May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Sorry we have been MIA for the last few week. Our 23 year old niece was admitted to OSU intensive Care unit on 3/25 for acute liver failure. Unfortunately, there wasn't a liver found before she died on 4/2.

So if we have missed rsvp's for various things, please PM us, so we can get caught up.

Thanks, JenDen
So sorry to hear about this...thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

These look great! Thanks! I may get some. We are hoping to bring 10 bottles, so I'm still interested in finding out more about the wine carrier.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but can anyone recommend (and recommend being the key word, I much prefer to use companies you are happy with) a private transfer from IAH to the port? I've been quote $150 from limos.com but I don't know who they will use and even if anyone will be there to meet me.

Much prefer to have a private transfer at it means I'm not holding others up or vice versa. After long travels I just want to see someone with my name on a board and let them take over :)

Paul

We are using limos.com as well and you can see the company they will use. I read the reviews and look up on yelp also.

Sorry we have been MIA for the last few week. Our 23 year old niece was admitted to OSU intensive Care unit on 3/25 for acute liver failure. Unfortunately, there wasn't a liver found before she died on 4/2.

So if we have missed rsvp's for various things, please PM us, so we can get caught up.

Thanks, JenDen

Oh my, Jen - I am so sorry. :hug: A friend of mine is a liver transplant surgeon - I know how hard it can be finding a match. This month is national Donate Life month - hopefully if someone is reading this and is not a registered organ donor, but is considering it, they might sign up. Any adult from any US state can sign up here - it will link them to their state donor registry (we don't have a national donor registry in the US). I am actually reading this book right now -- it is about a former student of mine. No loss is easy. :( I will add your family to my prayers during this difficult time if that is okay.

Thanks, JenDen

I am so terribly sorry for your loss :(. My condolences to you and your family. :hug:

I just called DCL to see if there was any new news on special entertainment onboard or Villain's Night date, but the CM could not see anything new. She did however reconfirm the existing dates we know below, so no changes to those:

Special Dining Nights (all are at sea days)
  • Sun 5/19 - Formal
  • Fri 5/24 - Pirate Night
  • Sat 5/25 - Semi-Formal
  • Wed 5/29 - Formal
  • Official DCL Dress Code is stated here and dining tips are located here

I just called DCL to see if there was any new news on special entertainment onboard or Villain's Night date, but the CM could not see anything new. She did however reconfirm the existing dates we know below, so no changes to those:
When can we find out what movies are showing? Is it two weeks before? Or a month? I know I've read somewhere that you can call and they'll know, but I can't remember the timeline.

Thanks, JenDen

I'm so sorry for your loss. Will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

When can we find out what movies are showing? Is it two weeks before? Or a month? I know I've read somewhere that you can call and they'll know, but I can't remember the timeline.

I don't know... but I do have friends in my neighborhood on the April 16, April 20, and April 26 sailings I hope to hit up! hehehehe Might give insight to what might be showing for us.

Hello all,

Anyone planning to go to Disney Paris after the disembarkation on June 1? Have you found any reasonably priced hotels? If so, which one? Thanks.

Cheers
Teri :)

After doing a tour in Barcelona, we are heading to Paris. We fly in on Saturday night, will spend Sunday seeing the city, then do Disneyland Paris for 2 days. I was SHOCKED :scared1: by some of the prices! The "value" rooms were $300 a night! So we ended up booking Hôtel l'Elysée Val d'Europe. It's just a short 5 minute bus ride to Disney, is across the street from the RER, had great reviews, and was a more manageable price. I'm thinking breakfast was included as well but I can't remember for sure. I booked it several months ago and can't remember all of the details but I'm pretty happy about my decision. Maybe we'll run into each other at Disney. ;)

I think it was GoofieNewfie who mentioned something about picking seats on Iceland Air. We (like Cayla and Cathy) were able to pick our seats when we purchased the tickets last October.

Thanks, JenDen

Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry to hear that! I can't even imagine what your family is going through. My heart goes out to you all. :hug:

Thanks, JenDen

So sorry to hear about this. I am thinking about you and your family.

We are still needing to book our flight. I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but the research clearly shows that you should look in the 7-6 week window. The 7-week went by and I TOLD my mom we should book when the price dropped over $150/per person (she said "no, we should still wait") and then it got way more expensive.

The good news is that United totally jacked up our return home from Reno (RNO-SFO made us miss our connection SFO-HNL), and even though it was MISERABLE and I had to cancel my clients in the morning and literally go to work straight from the airport to see the afternoon/evening/night people, I got a $2000 voucher to use for the May flights so ROCK ON!

I still would've rather come home as planned haha. (All four of us were upgraded to first on the original flight but only three got upgraded on the actual flight -- our friend was with us so he kept one of the boys with him in Econ. Plus and I rotated them out next to me.)

OMG are we the only ones who are daring to try to fly in on the day of??? :scared1: I am getting nervous....:crowded:

We are flying in the day of as well. No worries!! We will make it!:lovestruc

We used to always fly the day of until now. Last cruise (Oct 2012) we got caught in an exceptionally long line in security and the air line closed the door 20 minutes early and we missed our flight. All available flights that would work to get us there in time were full. Was able to find a flight on another airline that got us close enough to drive and get to the port in time. It was traumatic :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Thanks, JenDen

So sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Are there any updates I need to make to the first post? I can change Tink's name for PJ Breakfast and Pin Trading (still hoping she comes back! :goodvibes )

Any dates to add to the calendar?

BadBrad -- haven't seen you post in a while. You still onboard for Pub Crawl?

Love the tip about the Brookstone wine luggage! We were trying to figure out how to get our wine. We fly into Bush, then have a Disney transfer. How do you get the wine onto the boat after your flight? Is the 'wine luggage' carry-on size?
Yes, it is essentially a collapsible nylon padded cube which fits snugly over a standard 12-bottle cardboard shipping carton (included; then, afterwards if you wish, the empty nylon shell can be folded and placed into a regular suitcase;the shipping cardboard box then discarded and another bought at a UPS store at home for about 8 bucks).
It has web handles as well as two wheels and a tether to pull. Bigger than a roll-aboard, but carry-able; 20x17x18". This is the first time we're going to bring it aboard.:woohoo:
check out the Wine Check: http://www.brookstone.com/the-wine-...ine_Carriers|SubCategoryWidget|805312p&catId=

Ladies,

Your right it's 43 days, and six weeks until flights etc, however it's 1000 hours until you start boarding as of tomorrow night. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter