• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2016 Car Rentals

Anyone looking for an alamo coupon code. I found a $50 off one after doing some searching. Code is AD4004JDK and when I combined it with the Vegas Brazil code there was no CDW added. It brought my suv rental down to $188 for may 14th-20th.

Thank you!! That got the Alamo price for an Economy 5/15 - 5/23 down to $95. It was a few dollars more than the Dollar Prepay I had, but I don't have to worry about going to the counter now. :-)

I just used Vegas Brazil code and coupon code AD4004JDK for two, one week compact rentals, in July. One for my husband, and I and one for our grown son and his gf. $86 all in, hopefully we don't run into any problems. :rotfl::car::car:

Thanks for the updates on coupons and codes! I've got 2 reservations and can't decide which to keep. Both are May 3-10. One is pick up and drop off at MCO for $95 total. The other is for pick up/drop off at Car Care Center for $70. I've checked in for both and was able to set up skip the counter at both. I'm using the VB code (used the method mentioned to remove VB during booking, though) and $50 Insiders coupon.
What location do you all prefer? I've used both, MCO more frequently. Is there still a ton of construction around the airport?

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates on coupons and codes! I've got 2 reservations and can't decide which to keep. Both are May 3-10. One is pick up and drop off at MCO for $95 total. The other is for pick up/drop off at Car Care Center. I've checked in for both and was able to set up skip the counter at both. I'm using the VB code (used the method mentioned to remove VB during booking, though) and $50 Insiders coupon.
What location do you all prefer? I've used both, MCO more frequently. Is there still a ton of construction around the airport?

You're probably best asking the April folk about the current status of construction, as they all head to drop off their cars.
I've opted to let the ME bus driver deal with it, and also use the bag check-in service. Not going to finish my trip stressed out. :)

Going to post this here too since I'm an April pickup, but a May drop off. This might help someone here.

I just rebooked my minivan for nearly the same price as the vegas (TB1 or AS1) codes. This was with the standard regular codes. I can't use the costco code as I'm not a member, but did use my DVC member code and the $50 coupon AD4004JDK. Strangely the lower rate was offered if I picked up on the half hour, so it was higher if I picked up at 5:00PM, so changed it to 4:30PM and it dropped more. My flight is scheduled to arrive at 4:15PM. I know they give you a 30 minute grace time, but could've changed it to 5:30PM. So those booking a minivan might want to revisit. I paid $435 for a 15 day rental for a minivan as a DVC member. Had I been a costco member it would've been $412. I'm 3 weeks out today, picking up on April 30 @4:30PM and dropping off on May 15 @ noon.

Going to post this here too since I'm an April pickup, but a May drop off. This might help someone here.

I just rebooked my minivan for nearly the same price as the vegas (TB1 or AS1) codes. This was with the standard regular codes. I can't use the costco code as I'm not a member, but did use my DVC member code and the $50 coupon AD4004JDK. Strangely the lower rate was offered if I picked up on the half hour, so it was higher if I picked up at 5:00PM, so changed it to 4:30PM and it dropped more. My flight is scheduled to arrive at 4:15PM. I know they give you a 30 minute grace time, but could've changed it to 5:30PM. So those booking a minivan might want to revisit. I paid $435 for a 15 day rental for a minivan as a DVC member. Had I been a costco member it would've been $412. I'm 3 weeks out today, picking up on April 30 @4:30PM and dropping off on May 15 @ noon.
Thanks for the tip! I am a Costco member and followed your instructions using the $50 coupon, Costco contract ID and AS1 code and I got the same rate as I had with VB ($126 full size 5/29-5/26)! I feel better using the Costco ID since I have a membership.

Thanks for posting! Costco is down to $206 for April 30 to May 7 for me. It was at $392 for the longest time. That's only about $30 more than my best Vegas Brazil booking. Definitely worth the price!

Thanks for the tip! I am a Costco member and followed your instructions using the $50 coupon, Costco contract ID and AS1 code and I got the same rate as I had with VB ($126 full size 5/29-5/26)! I feel better using the Costco ID since I have a membership.

Did you try doing this WITHOUT the AS1 code? For my reservation, the costco rate is lower when NOT adding the AS1. Of course watch those pickup times too. If you're picking up on the hour, try changing it to the half hour. For my reservation it's $430 using the AS1 or $412 using only the costco and no product code with the $50 coupon.

I'm May 3-10 and just tried Costco and $50 coupon again. Rates are much higher without AS1. When I added it back in, it's the same as I currently have. Hopefully they'll drop soon!

Did you try doing this WITHOUT the AS1 code? For my reservation, the costco rate is lower when NOT adding the AS1. Of course watch those pickup times too. If you're picking up on the hour, try changing it to the half hour. For my reservation it's $430 using the AS1 or $412 using only the costco and no product code with the $50 coupon.

I did. It was actually $245 with Costco but without AS1! Crazy the hoops I will jump through to save $$$ :rolleyes1.

i thought they gave you up to 2 hours, but that might be only re flight delay. know they & national have held and honored mine in the past for even longer delay when i called directly.

i was already on the half hour. dropped the VB and used DVC, AS1 & AD4004JDK...

compact dropped to $86, midsize to $111 for my week beginning 5/7.

i thought they gave you up to 2 hours, but that might be only re flight delay. know they & national have held and honored mine in the past for even longer delay when i called directly.

If my flight lands at 8:35pm, with no checked luggage, what pick up time would be suggested? I just input 8:30 pick up with the flight info. Should I change it?

I know on the National website it use to say the grace period was 30 minutes. Though I've been late plenty of times and my rate with Alamo and National have always been honored. Once I did call them when we were told of an extremely long wait and they were fine with it as long as it didn't change the "days" rate.

Just wanted to mention that sometimes you need to dump your cookies/temp files. I check from both my PC and ipad, so when I see different prices, I know it's time to clean them out.

Can you tell me where to find the DVC code? I'm DVC but couldn't find anything about it on the member website.

I'm new to this. Is there a specific place I can find these codes? Costco? As1? Vegas Brazil? And the $50 off coupon?

I'm new to this. Is there a specific place I can find these codes? Costco? As1? Vegas Brazil? And the $50 off coupon?

Costco Canada is 7016405. Add the $50 off AD4004JDK for Alamo has had us below $200 for the first time in months.

If my flight lands at 8:35pm, with no checked luggage, what pick up time would be suggested? I just input 8:30 pick up with the flight info. Should I change it?

i always input a half hour after flight lands, approx the amt of time it takes us to grab luggage and get to garage. The 'timer' doesn't start to tick on beginning of rental until you take possession of the car.

search here, or google for specific codes/coupons by name

+1

Don't mind saving but using VB I feel will eventually bite somene trying to use. If I can get the same cost (or even a few $ more) using rate code/contract code I'd know eligible for or one all can use (as in a public discount code) it is peace of mind for us given the rental company every tried to make a claim against us for any reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter