MAY 2015 Car Rentals

We got a standard through Alamo for May 27-June 5 for $203 picking up and dropping off at MCO. Used the Costco ID and $30 off code. It is actually cheaper to rent two than it is to rent a minivan!

And rechecked it this morning and down to $159!!! Thats just over half the price to rent two than a minivan! Woot!!!

I had a alamo rental may 15 - may 28 standard sized booked for $313. I saw this morning same rental was down to $297 so I quickly changed my reservation. Just checked again and the same reservation is now up to $$452! It amazes me how fast it can change.

once signed into Alamo insider, I used the Costco code 7014627 & $30 coupon AD2338FDF and
VIOLA! we're down to $177.67 total:
5/13-21 - 8 days, midsize, p/u & d/o at dolphin
& today we're down to $163.36 total, all else as above.
:banana:

I needed a one-day, one-way rental to get from MCO to Universal Studios on May 16 - for basically 2 hours.

Right now I have a car with Budget booked using Costco code BCD W852802 for $39.01, drop off at the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal Studios (we are staying at Hard Rock Hotel). I prefer Hertz since we would be able to drop off at Hard Rock Hotel - but their prices are high for this rental.

I figure a cab will cost $50-$55 + tip so this will save me a little bit although we will have the extra hassle of dropping off across the street. Still debating with DH whether we should just pay the extra $$ and take a cab for less hassle.

/\cab. You don't have to haul your luggage to the MCO parking garage, drop it off @ HRH, then drop the car @ HI. However, it would allow you to do a grocery stop for water/snacks/booze (if interested:)) etc.

Budget via carrentalsavers USAA just dropped

I have 8 day now for full size @ $159

standard was $151 & midsize $136

things are starting to moooove:)

once signed into Alamo insider, I used the Costco code 7014627 & $30 coupon AD2338FDF and

:yay:

I needed a one-day, one-way rental to get from MCO to Universal Studios on May 16 - for basically 2 hours.

Right now I have a car with Budget booked using Costco code BCD W852802 for $39.01, drop off at the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal Studios (we are staying at Hard Rock Hotel). I prefer Hertz since we would be able to drop off at Hard Rock Hotel - but their prices are high for this rental.

I figure a cab will cost $50-$55 + tip so this will save me a little bit although we will have the extra hassle of dropping off across the street. Still debating with DH whether we should just pay the extra $$ and take a cab for less hassle.

Well, I'm finally starting to see rates DROP! I tried with Alamo today (the drop off is just slightly further away but still practically across from Wet n Wild) with the Costco code (thank you LSchrow) and got it down to $34.69 (economy). It's swaying more towards rental car vs cab. I'll keep plugging those numbers in.

I'm up early and checked on Alamo with same codes as above and my rental dropped an additional $50 overnight! It's an economy, but I do not need anything bigger this trip, I'm simply booking the least expensive car I can find. I'm down to $280.99 total for 17 days!

Looking for a rental car for 05/26 7am to June 2 3pm. Mco to Mco would be preferred. We have a rental right now for 145.00 but I keep looking. Problem is we want two drivers so that might rise.

I'm going to ask a really dumb question lol. My sister is coming in a day later, and wanted to be the second driver. Is that possible if we went the day she comes in and add her to the rental? I'm assuming no because at the time of signing they need her information, and this can't be done without her there even if I had the info correct?

I'm going to ask a really dumb question lol. My sister is coming in a day later, and wanted to be the second driver. Is that possible if we went the day she comes in and add her to the rental? I'm assuming no because at the time of signing they need her information, and this can't be done without her there even if I had the info correct?

I Do Not have first hand experience in adding a second driver after initial pickup of rental car

but I would assume the details could depend on which Car Rental Company you choose.

It might be *Best* to call the Car Rental Agency at the location you are using.

IIRC ~ ALAMO ~ you may add a second driver by going to any ALAMO location ~

and the Driver who is going to be added ... needs to be there in person.

Last edited:
Looking for a rental car for 05/26 7am to June 2 3pm. Mco to Mco would be preferred. We have a rental right now for 145.00 but I keep looking. Problem is we want two drivers so that might rise.

Through Alamo, Costco is one of the few codes that includes a free additional driver. I don't even have a Costco nearby, but paid for the Costco card as the savings was worth it.

In the past I have added someone later, and I'm doing that again this trip when my husband arrives a few days after me. I'll do it at the airport. In the past I needed to add an additional driver and the airport I rented from wasn't convenient. I called Alamo and was told I could do this at any of their locations. Both of you have to be present. Bring the paperwork and the 2nd driver has to show their driver's license.

& today we're down to $163.36 total, all else as above.
& saved a bit more by trying one last time before we leave tomorrow:
$152.82 total :cheer2:

We are renting from May 20-25 (Memorial weekend) and when I started looking 2 months ago it was $196, I have rebooked a couple of times and today it's $146. Very excited about that price, will love it even more if I went down to $120. I'm using the Costco code and the Visa coupon

Just made my rental reservation for May trip. 5/21-5/26. Dollar midsize using Dollar express and AAA rate. $161.12 (Comes up as a weekly rental). Plenty of time for price changes between now and then.

Finally got a price drop. Same days, same car type, same AAA - new price $134.75

We are renting from May 20-25 (Memorial weekend) and when I started looking 2 months ago it was $196, I have rebooked a couple of times and today it's $146. Very excited about that price, will love it even more if I went down to $120. I'm using the Costco code and the Visa coupon

Alamo down again to $123!! Now, I want it to go down to $100 lol

If anyone was thinking about priceline... I was just able to get $15/day at priceline for a luxury vehicle (surprise for my husband which I never thought would get accepted) starting this Saturday and going through Memorial Day!!

mine has been more expensive because I just need a one-day one-way (2-3hrs) and am picking up from MCO and dropping off near Universal Studios.

My last best was with Alamo with Costco code 7014627 & $30 coupon AD2338FDF for $34.69.

Last night I tried Budget again and with DH's account (US address) it was $39+. For kicks I tried with my Budget account (Cdn address) and it dropped to $33.91. Totally didn't expect that. Not sure if the address in the profile is what made the difference. I prefer Budget since the drop off point is closer so we are switching back to Budget. I used Costco BCD W852802. Costco Canada typically has really good rates. Try A017600.

*scratch that - I just tried yet again with DH's US Budget account and it came out to the same $33.91. So odd - it seems to make a slight difference in price...cheaper when I price the reservation from the home screen vs an extra $1 or so when I "change reservation". All I can say is - car rental prices are a nutty game.

We are going to drive vs cabbing it since we can stop for a cheap lunch at Cici's Pizza which will save us even more over eating in the parks. I may not even have to fill up gas since the car should still be pretty full between MCO and Universal Studios. We'll see.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter