• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May only open until 6pm

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
As Universal has not released the opening times for May 2014 yet I had a look at the 2013 times. And I was shocked to see that on most days in May Universal Park was only open until 6pm?

How come?

Is May such a quiet time? Or are there any special events after the official park closure? :confused3

May has some GradBash/GradVenture days so that could be early closings on some days.

Grad Bash is May 2nd so both parks will close early...probably around 6PM.

Gradventure is May 9th & 16th...both parks will close early.

Mardi Gras extends into May in 2014 so the Studios will be open until at least 8PM during May...not sure about IOA yet.

Thank you. As I now found out during our only day at Universal there will be Gradventure.

Can someone tell me more about this event? I know that from 4pm ticketholder can enter the parks. But what is until 4pm. Is this crowdwise more or less a regular May day or should we try to avoid this date at any cost?

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately this does not answer my question regarding the crowds during the day before the event starts. :flower3:

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately this does not answer my question regarding the crowds during the day before the event starts. :flower3:
From past experience crowds will be manageable that week. As long as you get there at opening you shouldn't have any problems doing most of the stuff you want to do.

i've been in May a few times and find that on Fridays, many local school groups are in the parks. (like having a field trip day)

sometimes it's crowded, sometimes not.

Thank you.

So you mean we can give it a try to go on a Gradventure day to the parks but we should be prepared to have a lot of teenagers not only in the late afternoon but also during the day?

And does any one of you know if these Gradventure days do also affect WDW? Do they have something similar?

So you mean we can give it a try to go on a Gradventure day to the parks but we should be prepared to have a lot of teenagers not only in the late afternoon but also during the day? That's a fair assumption and a pretty good bet.

And does any one of you know if these Gradventure days do also affect WDW? Do they have something similar? No...Disney doesn't have anything like Gradventure or Grad Bash any longer.
Answers above.

Thank you.

I realy don't know what to do. :confused3

According to touringplans.com May 9th has only a 3 out of 10. So not worse than other days around this date.

Does anyone know when the May hours will be released?

Thank you.

I realy don't know what to do. :confused3

According to touringplans.com May 9th has only a 3 out of 10. So not worse than other days around this date.

Does anyone know when the May hours will be released?
Hours won't be released until after the first of the year. Early May is usually slow but again you're visiting on a day when a hard ticket event occurs. This will affect crowds throughout the day. I don't know what else to tell you. You'll either have to take a chance and go or not...that's up to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter