May 2020 Car Rental Watch

Prices are still high. I have mid SUV May 18-27 through Costco for 421.00. I have never paid this much for a rental car and normally prefer Alamo. Hoping prices come down.

Minor change for me. Alamo 5/11-5/17, Mid SUV, Base $203.54, Total $286.15, Costco 7014627.

Almost the exact same price as Budget above, but I'll take Alamo due to convenience. Cancelled the Budget reservation. As mentioned earlier, I don't really need the SUV, but the price so far is lower than economy. Still expect to do better...

I’ve only just started looking for my trip. Prices are high, but they were high in January as well so I guess I’m not surprised. Need a full size or larger 5/2-5/13. Really hope they drop over the next two months.

Check your prices today. Mine was down 12.00 through Alamo. I know it’s not a ton of money but at least they are coming down a bit.

I found a pretty good code in February Car Watch thread for AVIS (AWD: J064600) . It has given me the best rate so far from any rental company. I've never used Avis so I don't know how they are at MCO. If you are going to use them I recommend signing up for free Preferred membership. Then you can skip counter and go straight to garage. Avis Preferred members receive complimentary use of Avis Preferred Select & Go. They also have an App that will tell you exactly which car you have and where its parked. If you don't like the assigned car you can pick another in your class. Most likely I will end up with my usual Alamo if they come down to a competitve rate, but in the meantime I have a rate with Avis I can live with
(Ford Fusion 11 days $414).

https://www.avis.com/en/loyalty-profile/avis-preferred/enrollmenthttps://www.avis.com/en/products-and-services/services/avis-preferred-select-go

Last edited:

There is a pretty good code for AVIS (AWD: J064600) I found in February car watch. It has given me the best rate so far from any rental company. I've never used Avis so I don't know how they are at MCO. If you are going to use them I recommend signing up for free Preferred membership. Then you can skip counter and go straight to garage. Avis Preferred members receive complimentary use of Avis Preferred Select & Go. They also have an App that will tell you exactly which car you have and where its parked. If you don't like the assigned car you can pick another in your class. Most likely I will end up with my usual Alamo if they come down to a competitve rate, but in the meantime I have a rate with Avis I can live with.

https://www.avis.com/en/loyalty-profile/avis-preferred/enrollmenthttps://www.avis.com/en/products-and-services/services/avis-preferred-select-go

So, you don't have to "Pay Now" for Avis?

So, you don't have to "Pay Now" for Avis?
Not with this code I didn't. Towards the end of the rental there was an option to "assign" a credit card which I just skipped. There were other codes that I tried with Avis where the pay now rate was cheaper, but the caveat is they charge you $50 if you cancel a prepaid reservation which is why I made sure this wasn't pay first. Normally I make & cancel 4 - 5 reservations as trip draws near and rates get better.

Not with this code I didn't. Towards the end of the rental there was an option to "assign" a credit card which I just skipped. There were other codes that I tried with Avis where the pay now rate was cheaper, but the caveat is they charge you $50 if you cancel a prepaid reservation which is why I made sure this wasn't pay first. Normally I make & cancel 4 - 5 reservations as trip draws near and rates get better.
Thank you so much! This was helpful! Hopefully I can get it down even more but this gives me hope!

There is a pretty good code for AVIS (AWD: J064600) I found in February car watch. It has given me the best rate so far from any rental company. I've never used Avis so I don't know how they are at MCO. If you are going to use them I recommend signing up for free Preferred membership. Then you can skip counter and go straight to garage. Avis Preferred members receive complimentary use of Avis Preferred Select & Go. They also have an App that will tell you exactly which car you have and where its parked. If you don't like the assigned car you can pick another in your class. Most likely I will end up with my usual Alamo if they come down to a competitve rate, but in the meantime I have a rate with Avis I can live with

I tried it and it was a bit cheaper than Alamo but had no included miles. It was .25/mile. We’re flying to key west then driving to WDW so I don’t think this is a good option for us.

I tried it and it was a bit cheaper than Alamo but had no included miles. It was .25/mile. We’re flying to key west then driving to WDW so I don’t think this is a good option for us.
The car I just reserved on Avis has unlimited mileage. I went and checked after I saw your post.

:confused: Wow that's strange, I've never even heard of that for a major car rental company? I could see that for a long distance moving truck or something like that, but who would rent a car in this day/age where you had to pay by the mile also? I just checked my reservation and mileage is unlimited.
Maybe it has to do with picking up in Key West and dropping off in Orlando.

Just got a huge bump down at Alamo using 7014627 / AU2291VYT Costco and 1 car upgrade. Got a mid-size SUV (RAV4) for $402 /$36 Day. That's down over $100 since yesterday. Oddly though, every other car class still seemed very expensive.

Last edited:
:confused: Wow that's strange, I've never even heard of that for a major car rental company? I could see that for a long distance moving truck or something like that, but who would rent a car in this day/age where you had to pay by the mile also? I just checked my reservation and mileage is unlimited.
Maybe it has to do with picking up in Key West and dropping off in Orlando.
I think it must be the Key West pick up. But it now leaves me with negative opinion of Avis. Well actually reenforces my negative opinion of them after an issue we had with them 30 years ago.o_O
Just got a huge bump down at Alamo using 70146247 / AU2291VYT Costco and 1 car upgrade. Got a mid-size SUV (RAV4) for $402 /$36 Day. Thats down over $100 since yesterday.
You seem to have an extra digit in Costco ID. It should be 7014727.
My rates still no change. What are your dates? Mine are 5/20 to 6/2.

I think it must be the Key West pick up. But it now leaves me with negative opinion of Avis. Well actually reenforces my negative opinion of them after an issue we had with them 30 years ago.o_O
You seem to have an extra digit in Costco ID. It should be 7014727.
My rates still no change. What are your dates? Mine are 5/20 to 6/2.
You're right. I fixed it. It's the regular 7014627 code. My dates are 5/18 -5/29.

I found a pretty good code in February Car Watch thread for AVIS (AWD: J064600) . It has given me the best rate so far from any rental company. I've never used Avis so I don't know how they are at MCO. If you are going to use them I recommend signing up for free Preferred membership. Then you can skip counter and go straight to garage. Avis Preferred members receive complimentary use of Avis Preferred Select & Go. They also have an App that will tell you exactly which car you have and where its parked. If you don't like the assigned car you can pick another in your class. Most likely I will end up with my usual Alamo if they come down to a competitve rate, but in the meantime I have a rate with Avis I can live with

Any idea what this code is & who is eligible to use it? I've been looking for rental for March and this code is the best that I can find with any rental companies.

Any idea what this code is & who is eligible to use it? I've been looking for rental for March and this code is the best that I can find with any rental companies.
I'm not sure. I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet. Listed below is a link to the thread. One person indicated it was provided to them by Autoslash. Another indicated it is intended "for employees of a large, international company." But, they did not verify how they knew that.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/february-2020-car-rental.3782288/page-3

Last edited:
I am also curious because I used it and now I'm nervous it won't be valid when I go to get my rental

Our trip is May 16-20 and the best I can find is an intermediate sized car for $200 thru Alamo. We are staying at the Swan, so we do need some way to get there and back from the airport. But at that rate, not including how much they charge to park a car, I'm better off using a car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter