• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2016 Check in!

I'll be staying at Paradise Pier (first time staying on site!!! Yay!) April 29th through May 5th. I bought an AP back in late October when I had a long trip last year & am excited I get a couple of bonus trips with it this year in May & early October.

My husband will be with me, but not hitting the park as he is a stick-in-the-mud and only likes giant, terrifying roller coasters and hates theme parks. I'll be hitting the park for a full day probably 2 of my days, otherwise I'll be hitting the park early morning and evenings on the other days & doing side trips with my husband midday through early or mid evening. I cannot wait!

~Meg

Jack and I will be in the park May 19th-24th. Our youngest daughter is graduating from CSU Fullerton on the. 21st. We are staying at the Springhill suites. We are trying the WOC dessert package.

Checking in! My DD5, myself, my mom & Grandma have a 4-generation trip planned May 20-25, staying at HoJo. Have to book transportation soon. Debating on trying an Uber, but haven't used it before. Or maybe a towncar. Can't wait!

Going to be in So Cal for surgery the second half of May. We'll be doing the City Pass. For sure we'll be doing DLR on the 14th and 15th, not sure when we'll be going for day 3. We'll be staying at on of the hotels on Harbor.

Going back after 20 years. Special Birthday and Anniversary trip for us. Going May 17 to May 21 just booked airfare as we are doing Las Vegas first. Now need to book hotel. Just found out about grad night hopefully we will survive the crowds as we are used to DW. What is the weather like this time of year?

Will be there mid May...staying at Homewood Suites Convention Center (next to Toy Story lot). This will be my second time to DLR, but my first where I can really enjoy a lot of time in the parks and see/ride everything. My first trip was a single day, both parks, and having to leave early enough to drive back to LAX for a redeye back home. Really looking forward to several days in the parks this time. I'm from Florida, now living in Georgia, so while I can (and do) visit WDW pretty regularly, a DLR trip is a treat. Meeting up with boyfriend's family coming over from New Zealand, including his niece. This will be her first ever Disney trip and she will celebrate her birthday while there, so excited about having them there.

We'll be staying at the Grand Californian from 4/30-5/3. This will be our 2nd trip to DL. Excited for the food and wine festival at DCA!

I was wondering if some fellow May visitors could provide feedback on our draft itinerary. At this stage, due to the added expense, we do not have park hopper tickets. I realise that almost everyone recommends park hopper tickets, but for us it was the difference between four days (park hopper) or five days (no park hopper) tickets.

- Wednesday, 18 May (Grad Night) - Disneyland. This one is pretty easy since we won't get to the parks until mid-afternoon and DL is open an hour longer than DCA. Of course, with grad night crowds, we don't expect to be able to get on too many rides. We'll focus on other aspects of the park.
- Thursday, 19 May - Disneyland. This one is also relatively easy since we'd like to take advantage of the Magic Morning Hour.
- Friday, 20 May (Grad Night) - California Adventure. Again, this one is relatively easy. Most reports indicate that DCA is less busy than DL on grad nights. Also, we want to spend at least one weekday (i.e. not Saturday or Sunday) at DCA. Finally, the earlier closing time will come in handy for our plans for the next day.
- Saturday, 21 May (Grad Night) - Disneyland. This one is also pretty easy since DL will be open for three hours longer than DCA. We'd have the option of using the Magic Morning Hour on Saturday instead of Thursday, but I'm guessing that crowds would be smaller on Thursday morning (although Thursday is both Magic Morning and Extra Hour Magic). And I'm not sure we could do 17 hours at DL (i.e. from 7am to 12pm).
- Sunday, 22 May - California Adventure. We want to spend two "days" at each park, so DCA would be Sunday.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?

FYI if staying at PPH ~~ pool closed May 9 to 27
i just called the PPH hotel direct and the CM stated the pool deck re-surface starts May 9 thru May 27 -- pool will open again on May 28

I was wondering if some fellow May visitors could provide feedback on our draft itinerary. At this stage, due to the added expense, we do not have park hopper tickets. I realise that almost everyone recommends park hopper tickets, but for us it was the difference between four days (park hopper) or five days (no park hopper) tickets.

- Wednesday, 18 May (Grad Night) - Disneyland. This one is pretty easy since we won't get to the parks until mid-afternoon and DL is open an hour longer than DCA. Of course, with grad night crowds, we don't expect to be able to get on too many rides. We'll focus on other aspects of the park.
- Thursday, 19 May - Disneyland. This one is also relatively easy since we'd like to take advantage of the Magic Morning Hour.
- Friday, 20 May (Grad Night) - California Adventure. Again, this one is relatively easy. Most reports indicate that DCA is less busy than DL on grad nights. Also, we want to spend at least one weekday (i.e. not Saturday or Sunday) at DCA. Finally, the earlier closing time will come in handy for our plans for the next day.
- Saturday, 21 May (Grad Night) - Disneyland. This one is also pretty easy since DL will be open for three hours longer than DCA. We'd have the option of using the Magic Morning Hour on Saturday instead of Thursday, but I'm guessing that crowds would be smaller on Thursday morning (although Thursday is both Magic Morning and Extra Hour Magic). And I'm not sure we could do 17 hours at DL (i.e. from 7am to 12pm).
- Sunday, 22 May - California Adventure. We want to spend two "days" at each park, so DCA would be Sunday.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?

I would use the MM on Saturday because magic morning starts at 7am saturday, and 8am on Thursday. Much more people wake up for the 8'oclock MM than a 7am. We stayed on site last year and did EMH everyday. I noticed our Saturday and Sunday 7am hours we had less people around than the 8am EMH. We always arrived at the gates 30-40 minutes before EMH/MM started to maximize our morning. On our 7am entry we would accomplish by 9am (HSM, Buzz, Star Tours, during first 25 minutes of MM/EMH and be lined up with the crowds for regular park opening rope drop for Adventure/Frontier Land by 8:30, then would get an Indy FP, ride Pirates, HM, BTM, Autopia then get Indy done with FP) Matterhorn wasn't open when we went, but if it was we would have been able to ride that during MM/EMH. The other 7am entry we rode everything that was open in Fantasyland by 8am except the storybook canals and Peter pan was not open at that time.

Also you said on Thursday is MM and EMH. Every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday is MM and EMH at DL. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday is only EMH at DCA.

Since your dealing with several Grad Nites I would make every effort to be 30-40 minutes early to the gates before opening so you can get as much done early before the grads start pouring in. Just keep in mind that the people with EMH will already be in DCA on Friday and Sunday so don't head straight for RSR because the queue will already be long. Just FP RSR and head off to other areas unless you don't mind a long queue wait.

Atleast your going in with the mindset that it will be busy so that is good. Have fun :)

We will be at Disneyland from May 18th to 24th with visiting the parks the 19th to 23rd. It will be me, my DW, DS (8) and DS (5) staying at PPH the first night as we do not land at LAX till 9:30pm (using Lansky's) and then the next day move to the VGC for 5 nights which was booked right at the 7 month window. This is working to be an economical trip with being able to use our DVC, using airmiles for all of our 5 day hoppers and having flight credits and a free flight from Westjet to get to LAX. We cannot wait as my wife and I went last July for 4 days to check it out as it was her first time and I had not been since the mid 90's and then took the kids to Aulani and on the Wonder Hawaii cruise in September. We moved to the west 3 years ago and before that went to WDW 3 times a year on average so we missed it all for a few years.

Just over 2 weeks away! I'm overwhelemed! Been trying to plan out what nights to catch Paint the Night, World of Color, Fireworks etc. I gave up this past week and maybe I'll look into it some more as it grows closer

Checking in!
Staying at Courtyard Marriot (got the idea to book there from the boards). May 14-18. It's a hockey moms/son trip.
We can't wait to check out the new hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter