May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

I just got an email from Air France that our flight home was cancelled. They tried to switch us to an early morning flight instead which will obviously not work. Hopefully they will get this fixed for us.
I would recommend to look into alternatives before calling them. It always helps to know what you want from them. Air France and KLM are one company and this gives you the option to go via Amsterdam as well. To be honest, I think Amsterdam is a better airport for connections than CDG.

We're on this cruise! Booked on opening day originally but rebooked as VGT last week. I see from the pinned thread that Dream room assignments have been about 10 days out, I wonder if that will be the same for the European season.

We're on this cruise! Booked on opening day originally but rebooked as VGT last week. I see from the pinned thread that Dream room assignments have been about 10 days out, I wonder if that will be the same for the European season.
Hi there! We have rebooked as well and saved a lot of money. I don't think it will be different for the European season, so I expect to know our room very last minute. I think the reason why they assign last minute is to keep availability in many categories open for late bookings.
They are actually marketing the Dream here in Europe (we live in Germany) quite a bit and I can see Europeans booking very late to go on the cruise, Americans less so because of the long flight.
Doesn't keep me from checking daily in the app if it shows a stateroom! :goodvibes

Hi there! We have rebooked as well and saved a lot of money. I don't think it will be different for the European season, so I expect to know our room very last minute. I think the reason why they assign last minute is to keep availability in many categories open for late bookings.
They are actually marketing the Dream here in Europe (we live in Germany) quite a bit and I can see Europeans booking very late to go on the cruise, Americans less so because of the long flight.
Doesn't keep me from checking daily in the app if it shows a stateroom! :goodvibes
That's a good point, there's still plenty of time for people to book!

I'm in the UK and the marketing I've seen has focused on the 4 night sailings from Southampton to Spain/France which seem to have been popular. It's actually easier for me to fly to Barcelona than to get to Southampton!

I'm checking every day too :D

Here in Germany it seems more general “the Dream is in Europe” advertising.

I was surprised how much I saw as DCL doesn’t seem very active in marketing in Germany.

I was looking and for Day 4 when we are in Rome the Bippity Boppity Boutique is now showing Pirates League so that will be our Pirate Night!

If anyone finds out the schedule for the shows, formal nights, the new Celebration night, etc. please let me know. :) I am curious if the new 25th celebration will take place on formal/semi formal night. Thank you!

Thanks! I was wondering when Pirate Night was going to be.

I wonder what the dining rotations would be then?

I found some navigators from a Med cruise in 2018 which had only one sea day just like ours and there formal night was on day two and semi-formal on the sea day (which was the same day as on ours). https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...barcelona-to-civitavecchia-rome-june-16-2018/

Traditionally the Golden Mickeys would be on formal night. And at least on the Fantasy they show Believe on the last day I think. In my opinion it would make sense to have the 25th celebration festivities on the sea day. That's how they do it with all the other special days (Marvel Day at Sea etc.). But that's pure guess work on my part!

We are on this cruise with our 19 year old son and his friend. We used our Wish credit and had to bump up our Europe trip from August due to college schedule. It has been 20 years since we have been in the western Med so I am busy planning out itinerary! We are flying into Barcelona Thursday morning (trying to book Airbnb now) and going to Paris and Amsterdam or Copenhagen after! Any insights would be greatly appreciated! I’m sad we will be in Florence on Monday when museums are closed….we are doing Pisa and shopping!

We are on this cruise with our 19 year old son and his friend. We used our Wish credit and had to bump up our Europe trip from August due to college schedule. It has been 20 years since we have been in the western Med so I am busy planning out itinerary! We are flying into Barcelona Thursday morning (trying to book Airbnb now) and going to Paris and Amsterdam or Copenhagen after! Any insights would be greatly appreciated! I’m sad we will be in Florence on Monday when museums are closed….we are doing Pisa and shopping!
Welcome!

Can't wait for this cruise! Does anyone know if they will sell Rainforest Spa past ahead of time?
Recently they haven’t. You used to be able to order one day passes from the page for onboard gifts. But this option hasn’t been available for some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter