May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Nah... but thanks!
Seriously - by working together as a DIS group, we are able to help one another out, share experiences and tidbits, and help make this the best vacation ever for everyone involved. Life is way too short on this planet IMHO, so be positive and help all you can. :thumbsup2

So true!! :goodvibes

:offtopic: For those of you who do yearly (or more often) dermatologist appointments for skin cancer checks -- let me suggest that if you are due before the cruise, schedule it at least a month prior to leaving for Galveston.

I went back on Friday just for a mole that bothered me (my normal appts are Dec and May). Figured it was just clothes rubbing it. I learned today the biopsy showed it was pre-melanoma so I am returning to get wider margins cut. That means stitches (about 3 inches) for two weeks in my shoulder. So from figuring your checkup, waiting for any biopsy results, then scheduling a follow-up if a biopsy comes back funky... just thought I would throw that out there for planning purposes. I had another one of these last spring right before our trip to the USVI - literally had stitches removed the day before our flight out. This time my stitches will come out 2 weeks before we leave for Costa Rica.

I am very thankful it was not full melanoma like hubby has had, and thankful it can just be cut out by catching it early. My regular 6-month appt is in early May, and after this impromptu visit, it made me rethink that early May appointment's scheduling.

And for those of you not doing yearly dermatology checkups (and monthly self skin exams), please consider it. It might just save your life! :thumbsup2 And pack your sunscreen, wide brim hat, etc for this fabulous cruise!! :banana:
:hug:

I'm glad you're getting it taken care of and that you had it checked earlier than you're regular appt.

My yearly appt is in Sept, so I'm good to go here.

Nah... but thanks!

And funny you said "cruise director". We have taken our family on two group cruises of about 20-ish of us. The first of which was the first cruise (and first flight) for most involved. I felt like a mother duck. :rotfl2:

Seriously - by working together as a DIS group, we are able to help one another out, share experiences and tidbits, and help make this the best vacation ever for everyone involved. Life is way too short on this planet IMHO, so be positive and help all you can. :thumbsup2
:cool1:

Thanks for your flexibility. As I said I would be willing to move too. I can be quite chatty as well and will talk to anyone and everyone. At the Palo Brunch, though I may be so busy stuffing my face that talking may be difficult!! :laughing:
Good point! Maybe I'll be oddly quiet :rotfl:

Checking into the new thread! :cheer2: It's 9.45pm here, and if I was on the Magic right now, I'd be relaxing in the cabin before heading to the piano bar for cocktails and tunes. One thing I really enjoyed on the Panama Canal cruise was having time to enjoy the evening entertainment til it closed down, without burning the candle at both ends and feeling I had to be up first thing in the morning too to get my money's worth. I'm a morning lark..except when on holiday :)

Ahhhhhh..... yes...... One of my favorite relaxing activities onboard!

Good point! Maybe I'll be oddly quiet :rotfl:

Yeah, right.... ;) And maybe I'll do the same :rotfl2:

Prayers that all is well! I go yearly for a full body dermatology check but I know a lot of people don't and it's a very important one to do. I've have a few spots removed as well but thank goodness they came back negative!!!

Yay for all negatives! I have fortunately had more negatives than "uh ohs". As long as they don't have to go digging after lymph nodes to do any biopsies, I am MORE than happy having new battle scars on any of us. Hubby said having the lymph nodes taken out hurt worse than the 5-inch scar he has from that spot one now.

I just made an appointment, Mandy. My first skin checkup. Your post made me decide. Thank you.
Bobbi:)

you are definately spoiled!! So, if the island itself isn't a draw (beautiful) you could consider the wave runners - they take you out to a sandbar about a mile from anywhere to explore. The path is beautiful - most likely you have the same (or better) flowers at home.

The beaches are nice - I didn't see a lot of beaches while in Hawaii - so I can't compare. The sand is white and soft (I guess most of it is in that locale - in NJ it is much coarser and rough to walk on). The are lots of things to photograph, and the buildings are interesting - make note of the names - all of them are people who work for DCL!

If you choose to stay on the ship - well...lots to do! Movies, kids clubs, spa stuff etc...they keep the activities going for those who are sun-shy or just prefer to not go on the island.

I am super bummed we can't do the wave runners. That would've definitely been my first choice. :sad1:

I think for me the "sand" part can be nice almost anywhere, but the "water" part is what thrills me -- crystal clear, from aqua to deep blue...

I am very interested in checking out the buildings now! That is cool!

And I have heard that many choose to stay on the ship. But not us. I am a water girl and we are getting in no matter what! :dance3: (my son put that on btw haha)

I just made an appointment, Mandy. My first skin checkup. Your post made me decide. Thank you.

Good for you Bobbi! I had one a couple of months ago, along with my 11 year old son :) He has a few café ole spots and I wanted to have them checked out.

Thanks Mandy, not only are you the cruise director, you are the Public Service Announcer too :thumbsup2 :lmao:

I am super bummed we can't do the wave runners. That would've definitely been my first choice. :sad1:

I think for me the "sand" part can be nice almost anywhere, but the "water" part is what thrills me -- crystal clear, from aqua to deep blue...

I am very interested in checking out the buildings now! That is cool!

And I have heard that many choose to stay on the ship. But not us. I am a water girl and we are getting in no matter what! :dance3: (my son put that on btw haha)

The bike ride is alot of fun too. We did that last time and then went back to play in the water. It's not just beach...the water slides and rope swings are fun!!!

Released today, 2014 itineraries now on website.

eBta 2014 12 nights

Wbta 14 nights Barcelona, Malaga, Tenerife, Antigua, st Maarten, st kitts and San juan

Seriously thinking of doing the westbound, great ports.

Yay!!! :goodvibes Don't be afraid to bare it all, even in those nooks and crannies. :lmao: Seriously -- hubby has had three spots of melanoma (thigh, stomach, arm) and luckily all caught when stage one. Had we waited a year, we could have a different prognosis......

Good for you Bobbi! I had one a couple of months ago, along with my 11 year old son :) He has a few café ole spots and I wanted to have them checked out.

Thanks Mandy, not only are you the cruise director, you are the Public Service Announcer too :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Haha!! :thumbsup2

binkytell said:

eBta 2014 12 nights

Wbta 14 nights Barcelona, Malaga, Tenerife, Antigua, st Maarten, st kitts and San juan

I wish we could do the WBTA as the ports will be awesome for diving! But my friend is from Hawaii and her wedding will be there in August 2014 so we will have to settle for a Hawaii vacation instead.

eBta 2014 12 nights

What website? The WBTA is in September, but DCL site doesn't have anything beyond August that I can see?!!! I would love to do the westbound too!

My folks (who are divorced from one another) and my aunt and uncle will be joining us for the second leg of our trip, the Med. Really looking forward to that :woohoo:

That is awesome! "My parents" are really my mom and stepdad -- it's just easier to call them parents haha. My dad and stepmom are super involved with the boys, too. We all hang out together a lot. In fact, my mom and dad are together with the boys three days a week. I love when families can be close this way!

The bike ride is alot of fun too. We did that last time and then went back to play in the water. It's not just beach...the water slides and rope swings are fun!!!

What??? There are water slides and rope swings? I had no idea. I thought it was just a lagoon. I'm so lame I didn't even look at the website, but I did just now. Pelican Plunge looks fabulous! Thanks!

Will also think about the bikes, but now may want to spend all my time on the slide! :thumbsup2

What website? The WBTA is in September, but DCL site doesn't have anything beyond August that I can see?!!! I would love to do the westbound too!

Dcl website, gold/platinum book tomorrow, Thursday for the rest of us.

Look under cruises and destinations - top left

eBta 2014 12 nights

I am ALL ABOUT the WBTA! Great ports is right! But wait a sec, isn't that when I'm supposed to plan for the PC?

I didn't even realize that you were the only singleton on the first brunch. I just filled the slots as the PMs came in. I believe Mandy's MIL is in your group as well. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, I will change places with you or I could also PM Kirbo and see if she and her DH would like to move to the first group and then move you to the second group. Let me know if you want to change, I'm sure we can arrange something. :)

Oh gosh no, I don't want anyone to move or anything! As long as you all say "hi" to me I'll be fine! I'm actually quite shy, so am making myself sign up to as much as possible so I can talk to lots of people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter