Maybe we just know to much.

I am trying to be a reformed planner. I was always flexible even if I had a lot planned but this June I am traveling with my two youngest and their dance friends. I am not making any plans:headache:

I told the girls we are going to wake up when we wake up and decide that day what we are doing and where we are eating.

Oh it is sooo hard for me to imagine going to Disney like this. It is the opposite of what I have always done.

I imagine it may be one of the best trips ever:banana:

Think back to your first trip. Something had to be magical, because you keep coming back. Did you know everything you know now. I sure didn't. You loved the parks without the dinning plan and fastpass. You met the characters on the streets. You waited in lines, thinking everyone did. You left the park thinking, that was so much fun! It is now your 30-50th trip, and with all the new ideas in place, you feel you will loose the magic. We are going in Sept with 14 people. Have been working on ADR's and park plans. My husband and I will go on a few rides, but this trip is all about the grandkids. They are going to have a great time and soak up the magic, because they don't know or care if they get to eat in the castle or just have a hot dog from Caseys. Yes, everything is changing, but maybe we just know to much about the inner workings of Disney. Maybe we should just go to the park like it is our first time, and slow down and smell the roses. I guess what I am saying, is if you have no idea what you are missing, you will enjoy making things work for your family, and will have a great time.:cool1:

Brilliant. I can't even keep track of the number of times I have been to the parks and the one thing I can assure you is that there is not one trip that I look back on and remember NOT being able to do something.

At times the crowds are large, the humidity is unbearable or maybe even my favorite attraction is behind a scrim. It never once prevented me from enjoying my time at WDW. Actually, my favorite trips now are the ones that involve no planning whatsoever. I know going in that I may not check every box but I will most likely come back with a new favorite or cherished memory.

I really think folks need to relax. When I started going to the parks there was no need for fastpass. The parks were almost deserted. It's clear to see that more and more people want to visit WDW and there is only so much space and so many attractions. I truly believe that Disney has always been trying to think of ways to allow people to see and do more. I have used this new system a few times now without fail, including booking fastpasses for a top tier attraction on the bus on the way to the park mid afternoon.

The roses are always blooming, you just need to find them and take a deep breath.

It's strange for me, but I am feeling the opposite of the original poster. I enjoy the planning part of the trip. Disney World has so much outside of just the parks trying different things around the Resort and finding out what they are is part of the fun. If I didn't research some, I wouldn't have found out about Jiko or The Wave. I go early in the day because I know I get tired as the day goes on and makes it less fun for me. I plan to have fun and make changes to the plan as things happen.

I'm doing something very different in July by doing the ABD Backstage Magic trip. Most things are planned out and not revealed fully ahead of time. You think it would be fun to let someone else plan. It's actually felt somewhat stressful because I have less control to set my pace. Part of this may be I also travel solo or with my mom, so group travel is strange to me also. Not sure, but that's why I'm feeling a little bit wistful to planning a WDW trip.

Walt Disney World is my favorite place to be. I live in Michigan and can not wait until the next time I go. I cry when we get there and we drive through the gate and I cry when we leave. (Mostly because I am not sure when I be back) The feelings that I have when I am at WDW CAN NOT be made anywhere else. I love to explore what is new and what has changed. Walt Disney wanted the parks to keep changing and evolving. As for the people you are also visiting WDW, some are fine, others who act like they own the place because they are paying $$$$$$ well, we all do. I want to enjoy myself while here and I don't let others bother me. Patience is needed. I will continue spend every waking hour trying to figure out how I can get myself back to WDW. (Which right now is 19 days YEAH!!!!!)

Great post!! No place is perfect, but our family still thinks Disney is pretty darn magical!! Some people (if lucky) only get to go once in a lifetime. We consider each time we go to WDW or on a DCL Cruise such a blessing. So thankful for all the memories our family is making together & looking forward to many years ahead of memory making with Disney!!!

Only two people in my family want to set foot on Disney parks property.

Everyone else has declared it too expensive and not worth it. It's not too thinking too much or maybe it is. It is looking at the hard cold cost of Disney and how much of that could be put towards another trip to someplace else

We went on several day trips when visiting relatives but once we stayed onside, I wanted to keep going in that fashion (visiting relatives revolved around our Disney trips, lol!). I researched everything I could possibly research on how to do it & when, etc. Now, after our many trips I realize that we won't be able to do all I want to do (as a result of my lists from research). I'll just have to go back! We went to Disneyland last year & we took the approach of soaking it all up but missed some big highlight areas... Just gonna have to go back there too!! :woohoo:

Oh this is a good thread! I haven't been since 2009? It's likely going to take a couple more years before we get back, but we are so excited to get back and this recent negativity hasn't put a single iota of doubt in our plans.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter