May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

I have taken full sized checked luggage through the scanner without even a glance from the agent. In NYC I took "iron mountain" boxes...again, just a question of "you are sailing on Disney, right? ...lots of alcohol in those boxes, miss" I just smiled and took them off the belt! (there was a lot of alcohol....12 bottles of wine, a case of Strongbow, 2 liters Amaretto, 1.75 liter Sweet tea vodka and misc other dessert wines).

Not an issue...

I think I found my new best friend! What's your cabin number?:thumbsup2

Wow, IrishCowboy was QUICK on closing Part One and adding Part Two to the list. :yay:

Whoop Whoop - new thread!!! :)

Big thanks to all the organisers setting their placeholders up and especially to Mandy for getting it all started.

No problem! I had thrown out the idea of having everything located on page one last winter, but nobody seemed keen on the idea back then. I guess after having to wade through 200+ pages of posts people started understanding the benefit of having the most updated info on page one. ;)

Kirbo, don't feel dumb about people getting Icelandic airfare, you got a great price for what you did and you do what's right for you at the time :)

Plus... airfares are like a yo-yo. You would've had to watch them hourly. Craziness!

But yes - I remember last summer people looking for airfare, getting crazy figures, and I was able to find Iceland Air for less than half of what they were finding. Plus bonus... throw in a quick excursion in Iceland :thumbsup2

Gives you something to think about for your NEXT European cruise. Baltics maybe?

Whoop Whoop - new thread!!! :)

Big thanks to all the organisers setting their placeholders up and especially to Mandy for getting it all started.

Kirbo, don't feel dumb about people getting Icelandic airfare, you got a great price for what you did and you do what's right for you at the time :)

I think I found my new best friend! What's your cabin number?:thumbsup2
:rotfl:

Wow, IrishCowboy was QUICK on closing Part One and adding Part Two to the list. :yay:

No problem! I had thrown out the idea of having everything located on page one last winter, but nobody seemed keen on the idea back then. I guess after having to wade through 200+ pages of posts people started understanding the benefit of having the most updated info on page one. ;)

Plus... airfares are like a yo-yo. You would've had to watch them hourly. Craziness!

But yes - I remember last summer people looking for airfare, getting crazy figures, and I was able to find Iceland Air for less than half of what they were finding. Plus bonus... throw in a quick excursion in Iceland :thumbsup2

Gives you something to think about for your NEXT European cruise. Baltics maybe?
The airfare thing had me :scared: Next time I'll enlist someone like you to watch them for me. You're good at this stuff!

The Baltics :scratchin. Probably can't afford going there. But it sure would be nice!

So glad we have this thread now. I am just too lazy for the old thread. I need all the info to be easily accessible. Case in point, the airfare thing :rolleyes:. If I'd had it all laid out nice and neat that would have helped :rotfl2:

We are planning a Baltics cruise with Princess in 2015, it will most likely be our next cruise after this one as already have plans for the latter part of this year and 2014.

Although if Disney do announce a Baltics today........there will be discussions AKA begging AKA being told tonight in our household :rotfl2:

FAO Bobbiwoz - I saw you mention on the previous thread that you are not a big/serious pin collector. Just to let you know I'm not really either as I only buy pins from Disney parks not off Ebay etc. So I may be not trading lots on the day, if any, that's why I tried to put it on the website that if you want to come and just chat about pins and admire others that's fine too :)

Hopefully it hasn't put you off signing up :)

:cheer2::cheer2: New Thread!!

Love having all of the organizers info easily accessible!

Thanks to everyone that have worked so hard putting all of the events together. Dennis and I greatly appreciate it.:cheer2:

JENNIFER & DENNIS

FAO Bobbiwoz - I saw you mention on the previous thread that you are not a big/serious pin collector. Just to let you know I'm not really either as I only buy pins from Disney parks not off Ebay etc. So I may be not trading lots on the day, if any, that's why I tried to put it on the website that if you want to come and just chat about pins and admire others that's fine too :)

Hopefully it hasn't put you off signing up :)

I did sign in today!

I am dealing with issues other than cruising these days, so not active here. However, today I looked at my pins and am thinking how I will bring some special ones to show and I will love to meet and talk to people at this event!!

I also appreciate getting all of the information.

Is there a target number for the FE groups. I have not signed up because the number of participants is so high. Now I have read about subgroups. Can someone please elaborate?

Bobbi:goodvibes

I did sign in today!

I am dealing with issues other than cruising these days, so not active here. However, today I looked at my pins and am thinking how I will bring some special ones to show and I will love to meet and talk to people at this event!!

Is there a target number for the FE groups. I have not signed up because the number of participants is so high. Now I have read about subgroups. Can someone please elaborate?

Bobbi, Sarah said earlier that she would limit the top number to 20 cabins (that is how I remember it) There may be more people but a lot of people just do one cabin gift so that should at least get you started. :goodvibes can't wait!

bobbiwoz said:
I did sign in today!

That's what I thought would be cool, people sharing stories on why pins are special to them :)

Glad we made it to the new thread!

I am finalizing our plans for Port Adventures. I have looked on Trip Advisor and then basically just picked what I thought we would like. Not the best strategy, but whatevs, I love traveling and seeing/doing new things so I'm sure it will all be fine!

Glad we made it to the new thread!

I am finalizing our plans for Port Adventures. I have looked on Trip Advisor and then basically just picked what I thought we would like. Not the best strategy, but whatevs, I love traveling and seeing/doing new things so I'm sure it will all be fine!

Sometimes, that's the best way to do it!! It can lead to some fun and exceptional experiences. :)

Bobbi, Sarah said earlier that she would limit the top number to 20 cabins (that is how I remember it) There may be more people but a lot of people just do one cabin gift so that should at least get you started. :goodvibes can't wait!

That's what I remember as well.... 15-20 cabins. :thumbsup2

kaseyC said:
Sometimes, that's the best way to do it!! It can lead to some fun and exceptional experiences. :)

That's what I try to do now, I tend to over plan things lately and I need to stop doing it!

That's what I try to do now, I tend to over plan things lately and I need to stop doing it!

I like to phrase it as "maximizing our vacation time available"

It drives me nuts if we wander around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do, where to eat, how to get from Point A to Point B.... when I could have had it figured out previously. There's such a limited time when on vacation I try to get everything in as efficiently and affordably as possibly.

So no... you are not over planning ;) You are maximizing and becoming efficient so you can enjoy vacation :thumbsup2

ETA: When you have two little ones with you, it's a definite to have a little over-planning ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter