May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well never having been pregnant I have no comparison. However, that was by far the worst. It was the size of a garden pea and extremely painful, didn't have a snowballs chance on Castaway Cay of passing. Longest 10 days of my life. Have had numerous since, most no problem and no pain, just a wierd sensation. A couple have been painfull, comparing it to a small explosive having gone off in my back. But they have yassed with outside assistance.

Sounds like a BLAST! :rotfl2:

Yes it was, but I shall be reading and posting more often as the job has lightened up a little. It picks up again in a couple of weeks and then stays busy through April. However, I have the option, of which I am seriously thinking, of retiring in mid march. One would think that 38 years with the USPS was sufficient. But then again...who knows.

I just retired June 30 with 37 years 3 months and 9 days service with The Social Security Administration. Of course, I went to work at my church and am working more hours than ever with 1/4 of the pay. But Monsignor keeps telling me the blessings are endless. Love what I'm doing just wish I had time to feel retired. Which I am going to do for 14+ days real soon :banana:

75 cruisers! HA HA HA HA
200px-Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

https://sites.google.com/site/onamagicaltransatlanticjourney/home/roll-call

(please tell me that the image shows up or you're all gonna think I'm weirder than I really am. And, btw, that is actually what I do after each time I add a new cruiser to the roll call ;))

it's there!

Good morning! We will run this thread a few pages longer since we have until 250 pages anyway, and give the organizers a chance to update their placeholders on the first page of the new thread with the most updated lists/info. A couple of organizers are swamped with work this week and not able to be on DIS. If we can kick off Part Two in about a week, then we will have all info there and ready, plus not shut this down too far in advance of the 250 pages. :thumbsup2

Organizers - feel free to also add the link to your website event page as well for your event if you wish (like I did in post #2) https://sites.google.com/site/onamagicaltransatlanticjourney/

Still looking for an organizer for:
- Scrapbooking (was there an interest?)
- Rent a Princess (keep the list of who is donating extra tickets to whom)
- Til We Meet Again Luncheon (often tied in with Secret Mickey Reveal as well - easy to do - keep a list and give Lumiere's a headsup to expect x number of guests on ___ day at ___ time -- such as last sea day at noon)

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!! pixiedust:

Good morning! We just booked this cruise and are so excited. Our grandson, Bryan, age 8 is joining us. I did a quick read of some of the posts and noticed some kids his age were on the cruise.

We want to participate in all the activities this group has planned.

Good morning! We will run this thread a few pages longer since we have until 250 pages anyway, and give the organizers a chance to update their placeholders on the first page of the new thread with the most updated lists/info. A couple of organizers are swamped with work this week and not able to be on DIS. If we can kick off Part Two in about a week, then we will have all info there and ready, plus not shut this down too far in advance of the 250 pages. :thumbsup2

Organizers - feel free to also add the link to your website event page as well for your event if you wish (like I did in post #2) https://sites.google.com/site/onamagicaltransatlanticjourney/

Still looking for an organizer for:
- Scrapbooking (was there an interest?)
- Rent a Princess (keep the list of who is donating extra tickets to whom)
- Til We Meet Again Luncheon (often tied in with Secret Mickey Reveal as well - easy to do - keep a list and give Lumiere's a headsup to expect x number of guests on ___ day at ___ time -- such as last sea day at noon)

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!! pixiedust:

Thank you! Appreciate all you've done to organize this!

I can team up with Yvet if you'd like and make the call to Lumiere's.

Good morning! We just booked this cruise and are so excited. Our grandson, Bryan, age 8 is joining us. I did a quick read of some of the posts and noticed some kids his age were on the cruise.

Welcome! My boys will be 7 and are very shy at first, but they'll have 14 days to warm up! :thumbsup2

Low platelets are a life threatening issue - please don't wait, if no appointment today, PLEASE go to the ED (emergency department - they don't call them ER any more).Cayla

Thanks, I honestly didn't realize it was that big of a deal, I tend to put off medical things and refuse to look at internet for info (boss swore she had brain tumor cuz that is what internet said, turned out it was a B-12 defincancy)..I couldn't find a doctor to take me yesterday morning (won't even let me explain issue since I would be a new patient), earliest was 2/22! So I went to urgent care and after more bloodwork they sent me to a hematolgist. My levels were a little higher so they said I didn't need a transfusion, still trying to figure out what is causing it. A sick day equals one less vacation day :( But as my boss said, at least your are alive to take the remaining vacation days! Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain!
Howdy All,

Long time lurker here. Very excited that my family has just booked the EBTA. We're a military family and very much looking forward to some time off after this last tour. We've cruised with Disney one time before back in 2004 so we expect things will have changed. Still, we can't wait to get going.

BTW, it'll be me, my wife, and our four girls, 15,13,9,7. Can't wait to get underway! Is it May yet?

JP
As already been said, thanks fo your service!
My Dad (father of three girls), always joked that there was a special bathroom in heaven just for the fathers of girls! I hope he is enjoying it!

Actually my doctor did recommend beer. But then this was the "stone age" LOL Back in 1990 I believe.
Lucky you! I got the opposite, no booze for me :( Also hope that is lifted before the cruise!

:welcome:

Our girls are eight (turn nine right after the first Med cruise) and are looking forward to meeting all the kids!

Thanks, I honestly didn't realize it was that big of a deal, I tend to put off medical things and refuse to look at internet for info (boss swore she had brain tumor cuz that is what internet said, turned out it was a B-12 defincancy)..I couldn't find a doctor to take me yesterday morning (won't even let me explain issue since I would be a new patient), earliest was 2/22! So I went to urgent care and after more bloodwork they sent me to a hematolgist. My levels were a little higher so they said I didn't need a transfusion, still trying to figure out what is causing it. A sick day equals one less vacation day :( But as my boss said, at least your are alive to take the remaining vacation days! Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain!
I hope everything is sorted out soon and that you are back to drinking and shaving to your heart's content :hug:

Howdy All,

Long time lurker here. Very excited that my family has just booked the EBTA. We're a military family and very much looking forward to some time off after this last tour. We've cruised with Disney one time before back in 2004 so we expect things will have changed. Still, we can't wait to get going.

BTW, it'll be me, my wife, and our four girls, 15,13,9,7. Can't wait to get underway! Is it May yet?

JP

Welcome aboard!!! And thank you so much for your service! :thumbsup2

BTW - I believe there have been several book the Military rate for this cruise who have posted on here.

Welcome aboard!! :goodvibes

For rollcall - please make sure you sign up here: https://sites.google.com/site/onamagicaltransatlanticjourney/home/roll-call

We will have Part Two thread up and running in about a week with ALL the activities posted on one page by each organizer. In the meantime you can take a peek on the website above - on the right there is a list of the activities with info when you click on each one. You have not missed any deadlines. :)

Glad you got in to see someone!!Hope it is all sorted out soon. :hug:

We kept a list going of who signed up - mainly for planning purposes for the staff. Some were part of Secret Mickey, others joined for fun. No big deal if someone didn't show up (since not a paid thing) except if they still needed to share their final Secret Mickey gift.

I think we had the entire section of Lumiere's by the hallway/windows. For PJ Breakfast they gave us the other side by the windows overlooking the water.

We kept a list going of who signed up - mainly for planning purposes for the staff. Some were part of Secret Mickey, others joined for fun. No big deal if someone didn't show up (since not a paid thing) except if they still needed to share their final Secret Mickey gift.

I think we had the entire section of Lumiere's by the hallway/windows. For PJ Breakfast they gave us the other side by the windows overlooking the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
Yikes, that sounds like absolutely NO fun! Also, welcome, I noticed this was your first post

Yes it was, but I shall be reading and posting more often as the job has lightened up a little. It picks up again in a couple of weeks and then stays busy through April. However, I have the option, of which I am seriously thinking, of retiring in mid march. One would think that 38 years with the USPS was sufficient. But then again...who knows.
JimmyL47 is offline Report Post

Ummmm, I would have to say....YES, 38 is DEFINITELY enough! I am sure Judith thinks so too :)

Actually my doctor did recommend beer. But then this was the "stone age" LOL Back in 1990 I believe.

When I had stones in 2008, my doc said nothing brewed, smoked or pickled. :confused3

Welcome aboard :)

Welcome Aboard! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter