May 2016 Pre-Trip Report! ***Completed***

GUYS!!!!!!!

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank each and every one of you for following along with my planning adventures, and I hope you all join me for my first ever trip report! I may start it tonight!!!

But just a quick lil somethin...James and I had an AMAZING trip!

The Disney magic is alive and well! All of our experiences were great. We never had long lines for rides, buses, all of our food was great, we never had a bad waiter/waitress...I mean it was perfect and full of Disney magic. I can't wait to share it with you all!

And yes..I did think of you all while I was there, and the ONLY thing making me less sad about returning home was knowing I was about to start this trip report and tell you all about my vacation!

I mean where else can you tell people you've never even met about your vaca and they're not only exited for you, but actually care enough to read all the details!??

LOVEEEEE the Disboards!!

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do care a lot! Soooo glad to hear that it went so well. I can't wait to hear all the details. Gets me excited for our trip, too!

WHAT?!?!?! How have you gone and already come back!?!?! Man, time is flying! I hope you had a magical time and I am hopping over to read your TR right now!!!

Just read your pre-trip report.... I always get exciting leading up to the day I get to Disney. This will be my 8th trip this September. Can't wait to start reading your trip report.... I am also from southeastern mass. :yay:

WHAT?!?!?! How have you gone and already come back!?!?! Man, time is flying! I hope you had a magical time and I am hopping over to read your TR right now!!!
Honestly I know! It came sooo fast! I remember when we started counting down and we had like 330+ days till Disney...
Just read your pre-trip report.... I always get exciting leading up to the day I get to Disney. This will be my 8th trip this September. Can't wait to start reading your trip report.... I am also from southeastern mass. :yay:
Yay! A fellow southeastern mass girl!!! I'm so glad you joined in and read my pre-trip report! I hope to update the trip report today! I've never been to Disney in September, but since it's low crowd levels I'd really like to check it out!!! Where are you staying??

Yay! A fellow southeastern mass girl!!! I'm so glad you joined in and read my pre-trip report! I hope to update the trip report today! I've never been to Disney in September, but since it's low crowd levels I'd really like to check it out!!! Where are you staying??
The crowd levels have gotten bigger during the years but I love the fall and it's my wedding anniversary, also my favorite place.... This year we are staying some place new, Coronado Springs, never been there also bringing along a couple nephews and my niece with their other halfs. They are around your age some alittle older.

Two days later, on the 3rd, it was time to book our dinning. Poor James had no idea how cutthroat the 180 day mark can be. I had work at 7am so I set my alarm for 5:45, and was changed for work and on my laptop by 5:55. As soon as it was 6:00, I refreshed the page and tried to book Be Our Guest, but it was saying reservations were temporarily down. I nearly cried. So I tried Ohana, and it worked...okay...one after another I got everything I wanted. Then I tried Be Our Guest again, and it worked! I was sooo glad. I never really doubted that I’d get everything, but considering planning where to eat took up like 4 months of my life, I wanted it to be good. I’m pretty good at this planning stuff if I do say so myself.

LrZWYWsrtQBFC_oZGjlQKMYK-N1dfUi1G9j-zJUqX7aJ9nR4mRttCg-pZHhKPI5syKRLGFIaUXaPu0rPj33tww_8fo45BnFviCW7k1GWTRQuEsiJtu3Qu060BWbXZcqK-VILM3_1

James is sort of picky, I mean he IS picky, but it’s never really bothered me. I come from a family of big eaters. My mom is 100% Armenian, so everything is homemade and wonderful. I’m not picky by any means, although I am pretty spoiled and get great meals all the time. James, however, doesn’t live at home. He actually went to high school at a vocational school and specialized in culinary then attended a semester at a culinary institute for baking. He’s talented, but pretty much eats fast food ALL the time. Growing up I never touched the stuff unless it was a rare treat. The funny thing is, James is skinny, he can eat anything and not gain weight. Actually, it’s not funny...it’s kind of annoying...OKAY I got sidetracked. Anyways, when we go out to eat James gets what he likes and I get what I like. So his pickiness has never bothered me. He likes ribs, steak, burgers, pizza. I’m not a huge ribs fan but I’ll eat the other three any day! Here’s what I ended up reserving:

Sunday/Arrival Day- The Crossroads at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney
...oops, Disney Springs. Honestly I could rant about how much I like the old name better. Downtown reminds me of shopping and outdoor atmosphere. Springs? Makes me think of a golf course or something. Not that any of it matters! For anyone who hasn’t tried this restaurant and likes comfortable atmosphere and amazing southern cooking- THIS is the place for you! Seriously, try it. I get the best chicken breast with mashed potatoes, veggies, and sweet tea. I’ve eaten here my last two trips on arrival day. My sis always gets the Juicy Lucy Burger- it’s as big and juicy as it sounds. Everyone has always enjoyed their meal, it’s become quite the Sarah Arrival Day Tradition. This one isn’t actually booked, for whatever reason it isn’t available. Both times before I wasn’t able to book until probably a month before the trip. I’m not sure why? Probably because it isn’t a Disney-owned restaurant.

Monday/Epcot Day- Via Napoli 6:00pm
I’m SOOO excited about this one! Pizza means a lot to us. Let me explain. When I met James he worked at this great pizza place. He would bring me pineapple pizza (sometimes with banana pepper rings!) ALL the time, like every night. He never had to pay, since he was the one to make them, and they were literally amazing. I mean, I always liked pizza, but that began my new LOVE for this delicious food. When James asked me to prom his senior year this is how he did it:
0e2T0XE_CwVZExC_uV9E8bKmb4AG3zUJvMqtJpVfa8tLSeN9NeoSjCFaLG7ePAmkKGEtR-8P3UFHCngTk6bmzIYWUgTgXjHruV4NXXa0U_m-WCAog_Sbg-XykG6MPZe-OwPKcdpm

So to say that pizza is important to us would be an understatement. NO SHAME.

Tuesday/Magic Kingdom Day- Be Our Guest 7:10pm
Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, Put Our Service To The Test!
Well if you insist, Lumiere. Don’t gotta ask me twice.
And I will indeed be trying the Grey Stuff.
ycjTNk3_1ARFdOjcWPfnQFR9j2WuJM3awo2y1jAYK9NkxfoMBMa2AVAkezUWmvH2zmya7mQ2l8tbPintMmeJMYaGv-LKpJD1ykHTaDvH6p8urRaBQpo-I3HiCS4kLDiXx841_2UQ

Yeah, ‘nuff said.

Wednesday/Rest Day- Ohana 9:15pm
I was ify about Ohana at first. The food looks great to both James and I. Same with the atmosphere and location. I wanted a memorable dinner for James. Since we will have just seen Wishes the night before at Magic Kingdom, I was hoping to see it from Ohana. I know we probably won’t get a window seat, but I’d love to see James’ expression when they pipe the music in and the fireworks start. Just the icing on the cake of a great meal I’m hoping ;)

Thursday/Hollywood Studios Day- Sci-Fi Dine-In 3:15pm
When I showed James a picture of this place, he was instantly excited. A burger, not having to talk much while eating that burger, old cheesy sci-fi clips, milkshakes, a nice booth with AC, I mean, what’s not to be excited about? It’ll be the perfect break for our day. And now with my beloved Pizza Planet gone I just need to find a new love :( It took three trips to discover the glory that was Pizza Planet. I’ll share that story later.

Friday/Animal Kingdom Day- The Rainforest Cafe 5:00pm
I know a lot of people dislike this place, but last May after a long day in Animal Kingdom (which to me is NOT a half day park, infact it is my favorite park...tied with Epcot...and I wish it were open later! Soon, maybe?) my family and I went here and we had a blast. There was no better way I could envision dinner after a day in Animal Kingdom. I got the jungle safari soup, a side caesar salad, and a Brazilian Freeze drink. Then when I didn’t finish my drink (it’s nonalcoholic by the way), the waitress brought me a children’s plastic cup with the cutest Rainforest Cafe animals/logo on it. Free souvenir! We have a Rainforest Cafe somewhat near us, James and I went a couple months ago. It wasn’t exactly the Disney immersing experience like the one outside of Animal Kingdom. It’s in a mall actually and just wasn’t the same effect. Plus they didn’t serve my soup there!

Saturday/Rest Day-Trail’s End 6:45pm
A buffet with fried chicken is calling out to James and I. And a chance to see another new resort (Poly will be new for James and I also) I mean it’s a win-win.

Sunday/Magic Kingdom Day- Tony’s Town Square 6:30pm
A lot of people don’t like Tony’s. Here’s why I do: Although the pasta isn’t fine Italian, I thoroughly enjoyed my plate of spaghetti. I’m not there for fine Italian. I’m there for the atmosphere. I adore Lady and the Tramp. So does my sister. My parents celebrated their honeymoon here. When we went for their anniversary last May, the first time I stepped into Tony’s, I felt at home. The service was mediocre at best, but you can have a bland experience with a waiter anywhere. But seeing my parents back there after all those years, seeing my sister and her boyfriend, seeing all the Lady and the Tramp decorations. Plus the water with lemon dispenser while you wait to be seated. I can’t wait to go back.

This is me all day every day thinking about these meals:

nq5ECOWKeWUEUghimB-dP63AYiyVapQ5jhxb-x42ueYeR05u9xB-BQPoC3swAmXy4f1Ewl9KcHcmIB4vPNOsbs9P68evfD5serByyQ5RQsVL0mdveP0PwLNomf868QIa3HipvKGX

To say I’m excited would be an understatement.
The prom pizza invite was fantastic.

The crowd levels have gotten bigger during the years but I love the fall and it's my wedding anniversary, also my favorite place.... This year we are staying some place new, Coronado Springs, never been there also bringing along a couple nephews and my niece with their other halfs. They are around your age some alittle older.
I love the fall too! I've never been to Florida in the fall though, but I assume it's a lot like August in September? I'm vaguely dreaming up my next trip in my head for Fall 2017, so we shall see! We're spoiled with Fall here in Mass, beautiful leaves and all the Fall activities! I'm in love! Plus my birthday's Halloween! I have my eyes on Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. I've read such wonderful things about both! Your upcoming trip sounds awesome, and celebrating your wedding anniversary with your nephews and niece and the significant others will be a blast! I hope you enjoy Coronado!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter