May 3-10

dsnymom2003

Mouseketeer
What is going on May 3-10 that all of the value and a good part of the moderates are all booked up? I was thinking about a quick trip that week but, now I am a little worried about the crowds!:faint:

Yikes, this makes me nervous! We are going those same dates because when we went 2 years ago the same week, the crowds were low, the weather was beautiful. Hopefully things aren't too bad this year!

It's possible that rooms are booked for the particular special offer you are trying to book--they only set aside a certain number of rooms for each special offer.

I read on another post earlier this week that the cheerleaders are at WDW over the 4/26 weekend...that was coming from a cheerleader parent. That does not mean that some other major sports event cannot be there over 5/3-10.

May 3rd weekend is the Expedition Everest Challenge by runDisney at the Animal Kingdom. The following weekend is Mother's Day Weekend.... The weekend after that starts Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios.

I read on another post earlier this week that the cheerleaders are at WDW over the 4/26 weekend...that was coming from a cheerleader parent. That does not mean that some other major sports event cannot be there over 5/3-10.

The link in the 2nd post indicates that the Summitt Cheerleader Competition is scheduled for WDW on May 3-4. The travel information indicates they will be staying at "Disney's All-Star Resort".:cheer2:

The link in the 2nd post indicates that the Summitt Cheerleader Competition is scheduled for WDW on May 3-4. The travel information indicates they will be staying at "Disney's All-Star Resort".:cheer2:

:hyper: OMG! Cheerleaders, too? That is sure going to be a busy weekend! :yay: God love all the people staying at ASSp...;)

i originally was hoping for may 3rd arrival, but i changed my dates to 4-11th and could book pop!.... check out orbitz right now use code outtahere for extra 15% off spring sale price plus 6.5% cb through ebates.

We definitely know how to pick dates! Our first trip and all the crowds. Marathon, media event and cheerleaders!

My mom's doctor's daughter is going and he warned us about the cheerleaders. He said there are supposed to be 300+ teams and their families. Oy! Trying so hard to prepare for the crowds.

Our cheer gym has a team going and I can confirm that the cheer competition "The Summitt" is happening May 3-4th. All I can say is watch out for the bows! ;)

Cheerleading Worlds is 4/26-28. The Summit is 5/3-4.

The competitions are held at ESPN WWOS complex, and the majority of the competitors will have park hoppers! Many of the travel packages offered included accommodations at the All-Star Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort. :cheer2:

I am a little bit worried as well! Usually, it is not that bad the first week of May but I have been reading about more and more people mentioning they will be going to WDW that week.

Oh No!!!We were book at Pop for May 10 -17th but had to change our dates because DH couldn't take his vacation time at that time. The only availability was ASM and ASMu for the 3-10th. We are now at ASMu for May 3-10 th. I was looking to upgrade this morning and noticed all hotels are booked except for a few of the deluxes. Does anyone know if the parks will be busy with the cheerleading competitions just on the weekend or the whole week? :eek:
This is a second (actually first) honeymoon for us after 30 years of marriage. :)

Just looked on Disney website there are hotels available after the weekend of May 3-10th. So just a busy weekend. Guess I answered my own question. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter