May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say "hi"!. Yay for getting coordination on group shore excursions!! :thumbsup2 I might go back and read more thoroughly when I am not so dang tired --- mother-in-law needs to do some excursions as she has not been to these ports before.

I hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!! :) Today was "my Friday" as I don't work usually on Fri/Sat. But what a whoopin' of a week. Glad it's over!

Where is the Pub Crawl graphic that Mickey is a 'lime'? Am I hallucinating? I thought it was on the web but that one he is just black.

I've created a public Flicker set called EBTA5-13. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy/sets/72157630135067532/

As I find or create graphics I'll place them there. If you have graphics to share, let me know and I'll edit them in photoshop and put them in Flicker. Here are the two Pub Crawl graphics. I've changed the date to 2013 and placed them in a 12x12 file with 300 resolution, the size Vista recommends for printing tees.

7492599292_d640783998_m.jpg

7492645598_43bc2737eb_m.jpg

Here it is! The second one is what I was looking for. Is it somewhere that I can copy and use on a shirt?

Thanks...whew! I only now looked at Facebook and saw your post about the tour. Based on how quickly you found 4 more people for this tour, plus 4 other interested people - I'm sure you'll have no problem filling a second van.

Any chance you're also looking at private tours in Madeira, too? :)

If you are doing a private tour on Maderia go with Daniels Tours. We used them last time and they were awesome!

If you are doing a private tour on Maderia go with Daniels Tours. We used them last time and they were awesome!

Thanks. I have read many recommendations for his tours, but I haven't decided if I want to tour the island or stay in Funchal.

Here it is! The second one is what I was looking for. Is it somewhere that I can copy and use on a shirt?

Yes -- let me find that link. I might have uploaded it to facebook but can also email it to you. That is the graphic that was created for our WBTA 2011 Pub Crawl (for those of us not beer drinkers). :rotfl2: I think AuntLynne created that one - the guys had created the beer mug.

Thanks. I have read many recommendations for his tours, but I haven't decided if I want to tour the island or stay in Funchal.

Ditto that same recommendation for Daniel Madeira Taxis tours. We used them as did binkytell (two different vehicles). I am still trying to figure out what to have hubby's mother do --- we have decided to stay in town since we did a tour last time, but she has not been to Madeira before.

I just bumped it up on our facebook page - it was uploaded with higher quality there. I can also email it to you - just let me know. :) Bev created just the glass and it is on the facebook page at that same embedded link.

I've been "mia" - nothing serious - just some family issues. Finally have time to "exhale" !!
Been trying to catch up - getting to be a very chatty group !! Our dis group for the 2008 EBPC had 15 pages (or are they threads?) - talk about chatty !!

Sorry to hear about various health and family problems - I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.

DisneyMouseHouse said:
Hiya - I am helping Val keep track of shirts (qty) so please go here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v7_8IWZ6vxRUEIVQ8nOoBlDBskHkUHCNTHP0aoCj3yo/viewform
and fill out the very short form!

If we get to the minimum we'll contact you with info on submitting payment.
Didn't know if you'd scroll thru all posts and wanted to make sure you were included...... :)
Thanks!

Any word on what the sizing is like? Sorry to be fussy but we are two fatties so just wondering what the companies sizing is like before we sign up?

WVURunner said:
So DH and I were looking at what we wanted to do in Gibralter and since we couldn't find Disney excursion that covered everything, I looked into private excursions. Is there anyone intersted in joining us and splitting up the cost of a private excursion? We will be a group of four adults with a 3 year old joining us for the dolphin part but kids are welcome. Tour can fit up to 8.
All info is below:
Tour company is Gib Tours-http://www.gibtours.com/rock-tour-options.html
Tour D approx. 4 hour
100 Ton Gun
Europa Point/ Trinity Lighthouse
Pillars of Hercules/Jews Gate
St Michael's Cave
9.2 Inch Gun/ O'Hara's Battery
Apes Den/Top of the Rock
Great Siege Tunnels
World War ll Tunnels
Moorish Castle/ Tower of Homage

price is £270 for up to 8 people plus addmission costs

ADMISSION FEES
Nature Reserve - £10.00 per person
O’Hara’s Battery - £3.50 per person
Second World War Tunnels - £8.00 per person
Admission for under 6 year olds - FREE

We plan on adding the dolphin safari after the tour:
APPROXIMATE JOURNEY TIME - 1 hour 30 mins.
PRICES:
£25.00 per adult
£15.00 per child (under 12 years old)
Get 10% discount on your dolphin safari when booking in conjunction with your rock tour.

If you don't want to do the dolphin ride, you can be dropped off after at the ship when we pick up the kid

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Hi, sorry I've been a bit MIA over the last couple of days - please can you put us down as a definite for the tour but not the dolphin ride. We are lucky enough to have swam with dolphins and been on a couple of boat trips like that before so DB is thinking because of that and we would have just spent that long a ship anyway he wants to skip it :)

Thanks again for organising it - we are really grateful :)

Any word on what the sizing is like? Sorry to be fussy but we are two fatties so just wondering what the companies sizing is like before we sign up?

The company makes up to a 2XL, there has been a $5 extra charge for 2 & 3XL

I heard back from the shirt guys and here is what they said:
"We can definitely make the deadline if we proceed to the order in the next 2-3 weeks.

Val, we would really like to do this for you and I hope you recognize that these are very unique and special shirts that are not run of the mill shirts we normally produce. We are still absorbing additional costs over and above what we would normally have on a shirt without a border or single print image on the back.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed and we will get started right away."

I called Becky cause I said I need specific costs. She explained to me that our design, a border at the bottom and a large image on the back, takes twice the material then if we just had a repeating pattern like most of their orders use. The images also have a lot more colors then the usual 6, more like 15. Lastly, the they will have to create patterns just for us.

Bottom-line, they cost a lot more then if we just ordered a shirt with a logo all over it. The cost, if we order a minimum of 50 shirts would be about $55 a piece. Then there would be the individual shipping cost to mail them to each of you.

I don't know if we would have enough interest at this price. Can I get some input? I think they would be beautiful and a lot less then the shirts could buy on the ship - BUT .

I could work on a design that is just a repeating logo, less complex but I got the sense the group didn't want this.

We will take two if you get enough response to make the order work.

We will take two if you get enough response to make the order work.

LOL...My bad more than yours. I haven't quite gotten the knack of reading further down to see if things have changed from an earlier post. If I am away from the keyboard (personal one anyway) and read a post, doesn't matter if there are 5 more pages to be read the post I am reading is "now". I'll learn one day...I promise. Maybe. But I will try. Can't promise though.

Just issued a tornado watch here in Maryland until 2 AM Thursday. Temperatures have been 70 the past two days and will be 40's tomorrow.

Come on May!

Two days since the storm. No tornado, but I will spend most of tomorrow cutting up the half of a tree that came down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter