May 28 to June 4 - What To Expect

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi - we're headed to WDW May 28th to June 4th this year. We've never been during this time of year. For those who have been - do you mind sharing past experiences - crowds, weather, wait times, (are most schools on summer break by then?) etc? Thanks - we appreciate it

Weather will be hot, humid, likely brief afternoon showers. Down here in south Florida you're going right when our schools get out. Last day of school down here is May 26th

We went June 5-10th last year, so just a week difference. Crowds weren't too bad. Weather was terrible, we got a tropical storm so it rained for half the time we were there. We got wet, still had fun.

We went first week of June last year and are going again. It is hot and it did rain quite a bit and it was fairly busy. The best advice I got was early morning (rope drop) touring and late night touring with some sort of "break" during the hottest middle of the day. We choose to go back to the resort and swim/rest...but you could easily schedule a lengthy TS meal and/or hit up some indoor attractions/shows like Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, Mickey's Philharmagic or head over to a monorail resort during that time, if you don't want to mess with going back to your resort.

It'll be hot and crowded, but we often visited around Memorial Day weekend and always enjoyed it.

We always go during this time and we haven't found the crowds to be that bad. It will be hot. We always hit a park early and then head back around lunchtime to swim at the resort or rest and then we head back to a park in the evening.

We were there for Memorial Day week two years ago. It was a little busier than the normal June week. I would guess a 7 out of 10 for crowds. It was hot with the normal midday thunderstorm. Wait times were not that bad. Pirates had what I would call a lengthy wait compared to previous visits. That seems to be the norm now.

Agree that it is not a bad time to go. Yes, it will be hot and humid and the weather can be a bit unpredictable, but not so as to make for a bad experience. We've been this week previously and will be there again this year (May 24 - 29). Crowds usually start to pick up Memorial Day weekend and get steadily heavier throughout the month of June. Really, it's all about managing expectations. Know that it will be hot, that there is a high probability of afternoon rain/storms, and that the crowds may be a little heavier than you are use to from other times of the year; then plan accordingly. But also know that you are at WDW and that beats a work day -- any day! :D

Enjoy your trip!

That's when I like to go myself. Been the last 3 years. It's hot but all of the summer is. June isn't hotter.
That early week can be less crowded as many northern schools are not out yet. Later in June and on in to early August you have the entire country out so I think it's more crowded.
We'll be back there this year, same week.

We arrived on Memorial day 2 years ago. First day poured rain in buckets for an hour and was a little chilly in the evening. The rest was hot and humid especially in the middle of the day we had rain showers a few days that only lasted and hour or so. Most the time the temps were in the high 80's but one day got up to 90. It would cloud up like it was going to storm almost every afternoon but some times only a had a few sprinkles The crowds were average not to bad.

Weather will be hot, humid, likely brief afternoon showers. Down here in south Florida you're going right when our schools get out. Last day of school down here is May 26th

I live just North of Tampa and we get out on the 26th as well. Something people don't account for crowd wise that week is the fact that June 4th is the last day for Silver Passholders before the summer blackout. Lots of people will be getting their last licks in that week.

It also happens to be the week that the Disboards are celebrating their 20th Anniversary! There will be fun activities planned. Keep an eye on the sticky on the Disunplugged forum.

We arrived on Memorial day 2 years ago. First day poured rain in buckets for an hour and was a little chilly in the evening. The rest was hot and humid especially in the middle of the day we had rain showers a few days that only lasted and hour or so. Most the time the temps were in the high 80's but one day got up to 90. It would cloud up like it was going to storm almost every afternoon but some times only a had a few sprinkles The crowds were average not to bad.

That's when we went and I agree, it wasn't bad as far as crowds go.

However I do not handle heat well and I struggled. We live in the north so our hottest temps are still relatively mild and the humidity isn't bad. I felt like I was melting when we were there. We plan our trips during spring break now (our spring break is the first week of March so it works out well).

We go in early June every year. There will be crowds and heat but it's manageable. Plus you get Flower and Garden so good time to go.

We are also going May 27 to June 3 because of vacation time limitations for me(after a lay-off and new job). It's a different time for us. Does anyone know if the parks will be on their summer hours by then? We like to be in the parks late into the evening. Cheers!!!

We are also going May 27 to June 3 because of vacation time limitations for me(after a lay-off and new job). It's a different time for us. Does anyone know if the parks will be on their summer hours by then? We like to be in the parks late into the evening. Cheers!!!
Yes they should have extended hours at that time. MK til 11 or 12 probably. AK will most likely be later due to the nighttime activities and Pandora (if open). DHS usually 8:30-9:30 I think. Epcot is 9. Obviously that's not official but a general guess.

They usually extend hours mid month the month before....so it's possibly you'll know for a portion of your trip by mid April. But it will probably be mid May before you'll know for the June portion.

I visited during this exact week last year (2016) and it was very hot and humid during the day with a rain shower daily in the late afternoon. It was more crowded than I anticipated (I usually visit during spring break/Easter week so I am used to managing the parks at peak crowd levels), but I still got everything I planned in! Parks opened early and stayed open late, no trouble booking fastpasses a few days in advance! It was definitely hotter than I anticipated so be prepared to take breaks mid-day at the pool or in the air conditioning, temps were up to 100 between 12-3. If you expect high heat and crowds and plan your days accordingly, you're bound to enjoy yourselves more!

We went in 2015 that same time. It was hot, crowded, and humid. I felt like our September and October trips were more humid and uncomfortable though. Definitely rainy at times, but we still had a great time.

The crowds were heavy, but with a good plan and smart fp's, it's totally do-able.

We are planning on doing the same week in 2018 for my son's graduation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter