May 2010 Pre-Trip Report: Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

PolynesianLily

Peace, Love, Disney World
Welcome aboard!!!!

I know that it is a tad bit early to be starting a pre-trip report, when many people still have yet to start theirs for November & December. Wow, just thinking that there are only 2 more full months left in 2009 is a little bit freaky!! I mean, when we started planning this trip, we had just come back from our pre-christmas trip in December 2008. From December 10 to December 19 2009 I will be a tad bit sad knowing that a year ago I was in the happiest place on earth, but I am really excited for this trip in 2010!!!!

So instead of me rambling on and on about nonsense, why don't I just give the trip details!

Dates: Sunday, May 3 2010 to Tuesday, May 11 2010
Hotel: Disney's Polynesian Resort - Garden View
Number of Travellers: 3 (me, my mom and my dad)

I've been to Walt Disney World 9 other times, so this will be my 10th trip. Yay for the 10th anniversary!!!! I never thought that I would be addicted to WDW, but it happened, and I am glad that it did!!!

Anyways,

I hope you all enjoy this pre-trip report - I will try my best to update it but I might be a tad bit busy with school and such! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!!!

Wow!
So apparently in 10 days it will be 180 days until the vacation! I cannot believe this!!!!!! It seems as though, ever since I began university - the days have been flying past and I have not been able to keep track of how many days are left!

So excited, I hope we can make our ADR's soon!!!

Signing on! We are headed back to Disney in just 215 days....not that I am countin'. :rolleyes1

My dream resort is the Polynesian!

SOOOO jealous of the Polynesian...that's one of my absolute favorite resorts. :goodvibes

We're going in April too but a couple weeks before you. I have a PTR going too, so it's definitely not too early. ;)

Signing on! We are headed back to Disney in just 215 days....not that I am countin'. :rolleyes1

My dream resort is the Polynesian!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
Time seems to fly by when it comes to counting down the days to Disney, don't you find? Or maybe it is just me, but there is always so much planning and excitement!!!!

Where are you staying?

SOOOO jealous of the Polynesian...that's one of my absolute favorite resorts. :goodvibes

We're going in April too but a couple weeks before you. I have a PTR going too, so it's definitely not too early. ;)

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
The Polynesian is my absolute favourite resort as well - which is the problem, because it's so addicting. We want to stay somewhere else, or are thinking about staying somewhere else for our trip in 2012 but i'm not sure where!!

Where are you staying? I'll be sure to check out your PTR!!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
The Polynesian is my absolute favourite resort as well - which is the problem, because it's so addicting. We want to stay somewhere else, or are thinking about staying somewhere else for our trip in 2012 but i'm not sure where!!

Where are you staying? I'll be sure to check out your PTR!!!!

I hear ya, we stayed at the Poly 4 or 5 times in a row before finally staying at All Star Sports...quite a difference between the two! As much as I miss the Polynesian it's great trying some of the other resorts. We just stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in August and LOVED it there!

We're staying at Kidani Village at the AKL. Can't wait! :banana:

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the 5th year in a row. I would absolutely love to stay at the Polynesian. Our budget could probably swing it if we stayed for a shorter period of time but we like to stay for 10 days. Pocketbook would just roll over and die if we stayed at the Poly that long.;)

I hear ya, we stayed at the Poly 4 or 5 times in a row before finally staying at All Star Sports...quite a difference between the two! As much as I miss the Polynesian it's great trying some of the other resorts. We just stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in August and LOVED it there!

We're staying at Kidani Village at the AKL. Can't wait! :banana:

I know what you mean!! I really want to stay at the Beach Club or a resort like that one, in that area. However, we really enjoy not having to use the rental car to get to some of the parks, but who knows.

Woohoo!!!! AKL!!!! I love that resort so much :D It's my dream to stay there. :wizard:

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the 5th year in a row. I would absolutely love to stay at the Polynesian. Our budget could probably swing it if we stayed for a shorter period of time but we like to stay for 10 days. Pocketbook would just roll over and die if we stayed at the Poly that long.;)

The Caribbean Beach is one of my other favourite resorts at WDW! The price of the Polynesian does strain the pocketbook, that is for sure :scared1:.

Are you both excited for your trips (yes yes yes?!)

I'm in! We're going in May and staying at the Poly also. Looks like we're going a little later in May than you but it will be fun to follow along and see what you have planned. If you have time and wouldn't mind, feel free to pass along your tips for the Poly. Looking forward to panning with you!:goodvibes

I'm in! We're going in May and staying at the Poly also. Looks like we're going a little later in May than you but it will be fun to follow along and see what you have planned. If you have time and wouldn't mind, feel free to pass along your tips for the Poly. Looking forward to panning with you!:goodvibes
Of course I wouldn't mind passing along a few tips!!! I am planning on doing a live trip report when I'm there. Currently, we are planning our meals and park days :)

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!!

So we finally made our ADR's! I cannot believe that it's already gotten to that point in time where it's 6 months away!!! Actually, it's less than 6 months away.

So here's the schedule for our ADR'S

Monday, May 3, 2010
Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Time: 7:35 AM

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort
Time: 8:00 AM

Thursday, May 6, 2010
Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Time: 7:45 AM

Friday, May 7, 2010
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Time: 8:00 AM

Saturday, May 8, 2010
Cape May Café at Disney's Beach Club Resort
Time: 6:00 PM

Sunday, May 9, 2010
Kona Café at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Monday, May 10, 2010
Grand Floridian Café at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Time: 5:00 PM

Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Time: 7:35 AM

It's now time to look at the schedule to see if we have accidentally planned park days on those days with the parks having EMH's!!!

Your ADR choices look great. I don't get to make our ressies until the 23rd so I still have a little time to coordinate ressies and EMH. Good luck!

Thank you!
We added Biergarten to the list too (I have to add that to the list here).

Unfortunately, the trip might be cancelled - the chances are quite high. Fingers crossed that it isn't!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter