHRZwVaAQX4kytRMhhSYSCEcG3mzANoOXCM6yHO6cjOo_xhRR08wqyPnEWwmMWhzSe7XjnMwDLBvXbqa-Ff9lDgAzP1xGaNaQRDloAIXGex1t0N54XW2he4GMlRiSDzupL1cPXMSFHQzeGWVhZoGfTQ5el8U7d8bo3tOIPQ7IZz-qMdRDlWY_VFWJH13i7T7lfNfgygiEMyI=w630-h839-no

QIWRAlbomkxmdb_DXTAFPCSHKi8hX16ZwHlIGRfT6CxtpQp4-zQxwzEcC7ePeLlrPGUmn6QFyaBc3edHToeP2yY3YdWDcciaUMExRk_yyMVyCFweaQ22Lwt58JK0hUPgzbVyvc_8ODyw6btCCT6L9neywyN38hq69BQ6xYQnCAr8qfbQeVAOEQeuz5_0m783oUKRf1PaGx3thK86lOYGw-BMXFWFlmDDeznSyotlL2TQ0kC-tWTYau-IlqhW-KRrTf-KzuMfeQMmLj_vn7fTJ6eFX0-XLQENMzpDrTwh-wx-h3CTH07FYVu1FuOR-G1WedX_UQWvQojp7jyXXUdem0L5CujhAmpY5MiFbzZqSt8IuE8JezKx3KbgyiwFpO98zrWAUAA0UPzzrckWG_pRbspXNrs3dNvFTdeJO-W10hmC4Bf0kVUfExpXYxLSZD9fH7oBzEcX8quCbDfKOM9V5KhlDRKvRYFcc2pfOPBDgcir61VVsTAn-bxaS7Xrvtnzmt31hX8WMrmSUyLKpyuQRijGRKUSs1ULFcyxMUvgv-yupMIh9kiTM9v_8J2zdT5RNT3-A9tVtu6bk5lvI_XlCeJymP7F6_F74yKU4i3lllZF01B9=w630-h839-no

Overall, it was actually a fun day. We weren't stuck in the room, we had hot food, and we were entertained. The CMs really did a spectacular job at making a miserable situation turn into something fun.

Coming next -- so, you want to eat at Raglan Road?

Last edited:
All caught up! I remember reading your PTR and I'm glad you've come back to fill us in with how it went. I totally understand the Disney burnout now! We went in November and I've only written 2 days on my TR and just finished my vacation video. I think I just spend so much time planning and obsessing and the trip itself was so exhausting, I needed a few good months to recover before I wanted to relive it.

I love that you went to MK for 2 hours your first night! Your son is so handsome and he seems like a good sport. I'm so glad the hurricane didn't ruin your vacation and it seems like you fared as well as could be expected.

All caught up! I remember reading your PTR and I'm glad you've come back to fill us in with how it went. I totally understand the Disney burnout now! We went in November and I've only written 2 days on my TR and just finished my vacation video. I think I just spend so much time planning and obsessing and the trip itself was so exhausting, I needed a few good months to recover before I wanted to relive it.

I just read through your TR! Keep it up. I love reading about everyone's experience... and can now appreciate how much effort goes into TRs.

I love that you went to MK for 2 hours your first night! Your son is so handsome and he seems like a good sport. I'm so glad the hurricane didn't ruin your vacation and it seems like you fared as well as could be expected.
Haha! Have tickets, will visit. ;)

And I think he's a cutie. He's a pretty fantastic travel partner as long as I don't force him into the car and drive somewhere. He is a hater of road trips. ;)

So, you want to eat at Raglan Road?

At 5pm this was the sign at ASMo.
g28i-83a4GQqXwlQeyl9dtm8zdQeL9Us8hVMq4UfcmX1YCj1VL4FMs01QBa7AI-SAugu5zKdLs76CezWNNghYhrcfg7A35ule6UGbjbaaMx2jpRiOhpJ9vJWyHCr07kmIzKzH6FVBYw1-KrT5FiOGMFJXQiVVeZ7MhfQQUQXEPDP5-cCJ78uGrFB-y3ovCQ97xOmcv9AoeDXWFRzvGlivsY5VWhgiEVRzVJr_Ido1_l4P6KsnE5qX4_xYhbnooFyDtyA-LfCIIXPemGLxDcaQiTVpdyZe-d758RYCNXgyjp6kbaik7F5YpGDevuqVLQQHaK8r14j9N5a6ZKS95VUSw4JvoaXpjv6UglpsFQ3QB2v-EWObO6LzoTsWy3NCtost5I0upJH1ttCfYfVKBFcUyX4kaofhUVxSPxks6o6OTghIJlxPYSOAaLCP_-q-RCATGZRa6bAlJoIX0lIVWzNhYB7oIArI4gWmGGCtxsPX7jLb0VRWPI1JPMO7FnPj6_bjKypAcPCJv4qZNKtPbGN5HqfntFcl5myYtk9bRhTfrkoWyeMEBXj47x52OJ1mMWBA-29gN_JqgQ2yE1Ap8Iqa9zRpaHK0gyRK8bCP0sO4ZxL16VaSy-7=w1080-h810-no

It didn’t take long for us to squeeze into a bus and head out to Disney Springs, and CMs handed out these little pieces of paper advertising what was open.
Epua3qiVUlGao8xRdOF_iekpwyNZrjKjWE-iFkZjsirBFqObOzEVwjfN0TxLqedfqBBaGSzCjWuNDnk1fUCUV9GeKLPA57Kg7JzXdZ0Tx6_YmTM8oPVx1cJ5sJW5voQ_jO089Gbtmmh_BgKETV8W8n1e1reJc6i2EpycQnf__jLipsT3Tg6P-0bMnCDVElM_m0lRPdv7IuPP33er54O9PNZKlD4mOmMr2aBfF1fl2PhLzReESdJLq32lk1DOAm-mToGZPGaz4QdquBNzvO0jGkQsCQcgCZFMGAjWR4vuDgAtte6yqq02-cUj9h4T2Comx2a5XVke2QLmiH2s6fjicJxGs121iUbGQJHAlDvIOm5Qa_iy-PYRunb1OVBoysAIai5_o-DVELJcsyuNHFK-8SxkY_qQ7uvK2ZOLUcRworYjlNjj4Evr9neJl1LYfDwLLPvh0jEfsJmYoaLB4gg6G-pUIGdK4VBATrOenwPyY-ZraxF3i4igZZXTszPp_pcTDyG_ocxtjglyifsZgN1yZOpPFk9YIaX-Lm0d2nd99y3h16K0SEvebBsbeDJcNdHlwBNLctn98nh0-wHcDBFm5HKbGWnSV29Gjn3nisedzrntvqNZVN0s=w472-h839-no

Disney Springs is beautiful… let’s get that straight, but it isn’t laid out for directionally-challenged people to figure out where they are going. We were in such a rush to head over to Raglan Road that I didn’t really pay attention where the bus unloading was (oops) and was more concerned taking photos and eating dinner and avoiding the rain.
jIu1sTUnRxoO0QbhvDdOE-DG2584tSgYDB42WHAWsoTgOuupRdY3bAZPDKUgCtDoAF5UXl5GcF9eO34qp07vf6KfTHJskg65-8NOSaRq3bYrhDm0_eyEIhjcEi9w-aaws1w2ROm5O0p3DzBuAaqFLzeRm-TETk39tX1VUVf8bCfXW0I-ZqmykLobCEoGKJhXoP0RJKMEQF71eb704HpNWSi0yYUqVQ4X_8E7Mlqq0qybuZEvGffW-PLPT1QAy20FHKhpi9tSpvR9-ayL59u_soekoq7I2Pwdog0fHB9y8JXsgNJnxUP0gcZDHCkmwJzegLaxXutGVGbGIQMk-lS2lUeYtafoWe1_hwlrSgox2gmHRHxRgxFKtbq-K-nC_wrq30RASiRAG5dztgX2xc-LLnpNMIls5_l91lbcUR-zbi4kG2f3fB4MqYz4JpCgvq3xv1gG9na3YJBCTHJldwFAbS4Qvu3_OKttrgsgb_8yiEs99l8lNSGDjN22epVSxCqMI53O1FNX4DUnOYMn3smdd84LZbPAXiH5UyKbVhpZtRSUe5AftRTfjVsxXjIe842FW5aJ7gZK06RDPI8y82ucskAeQA9RNmOGZqgnuIAg1plliL92BarC=w630-h839-no

At 5:30 pm we were in the end of the line at RR, which was scheduled to open at 6pm…
hxKY-QuX8lH7cmKIcAuvARm2W90jrTjDn4NEad8AuQXzlDarSauoPY4XKB1uPmBRs5V_rfxxU1MZJceEZ6KEySPo8SDdtITd-K-CQrqL-M14bBYDzW3QBW10OSa_HkuVa4ifDpgLBFfCVtXBjSkW3fXN1GgfCISPrko49LLJI7IwYNHfteHWevXe7fPwLlY7rPiEVuMuFdyJ-xjxlVR-l1jz5R3rMGKVpKZk9IFwt7IUu1ubGVXaqD1IWHPtrIm4RuusLLUk6tQtRnhUNW11aD45SoPAymf3-pMsiNAEM0nhFaEp0NBoBZJTyc5ThRs7ZUV5lDR4sCMfyeRpUOaMXGWQRJYCiC-ADxkOI4Z5e8nYoy0taRCRlcc1T2E85gT_8d4JDngszldnNUMCrrcBiVpWt2vQavyWkGQLDSQ_N4Zj7pw9IoMq1IU62y0m0NaaCDYdPqifflXux6XdsSzKa_YVj1lUtAWacxQdODyykvrbASEZOTtiajVAM5kXEXtI7dPohtjfAKk6XgBIiVDDPvh7EVXfpfX-fJ8eDSKXpRscHk2hSYZfCCfDgMT4ez8UysZAWVQV2d2tUC0nqM3uoovb4zoRk-NMe1eWCTS2nzykyVH2r9xv=w630-h839-no

...and this was where we were in line.
Ti37gIasiR_3vXAC1XXRSW2oOlWSLrH4W1notR-ejOAlWr-TSv7hJlNMlTz-XLFgx2YxzIDK41l6vrPtyB4LeToJiDQ-nQKESSppO8Furiz3stZR2KZ0A4Hok2jzhFrL6EthgDkX5yw-z6yZrQ9AorFm8BvLJUSwh99ZI4GDDoYWvPzjO4Xj6__yjcbW9ZrHKzSSHKX8OeAqJrnP5nptOFW2l19LVE3Sxoh8MDg-P6SN358PD_f2MYnu8UR_OUEgvI1-C9tsSkJqlT__XaLRu8owJYC6hT7y869cMx0vsdfAKIKIG8f4GkZtmiH4IwzMUy19Z8w59NfeVf2ik-iDQnTncmOV2kra8NopDjXJzUHPPuCFwit-CAmrsyDRkdFeN_yk7Q5l_ZH3JTS6WSt4OL6ZNpb9aStXzhFJc5DzKNSzk3aBpzAmgHF0wrsp_5hJGR6gC57RugYFAUJyfYxMAi-tTePD5DhilMXlkn_mrLB9cXV9eQlNrIl2YXaTGGn4bYc-7IoikECJUEvorv0IFtLdIey6CsyjicJplOetDye3VqwXtnVfYmHNDZft55rA3uqxEckLmcY1U89QXtzxhrr62RybyjiNT3SvoLjpOtJ_BLDrTGQ5=w630-h839-no

Staff came out and were Facetiming with friends to show how long the line was and we also had time to have good conversations with people in line. The family ahead of us ended up bowing out of the line, and then we were near some CMs who were nice and friendly. They had been over to DisneyQuest which had free entry for the evening, but there was a two-hour wait for entry; they then went to T-Rex (as equally long of a line) before settling on RR.

The doors were opened at 6pm, and we were still outside in the drizzling rain. RR staff came through the line periodically and asked if anyone was able to sit at the bar, as there wasn’t a wait if your group was 21+. Our newfound CM friends bailed on us to eat at the bar (I don’t blame them), and eventually we made it to the head of the line and I thought, yessssssss, we’ve made it.

The groups ahead of us were seated (so many friends were jumping in line with placeholders… it was kind of obnoxious) and then, the couple ahead were sent away with a buzzer.

And then we were given the Buzzer of Doom, with the news to not walk too far, and that also we’d be looking at a 60-90 minute wait.

Sixty. To. Ninety. Minutes.

fqpoU1_m51UGxEbjRvF58tytTuZSHYO6CE6KnK6kqQTgQApZE2bBp9FXCQFIZlygzqdDPMTnblBn3_uup2cj2gn_8-8w2O1ASnto8vsqIelGHG3qcgE8_A4akLa4vw_cb7jlNB2ujvKqyR7NWtYvx3aGoHLqO8AF87e18-5lyvL5repv_mmaO4ZFLgHzrMBxYPVrL_hPOWLYtNfDZlWLyarJU5pqvCELpYjQvbWyWrnMGvK0c_W8f5MRLM3Kfb53pkf97y-N0NJ_PNJ_LFmJbBiqhmFrFn5ovYGVY1Lc2aRQDg9Fgk_fe53naawxOC88Rb9a5u3LJprqPqHNA7GlikZH8UZe9MNk25e6wEx-kSowjksXPpPMgpPBajN2imgiUyfuBo4emhKtmrkAM94KfSSeTvJWGyQbptyzEFfcQIb4K3mPyUEDwHNJn_wztpBl6IneQ_2QawTGFla0_02-ZbJDap_kkOaYcNV9vw1GEbIFa3ScHNlJJW1dWhpWgJ1GirXmdg9exLoUifDHrzZNWGxASGbJEzeoyhiC99cIQ1m0SFXR-G__TdzLpQnbPXJlVhLbjf2r8v_fPO2r4n4g5zGn73cDzgZI2WRwKHKGR5UG4KltQF5b=w630-h839-no

We walked around for a few minutes and then decided with the rain pelting down and the limited travel area that it wasn’t worth window shopping. We hid underneath the ledge near Morimoto Asia and were comfortable and ready to just wait it out.

Fifteen minutes our buzzer rang (WHAAAT??) and by 6:35pm we were seated. WHOO!

I had never been to RR before, so I had the soup of the evening (which I can’t remember what it was -- I think it was potato and leek) and the sausage appetizer, and CJ had the burger.
rsN5un9z3Eeb7YBLOZ2JQQcfhZppDpYHQfEAN8D2Ma8MwmNkbiS2khKYftq0vgUnW_coF9g9LNgFVCXJWhsDvs8Qs-Z7W4h4-tmDLRDzVt50hlYcRKchAAHViWDLDiR8bLykbEVe6i76LhYC72y5VsSo44XYzBsgIlYzchbMwXMp3qyQ94T3mHuua95FKN0DMMu3UBiN_ascpE-nb05ttVWcNwleQHA5larDHyqiOQwcIG5eDx2QDu1x8Dyh7PM24lFh5iaY5bJQs6C0xmydI8nFStjeRQvshnBAyQJyQD8JJcSPUxORWd7Fhrj36OaRUUMJLZUEFPmJHg0Qt6TIBNRjSU0B_BOh4k9IzDH54YYb9xtdrPJgHIWHdaUJY_B2zOtKb25KmBYJSePBDNyTAzQSY7Qc44IvWWIsL5ihtHX7EboGMbGTTKKbeQzhkovZs2JoocAV1EfQPNA-OUx3dBsMAEWlYTogR3Ku6Mti3tXgWU9yoxRnHTGImIMxOOoDG1LMd5Bufpt1IFHIrPp82BaM8UL6DBY8OCjLaVGdArbDXRQghnh-zyaYdS7y2IIw4TGWP5h0DsAJ6YcaZtfqDII37f-DAJBWzUDLdMUwYnTRC9eqwDxlZA=w630-h839-no

The dancers came out…
lMrL3YdH07EVs-AwWq7QbSqNtNwr1VArCs47WMFii40bU1dlKBi6yqH9jqMNTayuD7btJXGs1iwQughxD2YNJ8meVCxsW7Hn1qfrM3ztMDikoOB4CbRuLBavVMnV-cLjBEg1EPktemhj9tngUlzNWDjeEeR0a8IsNdfQSvwrqbq5NbA0hELB7HXuUrkRzDlYnU5vFj9uk_6zBFVNP5RDwPAr7ZvD5pywcvWC_DIUx-AyPEPFAGOVsvbJ-VgbrHsC_nt0I4_Ah7O5Z9cgYjqFRfQNDfj5CaEBiioT65N9K2Rx2T7A5BqoCmVgQs3vvAs1RsuUl31A7DIqg0yTYfOsvzlX9Mntkx-VZ4piT_GF4tcL0F6qd52rVWowxuX-0lNm8YOhQQhamO-q1n0zIkmfqh2OLxfxUUbyv2z0ZnnhTQOiEAOifGNShzEmebja_Arh1joCGxR8egs22nbYvK5Q3UioCUJZp9TfyjDDm1mo91syXLuKRy_DiPMWZRD_2SBGk0Nfqufh6kZT01wfWeP0o6mgYKl2HqcfrbVaITgP0prKPy5EFFodfgmTk_4HLkSU-7J6bjw5zX1yC1f4pEn61GqnG_BJ7eSqqdjViLBC6_hP2HkcxYyb=w1080-h810-no

And someone decided he was too shy to join the kids dancing, despite the fact he has never been known to be shy.
i7w7qP6RLcIsYLPEve1g3M-jA7c8QgD-fs4v-Knxxq6eiqmTEWVZMQQ3LxslNPXEw8RSWwn5bIHoVMSve9eE9HKzUeiBbGQQ5eEb9hLW9TdGFpCQlGAuOMwQhNnnfTK1fgqiy8YMjTnJ8lSVx-FeggwGdVZE2q9zofFE-HqMGSNx_s1-qFIoHoIdR982vmFq4RRNUTIuBEzAxseFXSwdZxhJJEctBoH9UHhwjxkT7YLpq-MsIbIjHOdlrLs9bwgOlVrClUeaAw88Hynx3RzV9v8e03rhfH-PthonGJnElubeNVxhCjrsrQnDxyGcxJk0vCZVtHJBP6Bo_SdNsy8A1HmWIKR4QyqKHAH6m_LsYNqXhvlsAYS8pBAFatqRROV2NP0YlNBZTnbSBvPMuHPb_a8eCOt_0qo9SmhB4bPegg9ISZRjfEfa_pdsABO1Wri_fpZAIPzVy7A8shjDyx0w84Z9S7Z0BiLz582HZdxM7DoUp5140FvvTfoe8ISWp22uAFD2O0_lQtTrYvpLQ__mG-Cf2dF_X2BGNhmnP-oR-TiUep2wy3GQuEI9bl06vw1_mKaWITlFLpgSvDh-f-r3W1aGQywYep3Y6HneeIkYzXphOLjWRGxX=w630-h839-no

We loved the bread (which tasted like the bread we've had in Ireland, so... approval all around).
3Ea4oOvzSX8X6P0FaghmjFBn59-0-yZ89tToG9XHcgFIau66MckfDCrtiOfVHz9nCRNfij0jQClXs7COJMcl_VQQJvz38AAQpYYiS3-PA_N3ojUp7t3gDdn5tbvA8NSBrXyNEmhgg3ep7XuzLCufpB07jkMrYOQ61ZTBmjcxoOnS3_l36ZW6z627pS_8VVTU849m3jypYeG6E_fhxUpLcmdiqI6RriZ-fDaREeZ2D4ft2odRiydj95ogmEkDMWkSi0er2g_msJQGoj1UFVCcxIX_wmiImGXg3BVxRJoYNXysR595LhR1e9mZTCyeM2Ky3VTNlx3fXqKCSwr8FMjfcomTGVSLbSes-BxqiUy9pTzUl8vQN5ethFB55N6BiY8LVDii2i1mGE0bu_Yj-w6JCuaOiq7R98RaMyfW6YV3t7Ekxv3GH1Gq1ZN3N9tbyGL3kuZJ8Mb2vWfM-AyHtdy9j9YShU8Z4Ntjvi83DyQpZj6kJKBM-TjOog-tksGKL0z-ybZOl_TZQZx9rmZlYUqZLWBJU4Jh4AaKqnVuTK-GkOe_ffmjzKNQP_W9DA3dMg75GquItHX-dFhszcRHZ9bkbCDcV0L3M-B1L4QcVhHTz9Kk_cTpEAAk=w630-h839-no

And someone loved his burger.
IKXkcUxAaPlC5aUIsvkV7rsINq1HvNS9XAiNxzmahyzgz1fOaHZuRIfAlK5699jUSZc2CanAdn-L54nejgRKuRMqHRlxcJoq3UuXowPr2zyOZ8crFGbs4nn2HkFHCo7GQAUgoZJLed-9LyXcVNeUoLpiroh6cChQD1ostK0geqAjF2xdV6EwHerNmaNXjbHS3xAVegDEZAfDPjYLdSuQgaZGlbPLtKGSMXxkc-lrQrjV4EyDVsXyhHoVFu0aHwm7JSxhvJ3PeIXSM5Jh_T90d61m0-0O58P98aOPWmVZ73lg5OTqK1R3yw8iZBJjMiToolP660rhmNqVVBZMeHDpSoLrM8yZMGfMJReAgl8RUu0GVPMRE9KadEx_-6Zids1n8vNsgo-oQBk9TZFNwBrubavgbP0SZ-p_mw5QLEeT3qN8SXtDICP1i8xkcb8ttUYUXxNswdfLoYF3_oeYe7ik1tL-a3gP7Qd0oKA95U9pTEV4y6_L49MoZxqg5fVtGYuKnhAXsHkqOkYmr7PZe5oBlELDeS8hsZYIST_24Lm-kDPaI6aLF4BhAf7AcPZpeTuzTVeOUED5VFhkeIzS8lx2ABZj8n-CE3jqDXDbLgB-NmnRHnFGR_Ws=w630-h839-no

Here’s a photo of the sausages (minus the mustard, as I'm not a fan) and they were just eh. There was really no flavour, and it probably would have been a better appetizer for a group. Or maybe they would be better with the mustard, but I'd never know.
mIbh7YFq6SBfa_okJ69LFyhBrv7Y3Q3S3-4uU4-fc3CewLbJvU7MctbkJuFe5bKnMHZqjoLGNAu9VI3jS1qkwxehjuXiFbTsL_YDTxH2FGiafwAGZx1HPfQF2257o0ykhYDZdttPjmEsw14faTxrS8be0l6l8Dr7bvMCo4beIDVLW_kOnsRgdBtrYu7Xjir0tVujSutJzSufY_SJJZJYltGe17jcrxWBm8TN_t07B3bufRJlQGCaoiah2yP0qkTMi8-UUR6otGY0Q3TzH8-_WpmHx2eS2P-xpOp7AXEDHzMEW0FetENQQOq7VnVIViqKOX3GLLyGEY0XiC1GBHTodIiByp0YasFUeGURz0knkJwJVpZzO_PQ5dMeECwL2XD9tJAnIgaSUGwlzrrJFb8gI51sEUlZNIhfFASI4_FLBnENIVIFAhVzrRbfY0dbCL-VOVCsj2au1L3riukGzuExFQ_S4c8NOpd1_XGvzYk2ROl5olU7jcPSaPbihvA4YFAKPMfaqatvM_rqeFWbwPvnmXg7cFyPsYQA3ON8R9SiHATI3nP53VnRSBs99eehVOzYghnhXzw7iqbZVvtV-DDfhMLQA4RIRuFh-Lgmk08bCR42WXZAGmPs=w630-h839-no

If you’ve been to RR, we were seated just to the side of the centre dancing stage, and had a pretty fantastic view of the two stages.
Dyg7QymyQ8gPmXnJ9NHi8M82Sy10mm2Drf1N8zuLr2gaE79iVXHUUa0GEpfTAeqAXyWk6yF3oMF-MjDnnKvbkNCJsguTufjnihQTUgjXHPFT7c5Yrjp-6lCZfMvGwJXV1YZVWjvcqeA756YWChltijlHR0zJl5ZlR5HO4caO17BoLM1sW0PPDGwa1lCgcueQ0-cxZSXefdV7L2PghBq2HFK7hpkBsObSXa3E_TA7mKii3Y67VzCaIAaDdMdte5kxRqlGat__kZ0uvEJBVrwti3ofxT-vwf1LYW3SG-Lf-YEmyVTTRcCmPyOLvl1ifkKavIwZ7He1jfyqX82tiRmbBTLZ2s0u3cia0_mQQj3MZGDIPsrUIQwh4r0QheRn3Ydkvqaj8HdvPcxh-mFTsFZbbUklhBEz6ltyZWcn-78u0BytgpSwl2u7BzN8wKvOuWRaYHZ9X-dC0-lF6XVA9DECrRJBL76i-Iti236rEZWT-p7C3whYuiQvNiYU9ac_fVGRbGkx65heJC17VQptz06UzK4RejNhWONESxv9xBgLcDuenT5pPv6TwD6LHJuVmG2yQlDmr3ZmRF7SD5_3uqjcRJQ4XaHiJ76hX_5a1N3PK4znjcZ-I456=w630-h839-no

Let’s be honest; it’s kind of tough to dine with an 11-year old. My idea of good food is very different to his, and he needs something to keep him entertained. Between the music and the dancing, he looked like he was having fun, but I probably wouldn’t take him back to RR unless we were with other people.

I wanted to share the bread pudding for dessert, and they brought it out and we were both stuffed and sad.
IPILUTUPWUZoQxiVGd6KRoG2u9-nbjsyHeXnAzHN8RZjzffkchzNeiNI7dzClyijlO4bpSpXKJztUjH9c3uO59ER__AFelRxWSIGDjLG0g4RVMQyfrrVxKERbBe1o2Dm-rn13i222KKNPjakC1jXhSl6wWMGn9LcPFeIqS4QoHxurrZySpJEnGnEg_53i3ASySoa6NjlY9Lrga5IH7j4u9LM-rDkKAEoJhn6GSJKe6k7bIvV6mzykrDbeUlvbCaD_vExEI6WQS6D5uulR6UouLMyMEndWPSOAs20ASIInqFAL4z8TVZG8tqD7tl-5esAOWpt717SSZYzNGwSsCvEPEtUdtmxur_MTKNujpkihmjX0-hX7Bni_f48izmtnkUnG9vo9JUluzPdndfaLW7t_iay0DjZwW7DO5S-L14--hehJvgbbpl-AgwYB4qbPMFx4u0smto57DzJ-izDLuBB7lVv4X42rsEPfvCQ0MGbZ0ktr5cW_H51QTsskqlzplaJLrg65z55L8Y_ChESnSbkJXIHNy7SGV0_jNAAj2m6iO9lpq-QR2rH3agwq5juL6FH-Ufopau3qgx1gc3qMXCAF55kgGo2gsoFNQrH0Jnq-hY7B_h9zdG_=w630-h839-no

I took a few bites and it was kind of mushy in the middle and uncooked. Is that normal? I didn't want to say anything because I just felt grateful that these people were working and I’m sure the kitchen was trying to do the best they could. I ended up having it boxed to go and then -- womp womp -- forgot about it and left it on the table.

After that I wanted to do a little window shopping but the little guy was beat, so I did the worst thing you could do as a parent and forced my kid to do things he didn’t want to do. We waited in line for the PhotoPass booth at DS and the line was insanely long so we gave up. We walked around and looked in stores for souvenirs and bought nothing. Eventually we made our way to Basin where the kid looked like he was wanting to eat the salt scrub.

The one thing he wanted to buy was soap from Basin, but I didn’t want to spend the money on stuff we could make at home. (I would later regret this decision.)
(And I can't figure out how to post the photo from IG in here, so click here if you want to view it. But, if you have not been there, go. Your hands will smell amaaaazing.)

At that point we were both done. It was really crowded everywhere, it was still raining, and the cupcake ATM wasn’t working. My back hurt, his feet hurt, and we were checked out.

We made our way to the bus dock… which turned out to not be the bus dock. Turned out we had been walking the entirely wrong direction. CJ didn’t know we were lost until we started walking past the same shops and then he had a meltdown from exhaustion. Lesson learned: the kid that has expendable energy does, actually, expend it all.

Coming next -- This land is your land...

Last edited:
It was actually a lesson learned for future trips, to just make sure we always have water and at least some snacks on hand. We had time to prepare for the storm... if it was some other horrible situation, we may not have had a chance to plan.

As for the price of fruit in Australia, I still laugh at the time my brother/SIL couldn't stop eating bananas over here. We pay about $1/kilo!

That is so true.
We had stocked up on snacks and drinks from walmart and publix with all the american goodies we cant get back home just because we love snacking. They were good for snacks in the park and grab n go breakfast. Even brought deli meats, cheeses and bread to make sandwiches. Our room had its own little pantry in the corner haha.
Wow. Thats a good price for bananas.
I had to remember that I was paying by the pound not kilo when shopping. So as a rule I would double the price and not think about what I was paying in Aussie dollars hahaha.

Melt downs are always better when it is the adult not kid having them

Yes! Especially when I'm around people I will never see again!

That is so true.
We had stocked up on snacks and drinks from walmart and publix with all the american goodies we cant get back home just because we love snacking. They were good for snacks in the park and grab n go breakfast. Even brought deli meats, cheeses and bread to make sandwiches. Our room had its own little pantry in the corner haha.
Wow. Thats a good price for bananas.
I had to remember that I was paying by the pound not kilo when shopping. So as a rule I would double the price and not think about what I was paying in Aussie dollars hahaha.

Smart thinking! When I moved here I thought I was ordering a specific weight of meat. One time I accidentally ordered enough chicken for an army, another time I ordered enough mince for one hamburger patty.

This land is your land...

The sky was blue and the birds were chirping!

After the previous 48 hours of crazy weather we were blessed with low humidity, an on-time bus to Epcot, and a FEA FPP!

I couldn’t believe it! I somehow snagged that baby at 7:23am.
DIta7HVPnpYHX25i2p-OMyX9boPxO202X-aZkRgrae6ykGKiAx2yRvBv73WNQT99m6BJo8KuUu2ZYhy7qCQwrq5xvwJ40hRw1biR4ztK0doSH0bX1sRMYK3q9JrGpUD6I60s0mazpo4uChm35gZ0FcOguXg1ZQM9M1539oRrcQJxgDPFN5nb1CjCKFbal8dSOBMcXt-d2AzQgmzjrKGclu0bm8KnVCcbKMZ4pUT1IGcSfn7m7ydRzv9xDNyppCQaC2fe2kOzgqX0cgokt_lkjKcwtmBbPqPvzbaJxsDcPZyUw5df0Q3JSeCpvm0UDH7RIw92-GqF3qmBaUwltO3yWsUV49RRVNZw3t8rTADpI5o42y5CntSIyGqfxGIpLAOCMmsklbtea5fzqz2w4CrXx0IbUM5ktoHw20OzDuRBv-nbTbIv-kuE8CwzqNkqMrPc1AwaONWXMG9BVV2fkgKTTPRWPTgTpCQbsm8zVIZ9FyBZ5QjIUDjnCyCIN68P55pJL4RJUm06YG2Stura1vsoPMCADDc9awjjD8PqGnWjYsU9Arhbi2QTw88gl0gXeRa_Ow4CXChbQI9FFwWDEvZ4SPYQjOThvbz3uI-0xyJv52k4tTCzaKjh=w411-h730-no

Some warnings if you are to read this update:

Most good-natured people tell you to avoid F&W on a Saturday. We were not supposed to be at Epcot, but this is just how we had to roll due to a certain (cough cough) hurricane getting in the way of my plans.

I’ll give you a few tips and strategies if you want to make the most of your time at F&W and you are a glutton for food and punishment.

That said, the next few posts will be very food-centric. We did not hold back at F&W, not knowing if we would ever return. Fate is a funny thing, because we will be back for F&W again this October and will absolutely be a little more restrained. When it all come down to it, we had an amazing day… but I have to whittle the 315 photos down into a manageable chunk to share with you.

I will be absolutely honest that the tiered solution to FPP at Epcot and HS is miserable. I understand why the system needs to be in place, but for me,
I’m not really a fan of most Epcot rides. I love World Showcase, though, and that is the redeeming feature.

At 7:47am we were in the line for rope drop...
PMsqf1je-mBdgjwR2PFH-NQzE1uawGiShdzg7Lm5Flf5vSDQhYK8MLngBZwao4ADE_8FkjzyYU60SmgTU3Rl8qhwv8aknS8ZE3W0wy2nIONPTJW-pUCYFhrkM84AQ64jmfim2l48Pm96dj_Eok2CzoRhFkxwz9JijylhSOBdP_UOSOTwLyn2LYL7gf8NIXWsa8GW6v3QEX87M72DcCsNCTPvKtIq6V_xd0_jKNzgoTBTp3-IwYkHquRe2UvbqrheKd1VfaF-FZh4bxtbBYmxosZ7uZsAjOWPoWfCxqrWvhj0ICwW7lziq1brhRD2v8r4eHCzWD64VPnDvG0sIiWj4hc-uWFdi8kg9f_3SwvEPB4wFupHOsLtScGP-YnPbahTv_m_0iGhS7aHEk8Gq3F_P8m_lNWkgVePXeezEZF3EfD4az_9fU1LcV04mFDRmBKg0Ebceg7zZZyl_haFaB4zYKSlezZ7w5UEo9NAx5W9UmMKQ9WPjDfzvwq4JNYWvKxc6UrHLs-lUZr7fvI5BRYlQwde1WPMikLCP6mihBWr5WWlQM3dtnXT05EMNHWkU2FhsF-5buQR64bM6dE7lZYdTI-md7GNze0wqYJ2sQ9oRCqw1Aq65ngv=w548-h730-no

...and at precisely 8am we were already in the pre-room for Test Track.
I designed this stunning automobile...
2yQ01Cdz1MnlutNqtI0dYKwPdx88xfVQe5tOZxGeoBN2a1dgfGxAo_quvooG0GsB4MExCrrdoIMaI3HyHxXkra4H6LsvlXu3RV0di3r35kXBfdfkO-BMpP8WuzBb3tKvNsOaxYPy8MXQnPs5lcp0RjTdiDxHWwFwwtvIC9NKVV672DKmQAT1d9sJVO0aya8U8BFtdvTkjs7BsqbQQf5llNjvYDL_KHmip0gIwT2FZs-DTb2jHcEParr-3v2EkA1cFHye9zJh3D_KmHu4Lw0PfiHTqWaXElKUQvUolPiRkYcKVZeg0AeGKif3P1NhI3_JdAESA3gHaaBEWYGosTlAELAqu9xrn_mbZqp2SPLKLIINH81_N_LDjz5B7QXUwJH5U-xdZMTh8hDqdys4D7WrYPoyMf3cbUM0rTcxGJaNHsPiibShw4QfLA3IHoqCWvsvsutbBwhLVSqcTw4rlcgRs8WEqoh71FcLLk_fk1RihQ8bBgz6eQBV_OwlSiV8GaD2r_VLd-FMHIPP0jTcL3ZsvomCJW-j5-keh8pseiDibcdhLPCYteQYivRAMgdhwXwsKyGQLarm0xvTPLWKzHz1BcGYEaOW5BJrcg5iy2prYob5YM9Pfm4u=w892-h669-no

while CJ just did something bland and boring.
aO861Zp7u35JIWkpvWLknl81NRLZGCn3fw5mCUsJbVS7AMtylEX12HHMCXtqQcjNyQlFNp_1bST6en24Bwtm-d6RPT1dxMbgJs41DbbhV-VGl3J3BgGcA70OA2nJWjbKnAgxCkZhca5SihwgpFNRqJeKQugUlsN37o31fdwLbZmDkw12uN7-8G4KXgwlzr070LqWm5REZW5ty80amXQek_cL-4SoG_oiBxxt5YZ2roG7cVKrY-6wLyBoZPJYHZYZgbEXjgf0oDi0-8o61OO4AUhqj-oQhN1IOQpDe1ySritMyZ73S-c5LYU8Il2SFdgNw9GluzzA-zH04uGaYeP9uJ1PrlB6PXZ7Op9vUeyJHd1zf6AbdI6w0B0kwVeD0jN6pbGNAvqHc8qerkFzDHLRc5bHHYQT-xABE1VkwhC-X6HSzbchCoPKbcl8olD4WQLHsYnN7lBVlUp9exGgdGwLOPgnpa-aq8iEoRvcyti3Rwh9looAyKasQAWZmJkDo76OUY8WHjL8FKnJi6kb0TeTW-m0QuCOsvDBg_MU2jxrqTt8na0ajdrJ6Tm8_uDewHANSUABjdQyevXZt1Iudnm4-7tLFChwdXkYs_TzmqdRoCdWid76zUAN=w892-h669-no

Mine came first!
0PqbEMJ-l-K6CzKxO0z_f-0V3NuVZxxWjTvXk2zgqt6nZhJtAeObbzzAFJsBaGlTzsa0vbMRtuSRKjR0Uzwmtsf6PuTCyAR5CrE7rfBoKg6hCdFBB8kIgLB9UjxeQTPRsHSkSX4vm9FNvWz9AA1Q2s-zgof2v919ElQFTlMHRm8RVzDJdwB76z_31QRzcfzRY8Aw9m9lgK0SX78TJkbjRzoVJA2BiXaRsTqT7W9QN7nHt8IEsKZUGsHxCCPF4_GF4oxxgcq5RSVWglPpAOVKB_pDYT_aM4gwIArfGL2x6821Vh7TyO5gE91TqsjM8nRx_6CXKzqrDGRzW2WoQoyAPqvWj1edviX7UocUSqiqVhHet7csiRjjNlW3Lw0JT-8GmOQgUm3Q1DwY4s0ig7g66Rd8wykG95PT5wgl_EbFxVJnaghuwe-wdbeuiMyaPBabncdnhhKhC7RGMHhBorcdBi6u6GdxgUb1f47nQDcbWjBppuTbb6sWrRBvkIYJhcyV8b3-rt61_-OJ2JO83K35gURgD4gRxIEN4V19apwoyFcEOdQw1WjcVIATwMK1uaHK64BhacnB2EiQwXH1OPBPINn2i1RsLIIjyqXCz6uX0j8XAyjM1HHG=w548-h730-no

(Earlier in the year we had been on Radiator Springs Racers at DL. It was the evening, the air was crisp, and there was something magical about being in Cars Land. I much prefer the RSR ride compared to Test Track. I like TT as it is, but I luuuuuuurve feeling like I’m in the desert with Mater and the gang.)

But, hey, it’s TT and it’s 8:23 in the morning. Let’s ride it again.
6puvwJAvnEcTh5g3ZJBEgDzF9bMuwsarmzx_VDfFs_bnEwxoCfVsDj7n1UK_HWPKR5kRoukFbUggv5v1sNtH1eZqf_6Uv_-b_NrtdWOSf08De3F3wzE37s-gAgedVpXem-fg-nhXAKMPh7MYR5tkJUo-QCLwcqdh7M-zExFArPol5CNeAYPdgPpwR4UkuyoiSlTj0tL9yLvHtfYJeqrqJOgVAoPd3Gw8oUBqUlA_9ztKmGRDqUUikLqSZnoe7rLhyBNtLxL9dj-y221MilEqTruFCG6TzB037c7VL5UfaQUT6vCMJjo08ihCbJq5NSn5Hu0qXoQ4nxUvsDQw62TkCZ0aqkJ-nYzkpXbL1YwORtcO8T8izqz49bKvaebB-iPQMEj6ZBUTlDHjIr0aQHM6fEDrfARetRKCLarPNM6RK8rh_LC8o6rzOd92oITXZqIol-IjEfo9ycGq0LhYaGFA0Twa3tDsWiBtCS1P6V45dMeqC0ZQPpnUwfD5-CwcaS1BCJIBeiKU2eDGEDj62cQDq5sgfd5RAmWQ81-pGyOWAsFx97_1_GimVZ2Nx6qH-I0kL4cL2lakGR1PClhmgYDqEHSGsUk_eIUEKHAHw3z-Sx-7mcof6XnY=w892-h669-no

H56oyNnQADBiiCHUnmSwQiuTbyOOXY3da9JSOu2nMmXiRjkmz8Miy-HCkrLJj2veJIn7YZdULtKjgaGVlTvNvDFGWlk9Wz_Ahw3PiQTZDymRYgW_oXzT_t9A7smNgnyiORZ37hB-uwKs8QnBNcWFDvwDX5kClByXzbemiEYoq0IQEU4ptLRZ7iWJ0z_zlGGGXjocDZZ5cO2I6RINFEKp9XYUQJ2BZW5YoqmqBlQWY0Fl-2kBEJ4m2fHYXvw2EwqILkiVKUdImfAv70asMyFrdRj5f9JYHwAJ4qdRtTpthsv_v5b0jE9_QuuBC0YCjQQpxjvhozgI5RyYZrnj8RZK3Ux9qwB8M_o1Ma261vEs79_3PCro24LdSUTsdC6Z9_i7kQmpJ2gQ5iYOks_1XMGmXVopgilDZtzvaAR8Dvr1S8A2M04N30eiNtBb7MCdxh0ss2sj1xo8W4tYBfilzTbMaekHkmuNqDOSnGot_fqTUR-2xXJsVd5ZHTI6gfVNbKSJg9fZlPHrclYpw14E4FjwiyjvVbHb23qmzTApjh9eUuQ8F_Yiehc8cpRgd0Ps1LY4Z5DMZJb6uX5vgRLAiQ6miSGrY-_nENpy8iohXT6wPNroS6HooKsH=w892-h669-no

And by the time we were done with the second ride, I sent CJ back through it a third time by himself, and by 9am he’d been on it three times.

Tip: when visiting Epcot for F&W, don’t skimp out on rope drop if you want to enjoy the rides.

At 9am we were in line for the non-pukey line of Mission Space...
nCIXIyXvbZ4iy0LMaijChteESEcujzDsZwu9Rd06l0fSOt90y6rYq1sY4yKvFQhOsiaODxNkRU8pV1l8ot0YLMSfWz89kYFe1GzVWJaHxqgsGOitHGrJ9RHb0_5cmaYvcsIw0t_KekAhBikcL2j7zCoUcN3NyIbNH4vPCfHbAsWI6QSYtZYk55FrVJzy75pec7m1rpP9Vyh_2yNn0ciTjNBiNrkEIbT9m_K7zkojAmk2b22aXUxh28zBD9NSnNAXiXUVP33wg4mpkJ-A2UIZhZZGuC9ORgqBYab-S-zAVR4EXM8K2RG72Du_FV0ZeNNeCeZ-3etbHGuuCylbNAbD45Ajq1NV3uKFTHtN1QijPyKxM52W0uANbwjgbzE_t6Ws-GJyI6oSh3Wcni1TSarFiMNNkyQf2B1zmHNcaTVFUOS76cNHsWPRDEzHGgTYGSBhipoBp206rFTL-mElz314LGsWMWzNfeOpF1U5GGK3yEueawRCnTkVrsGjT7nMYiiv-9KlNgbH5lQNXu_YfgHfgqiIFlgi5c9Jn4CV-vjQzvb3rHskP6vPCyrcTLUN53JW34AoVXJ0A7bybsgZWtu_FhaozBWLmHrxHSQtVedz-E-krko31Enb=w548-h730-no

and CJ went through afterward for the pukey version and used the FPP.

At 10am we were ready for the Seas.

Clpe3i4Q8bKsYKah1M-dT2_HZQBllz5AoSGCeNDRqNkjIepYc68w1N9wEh19uSoNW6pkLhvuhtjALrOCDUtH2URQihxHD6FnguEz40pdk5YqGkhK0WqJUoBkrL2haIQ0-wseysUEzko97lCXYNa569CFqjWNnN6_2AIDFQNu-Y4MPXECKeKrX39iMXiRlb5okQiMoJMOV1u5JTlHUEPN7mD9jDEJbsI4ORWjZwvmHQ1_Le8Msc00C-y0LlZl0JMcDJPspca1-A8xVPmqbzY7UJuGKSGopmvGpw1cWIgbVvkmTrqpmNVu8LC4pftPnDcxnLf-CLU6SWRgCL7rCwm69nrqYRSwXfxlRkfgkrue5mP5spkYmfwBlaKf0SKd14geHUnh-TsSen7jm5XCgyHySmiwXsGgzeA5x6JW27OKZv-VQ4EdtRWWOpjeGT0bTIhqS84HFl7pWdIXG8ApzA77OhxLtUsv6byV94Bs1W7TpVbrjfkPVtVF5x1ZAOZzbAgfuuGCE-godoGt3oOn-L2GDwUqriIPNr_aF1lIzTdG14bUnxq5KwvgMteZZ0hDPlY9Zp_hkhawy3J2NEGYpcfXT8YOlDhrl6dIAtdvr5wsrKDVIJwe-t7z=w548-h730-no

I’m a huge Nemo fan. In fact, my son’s nickname as a baby was Sharkbait-Oh-Ha-Ha after he was restless on a water taxi in Sydney Harbour. (My friend was afraid if he moved and squirmed any more on her lap that he would indeed be, shark bait, hence the nickname.)

So we said hello to Bruce and the gang…
muMWMsn5E55rPBtjsq0M-rXspOZ3axtvHknlpLO38Hif5QCW3HqjFIsGOxjHJ0CR8n1eU0kbQQYpRRIOv_nT1BRlYlx7TH_WkQivUduvbXF7u2kXskMT9pmpWgoT_U-PVwliNDZklpVBOIkbiLn4JrNYHGYZPrk2rQ8448t4A9Jbr3ZbFiLOmUB_4ea-pOnhdTc0AnIVOABw29emazhHF-GTA5Y6ioO9IqkLfYNxVLgw72yNaDhrzlT5kNUEmmSeqKmTXxrY0E7N_01Yc0snXi9S0YmfI56A4123H9vxuCmzIfvYCSyifhHfDoGCDkooTeFo6quFfvzFGFTSex2SsuUV4B4K_uQ8sos07a1JDP6eqxg5nkHW2GmtwQuB2_CNZIth5KcgqWcaQbnLe5OtpS7SIqMxcwnDmhlLnXioxLrwzwcMXVkfn9mstmTuC51e53ne1DC9zSl8h3IKGLGRiX9lKMe27GJ5Bflal36-g3o2BBemLzOTpU_sn_s00FV534lG4PgGOXiZ1uRYagX_iROdFSEor3vzGOqYuOraMOANr5ienAWVPZlfdxRXLNj9xgikGaLLUjySc03KJAt9eHz4XedlYy0LQe508cQqt2AUY9qT-J7g=w892-h669-no

… followed by a little Turtle Talk which we both loved!
l1oNUKErId-HisGiB177djmsfXxsWRksUcJv3F1vNZCqi-PIE75qWh0QhGJ9eFSSLhcrpFmcoSz3bDzv2RYLu4cReF8848kWyJvK3_JRJlXSFKzhli5Y0mUKNkdycp93nTLzlmDMxNJJ5YUKIsVaXYWbYUSMaNijpLYzuS_q84dqsyx0DWort9G2w-NZu3RYTwE0LcFEGg_fpRlHQbxrumlbvCs_02iz3OaosmveTrgAuQubN1LVsOWoBePcETbbNy671_yseb7R1KDP5C0miGV1ySRqVytbIqu__djolt0jhvMuROgRIZ8E7wrKbov3J2t8zjipjeU9WqTnmfJnQD-504wU2dN1utdC_v74AnoQh8y3wwSsPpXGfEOv1KGWdwxrC3avIJt8WfHu3Bcr9MsVUl2gSrH_FlTnV5WPmNysytHhKECRJIfdlwxUfjDhDeYpIay3x6_uLnkgtOIoamxxsdMc__5bZQ333haVDg1CA8D2LtNdOmU8MO4QZGTkd0Gq2BikyyQ6bWsJvQDD7fH6cKcPfYKXVxE7YacBRACHdlvcyBVgpKihsPkvQufmRgqRF03eplDXTSuu1qt7Utgkj9FFCgDQfizqc4WWq9RXwmVr6QhX=w548-h730-no

By then it was 11am, and refreshments were in order and so we started with…

CkyETeNa3kvITrCGp5AIgvX4YftYVKIBtWWxq9yp1WD_XIXp3zqkTE5rywevS_NMyy3LoVYiegeTHWQ6b9pG7tLG9y0FT4i_HHCpH7oSkHglpJ1xZRC-S3v_IEl4Qb8mQUTd7CUgeuDUaLa-Y5j8TlNxyhDBJKM7kBRxRSxaBOeBiApG7FMFW_M6amMFLfFXvsvOUCjI5PaRiV8Joo0XU6y5qNLYnojRf4-MzNev0YjArjBviJdOPibe8wsMnfs1WK0VLSa_cJXU8VcNOLkH8rueVA8EDL2d4CYAglz9-qmo7D0wQkVphgagi5eDim24CHOiNxjuVFb1TfzMbUOBRYsEU0kxUoUFItl56DOTIRG8ddPf6k0MGMx2eX-1d3gt--7uyINPMzbL3hPWkwvMIF2cxDBOSGF26COXUWnTePacg2PnI0fFs0eU_Vu3CrcK8SbFb2dwF0KxMoUNxx9H0KW2z5JJ5gHWYGH389QfhqSJ3O6QPAAFz1pqYUaFvUAAy1yiwqngJP1AgB15gmXMxjIlztR4ncI64PWPpIZzBd8I04OHatkHp89WnL4n2LqX1Mm1R3pZ-i9jLGaMEgChKFEspsL7nLrojDEbSgPxGzBbBixDwNwf=w548-h730-no

Staarrrrbuuuuucckkkkkks!

Sorry this update is short and sweet, but we needed something to prime our stomachs before our trip around the [F&W] world.

Next - Mary Poppins and a lot of food

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter