May or June ?

blakefamily

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide on dates. Looking at either long weekend Friday May 20- Monday the 23rd. OR Friday june 17- wednesday the 22nd. May, my daughter would only miss 1 day of school ( which is all she is willing to miss ) June, school is out. I know this year is harder to predict crowds, but trying to weigh that as well. Looks like grad nite events in may, but June could be busier since school is out ? Thoughts ? Tips ? Advise ??

I had the same choice and went with May since not all the schools are out and I'm hoping that means crowds are better. Also, flights cost much less in May.

Wanted to add- I just peeked at the crowd calendar and according to that you'd have better crowds in June. Our June 2019 was wonderful, not too crowded at all. Like you said, though, so hard to figure out crowds right now.

Last edited:
Thank you !! I'm leaning a bit towards June as we could stay a bit longer. I have also seen mixed crowd predictions, but the passholder thing is true ! Also could possibly hit up Knotts if we were able to stay longer, and I haven't been to knotts since I was like 6yrs old....

I'd go May just based on weather. But I don't do well in the heat. But I've been in June and it's been hot but not too hot. I wanted to die the one day I went in July.

We are going for our first trip ever to Disneyland and I'm so excited. June 21-28 is when we are going. Been to Disneyworld 7-8 times the past 5 years but never to Disneyland. I'm not a fan of flying 4 hours since Disney World is 1 hour and 30-minute flight.

We are going for our first trip ever to Disneyland and I'm so excited. June 21-28 is when we are going. Been to Disneyworld 7-8 times the past 5 years but never to Disneyland. I'm not a fan of flying 4 hours since Disney World is 1 hour and 30-minute flight.
We live in Oregon and have been to WDW alot more than DL. :) Hubby hasnt been to DL in 10 yrs, but daughter and I have done a couple mom and daughter short trips to DL. Daughter is a HUGE marvel fan , so we really want to see avengers campus. And DL in general :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter