MDE down for anyone else?

Was down for me starting sometime around 10:30am eastern and as of 5 minutes ago is back up and all looks to be normal in my reservation.

yes, complete with headless Olaf :rotfl2:

LOL I had to show headless Olaf to my son when I tried to make a payment...

I just want to make a payment...I don't want to call them and sit on hold for an hour for something that takes 2 minutes to do online...

You sure just checked online macbook site unavailable

I should have made that a "kinda"back up. I was finally able to log on to the app (I downloaded the update that was available that I hadn't done yet but since the system went down it wouldn't let me log onto it) and the site came back up with all of my reservations and adr's but just kept spinning and spinning where my tix should be.

I'm glad this thread is hear. I came to ask the same. I hope everything. Comes back

I have 3 upcoming trips, 2 are split stay and one has a 2nd room booked for a friend which means I'm missing 6 hotel ressies.

All my FP+ for the end of August

ADRs for 8 days in August, 5 days in October and 7 days on November including Thanksgiving and my son's 13th birthday

The APs with the multiple MBs attached

Gone all gone. I felt like throwing up when I saw that. Since I'm not alone I will impatiently wait for the return of my months of planning.

Just got off the phone with Disney after making our resort reservation. She advised me to wait until tomorrow before even touching MDE. And now the fun :rolleyes: begins. Has anybody else put Disney IT on speed dial?

I should have made that a "kinda"back up. I was finally able to log on to the app (I downloaded the update that was available that I hadn't done yet but since the system went down it wouldn't let me log onto it) and the site came back up with all of my reservations and adr's but just kept spinning and spinning where my tix should be.
They are certainly in the weeds over at Disney IT..Just check again on my Mac and can't access reservations or itinerary..it says "oops!" Not good for the kind of money people shell out to go on vacation. Hewlet/Packard is the operations company…time to fire them.

I'm here now and it's chaos. They are handing out paper fast passes like candy. I'm not sure how that is supposed to help anything. Now the fast pass lines are just as long as the standby lines. Last time I checked (about an hour and a half ago) space mountain was up to 180 minutes. The mine train just emergency evacuated everybody, so now there are even more displaced people everywhere. This is so magical I can't wait to go home :(

I'm here now and it's chaos. They are handing out paper fast passes like candy. I'm not sure how that is supposed to help anything. Now the fast pass lines are just as long as the standby lines. Last time I checked (about an hour and a half ago) space mountain was up to 180 minutes. The mine train just emergency evacuated everybody, so now there are even more displaced people everywhere. This is so magical I can't wait to go home :(

It's magic!

post-12472-Shia-LaBeouf-magic-gif-SNL-dou-po6D.gif

All I can say is they better get this stuff fixed ASAP... and they better have all of the fastpasses saved somewhere... Image what would happen if they all went poof!!!! I think it is time to give confirmation numbers or something...

I know, for one, that I will be beyond furious if anything is lost. Get it together Disney :headache:

Glad I print everything out as soon as I changed everything...yesterday was my most recent printout, don't know if it would make a difference but I have hard copies of all my fp, adr and resort reservations

Sure hope they have it back up by tomorrow. I can schedule my FP+ @ 11 pm my time tomorrow!

Have not ready entire thread. We are in the World now. It's a four park wide failure. So far today, we could not book next years visit on dvc member site. Or buy limited edition Olaf in Studios. They could not link bands so they would not sell it.

It's been like this since at least 2am for DVC member problems. Needed to wind down after Downtown Disney visit.

It's encouraging to me, at least, that the website is getting better at putting up error messages when it can't display your plans and reservations:

"We can't display your MagicBands at this time."
"We had trouble loading all your plans. The information on this page may be incomplete."

It's not perfect yet, but it's better than just showing you a completely empty account. At least it is getting easier to distinguish when there are errors loading vs. when the system flat out "lost" certain reservations. For that reason, when there are system-wide problems like we are seeing today, I don't worry that all my plans are "gone." It's usually clear that there's just something temporarily broken.

I know that MDE is the poster boy for the whole MM+ project so it gets a lot of the blame (and in some cases it is deserved), but when the website is showing friendly error messages, "retry" buttons, and panicked Donald Duck, take comfort in knowing that the website is actually working very well!

It's the backend database and systems that need to step it up. That's why today's problems are manifesting themselves both online and in the parks.

(And note that I'm talking about the website, NOT the app. I trust the app about as far as I'm willing to throw my phone.)

Oh man, that stinks, what a mess. Hope things get better for you.

This week is 180 for our trip in January, and despite not booking a room yet, I am trying to get dinning reservations for a few places, and it has been down since Monday more than it has been up. I even called them on Tuesday to add a night for our weekend trip in Sept., and they had no rooms at the price I payed originally, my wife called friday, and they had one for cheaper lol. So yeah it is a mess this week to say the least.

went to make fast pass picks after nap time and can't get on using mac safari and same with iPhone app:(

Interesting - thanks for the info, Googilycub.
If you are still there (or someone else is), I'd love to know why the paper FP (so I can brace for this situation)? Is it for people who didn't book FP+ in advance and/or didn't print them out? And/or for the 4th and later FP+?

Just curious how it works. Also, did you receive an email on your smartphone/iDevice telling you there's a problem? (I didn't have a wifi/phone with me the past 2 trips, and would learn when I got back the resort at night that I could have used a FP+ I booked for 7DMT for other things (because I didn't have email access except in my hotel room)).

YES! I got on at 12 AM on the dot this AM and got our FP+ reservations all set for Mine Train-- YAHOO!!! Went on this AM and nothing is coming up! NOTHING! I did print out my ADRS and FP+ times, but no confirmation numbers for the FP+ (is there such a thing?). Hoping it all comes back up as I made them. Fingers crossed!

Me too. Been trying to make dining res and it won't work. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter